Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hmm guys, this sounds pretty dumb but say if a uni gives u an unconditional offer, it means guaranteed place in the uni right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ccm123)
    Hmm guys, this sounds pretty dumb but say if a uni gives u an unconditional offer, it means guaranteed place in the uni right?

Yes, if you can provide proof of your qualifications.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ccm123)
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting months for Aston, my top choice =[

ReputationRep:
    Hey, im a student from Singapore taking the A-levels. I got AAA/A + 2H3 distinction in maths and physics. Trying for imperial college and oxford, what are my chances??

ReputationRep:
    two weeks past since my interview at UCL and still no word. I'm hoping UCAS updates at 5pm today, this seems to be the pattern for me..

ReputationRep:
    Yeh sure its all good that I havent been rejected but how is it normal that having applied on October 17th that Ive only heard back from two Unis! Im predicted A*AA and as far as I know meet all entry requirements should I give them a ding or something? Cos results is in 2 days and knowing what grades my unis want is useful when deciding what to retake.

ReputationRep:
    You may want to call them up and see if your application is even acknowledged. Sometimes (uncommonly) they don't receive your application.

Depending on the course they could still be considering all the offers but since you applied early I think you should call them. Also after your results- you can ask them about their entry requirements and if taking a retake is necessary.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    All the unis have definitely received your application if you've had offers etc. already. I applied early too, so I know how you feel. All you can do is wait - phoning up or emailing won't hurt, but chances are they'll just give you a standard reply. You've applied to unis that seem to take a while to apply, anyway... the recommended date is 31st March, but some unis/departments have been known to reply in April or even May, so all you can do is be patient. It is a bit annoying when you feel like your life's on hold, because you'd be able make your decisions now... just know a fair few people are in the same boat!

ReputationRep:
    Also I've heard that this year applications are sky high and uni budgets are being cut so loads of universities are holding back on decisions for a while - some even waiting till clearing would you believe it?! It's not a reflection on you, the climate has changed this year and things are tough! Fingers crossed for you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megtree)
    Also I've heard that this year applications are sky high and uni budgets are being cut so loads of universities are holding back on decisions for a while - some even waiting till clearing would you believe it?! It's not a reflection on you, the climate has changed this year and things are tough! Fingers crossed for you...
    They can't wait till clearing... unis would need to respond by then so you can go through Extra if necessary, and then if you still haven't got a place either through declining or rejections, then you can go through clearing.

ReputationRep:
    some even waiting till clearing would you believe it?!
    No, I don't believe it, not when the UCAS website says this:
    7 May 2010
    If you applied by 15 January, universities and colleges need to send their decisions by this date. If they don't, we will make any outstanding choices unsuccessful on their behalf.
    20 July 2010
    If you applied by 30 June and are waiting for decisions, universities and colleges need to send us their decisions by this date. If they don't, we will make any outstanding choices unsuccessful on their behalf.
    Source: http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/importantdates

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional offer from London Met

I applied to do Microbiology and they've offered me a place but with the foundation year. Thing is, I've already done the foundation year at a local uni, however failed ONE exam, worth 50% of one module. I tried to explain it in my PS. Think I'm gonna ring them tomorrow to see if it is really necessary for me to start at entry level 0.

Worth it?!

ReputationRep:
    :eek3: :eek: :woo:

KCL Law, conditional to obtaining distinction in the legal methods course i am doing at the moment

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrilliantMinds)
    Hey, im a student from Singapore taking the A-levels. I got AAA/A + 2H3 distinction in maths and physics. Trying for imperial college and oxford, what are my chances??
    For what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stressworthy)
    They can't wait till clearing... unis would need to respond by then so you can go through Extra if necessary, and then if you still haven't got a place either through declining or rejections, then you can go through clearing.

Obviously not for all places, that would be chaos! But this actually came from a friend in admissions...meaning that there are always places in clearing - this year they are hedging their bets a little and leaving more places open till later. The point was meant to demonstrate that, for various reasons, the climate has changed a bit this year.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously not for all places, that would be chaos! But this actually came from a friend in admissions...meaning that there are always places in clearing - this year they are hedging their bets a little and leaving more places open till later. The point was meant to demonstrate that, for various reasons, the climate has changed a bit this year.
    Ah OK - gosh that's different =/... haven't heard anything about it myself. But, I guess cuts have been made and whatnot. Maybe they're expecting more students to miss their grades or something... or some have too many applications or something and need more time? Meh, all I can do is wait...

ReputationRep:
    Sent 2nd PS off for social work but not heard anything back yet It's been over a month ragh! People who sent theres same time as me have interviews sucks to be me right now!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Studycrazy)
    Sent 2nd PS off for social work but not heard anything back yet It's been over a month ragh! People who sent theres same time as me have interviews sucks to be me right now!
    How come you had to do a 2nd PS?

Social Work departments can take a while to reply because of the amount of applications they get.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Edinburgh Napier? I've applied to study Child Nusing there and I am still waiting to hear if I can start in September. My friend has been accepted and interviewed for Nursing with a different university so I'm getting a bit worried about it now.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.