Turn on thread page Beta

Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    I agree, the weekend being so awesome totally made up for the pain I'm in now. I have so many bruises and a burnt nose but I loved every second. It was my first festival! I can't wait for next year :woo:
    same and same and i've come home with so many stories my friends who didn't go this year are all reall wanting to go next year so it should be really good. PLUS next year i'll be 18 so yay for legal drinking and purchasing

(Original post by FutureMedic!)
    ahhh compeed is a beaut brand. they make the bestest blister plasters. bought them from tesco's on saturday and omg they were the best things since sliced bread. ahhhh....
    :yes: :love:
    I bought loads of them for DofE :heart: I didn't actually get ANY blisters at Reading because I just wore my wellies which are a size too big for me and thick welly socks the whole of the weekend so it was my wellies that got completely destroyed but not my feet :o: Well, they are destroyed but not blistered up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    same and same and i've come home with so many stories my friends who didn't go this year are all reall wanting to go next year so it should be really good. PLUS next year i'll be 18 so yay for legal drinking and purchasing

:yes: :love:
    I bought loads of them for DofE :heart: I didn't actually get ANY blisters at Reading because I just wore my wellies which are a size too big for me and thick welly socks the whole of the weekend so it was my wellies that got completely destroyed but not my feet :o: Well, they are destroyed but not blistered up.
    haha fair enough... i had wellies, but i didnt wear them. i dont know why. instead i wore some canvas plimsolls all weekend... NEVER, EVER AGAIN. My feet are a mess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureMedic!)
    haha fair enough... i had wellies, but i didnt wear them. i dont know why. instead i wore some canvas plimsolls all weekend... NEVER, EVER AGAIN. My feet are a mess!
    Not as bad as the people I saw next to me in the mosh pits in Prodigy who were wearing FLIP FLOPS. They crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Destroyed my immune system on Sunday and feeling it now

Finally cut off my Reading 07 band

Enjoyed this year, but think it will be my last for a while unless next years line up can equal or beat 2008

ReputationRep:
    has anyone bought NME yet?

I might go and get it for the aerial photo.

ReputationRep:
    Spent most of Sunday working the guest bar and the rest drinking very large quantities and taking... other things, and convincing burger companies to give me cheap food. Radiohead were good, though.

ReputationRep:
    They have an aerial photo in the NME Magazine? Brilliant idea.

ReputationRep:
    I've got some horrible flu too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grapevine)
    I've got some horrible flu too
    Me too. I can't swallow either. Also have asthma and it's ****** my breathing up so much.

But leeds was still amazing. I'll get ill again for it anytime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisss)
    This has been the best year of leeds from my experience. I saw far less artists this year but what I saw was quality over quantity.

Did anyone see Florence and the Machine at leeds. I had only heard a few of her tracks but from seeing her performance ive got to say im a massive fan. It left me completely speechless how talented and passionate she was.
    Florence was AMAZING! I loved that everyone sang happy birthday! She was the most entertaining person I saw.

ETA: Before KOL were on I actually couldn't breath and everyone was pushing up against a barrier we couldn't get through, I felt worse than when at the front of Prodigy. I left, KOL so aren't worth it, I heard they were **** anyway!

(Original post by unknownpleasures)
    Did anyone go to Swap-o-Rama on Thursday night?
    I went in straight after Blood Red Shoes and we heard everyone singing to MGMT! I didn't swap anything but I thought it was a good sing a long / get drunk time .

ReputationRep:
    To the people who thought they were getting crushed to death, how small/heavy are you?

I wonder if I got off lucky or I am just bigger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    To the people who thought they were getting crushed to death, how small/heavy are you?
    The crushes these days are nothing compared to how they were before that second barrier. In 2003 the entire front barrier collapsed under the weight of the crowd with people frequently passing out and having to be crowd surfed out during SOAD.

Check out how packed in that crowd is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2sdNE7SLOI

^^^ Also, best ever Reading Festival!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    The crushes these days are nothing compared to how they were before that second barrier. In 2003 the entire front barrier collapsed under the weight of the crowd with people frequently passing out and having to be crowd surfed out during SOAD.

Check out how packed in that crowd is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2sdNE7SLOI

^^^ Also, best ever Reading Festival!
    Wow, that performance looks insane, and the crowd looks like a complete mash up.

ReputationRep:

I didn't find any of the crushing that bad as I was tall enough to always have my head in open space, but I'd imagine it would be pretty horrific if you couldn't even see anything.

ReputationRep:

pretty small, but like the poster above me, i'm not short so i could just about manage. :yep:

around 9 and a half stone, ~5'10" since you asked :woo:

ReputationRep:

8 stone and 5ft3 :o:

I wasn't crushed to death until three grown men FELL on me! :p: But other than that it was fine because I was basically lifted up by the crowd moshing because it was that packed.

Very thankful for the second barrier!

ReputationRep:
    i'm 11 stone and i was on the front barrier in the centre for the majority of kings of leon set... i haven't been in that much pain in like.... ever! but it was sooooo worth it, even though they were ****s.

ReputationRep:
    Was on the front barrier all day back in 2004. The guy next to me had to get lifted out after a few hours. Bumped into him the next day, he'd had to go to hospital and had 3 cracked ribs from being pushed up against the barrier!

ReputationRep:

I'm 5ft 3 and 7stone 3. So tiny. Most off the time couldn't see anything either. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la.de.da)
    I'm 5ft 3 and 7stone 3. So tiny. Most off the time couldn't see anything either. :o:
    should of just hopped on the nearest persons shoulders. The amount of people that literally just climbed on my shoulders was unreal.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.