Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2011 Undergraduate Chat Thread Mk. III Watch

(Original post by Amandeep_Psych07)
      Do you guys think I should ask my friend if I've done anything wrong? She's barely been in touch over the past 3 weeks? It's literally gone from every other day to nothing.
      Nah, same thing with me 'n' my friend. Maybe she's just busy? :ahee:

Well, that's what I was told... :erm:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by + polarity -)
      What ****? My interview? Okay. Well yeah, I was ill, obv I wasn't gonna be functioning optimally, and I tried, and that's all I could do. :closedeyes:

hi.
      hi. how are you>

(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
        hi. how are you>
        all right, still a little (see above lol) and :sick:

just checking my work atm. I'm going to bash out this lab report before I go to bed. I'm :/ though because I have this group meeting tomorrow because we have to put a presentation together by Monday. It's only a short one, but the necessary planning will be used later on in the project, and if we don't have anything to show... it will show. :mute:

how are you? ~

ReputationRep:
        all right, still a little (see above lol) and :sick:

just checking my work atm. I'm going to bash out this lab report before I go to bed. I'm :/ though because I have this group meeting tomorrow because we have to put a presentation together by Monday. It's only a short one, but the necessary planning will be used later on in the project, and if we don't have anything to show... it will show. :mute:

how are you? ~
        Bit like you - sad, sick and tired I have nearly done my report, but still need to answer some questions and prbs a conclusion
        Also, a tutorial, labs on two days of th week, and then a test and a doctors appointment :/

Bit like you - sad, sick and tired I have nearly done my report, but still need to answer some questions and prbs a conclusion
          Also, a tutorial, labs on two days of th week, and then a test and a doctors appointment :/
          aw man, you have to do the full report! I just have to do a short discussion and make some graphs :ahee::aetsch:

hey, you'll get better soon (I hope!) :console:

I hope your test goes well :wink2:

ReputationRep:
          Do you guys think I should ask my friend if I've done anything wrong? She's barely been in touch over the past 3 weeks? It's literally gone from every other day to nothing.
          I'd say it's best to leave it, as hard as it is. I am actually in this situation with 3 friends currently and I actually approached each one in a different way (it's a way of learning ):

Friend 1: stopped talking to me like she used to, went off with some other people and virtually ditched me and I had to make a real effort to get her to talk to me even just a little bit. I spoke to a mutual friend about it (I don't usually like to involve others, but sometimes it needs to be done) and apparently she hadn't said anything about if she was talking to me or not. Anyway, I just said to my friend if there was anything she needed to talk about, she has my number. She gave a weird look and said "ok". Few weeks later we get talking a bit, things we used to talk about and we now seem to be getting along not as well as we once did, but better than how it was. So I am glad I didn't directly ask if I'd done anything wrong.

Friend 2: seemed to have vanished into thin air and stopped talking to me altogether. I asked him straight up if I'd done anything and he gave me a really rude response, which was unfair on me tbh, so, as I do, I gave a slightly rude response back. :rolleyes: That basically got nowhere and we seem to be on bad terms atm.

Friend 3: he started talking to me less and less and just talking to other people, almost all the time, and never me anymore. Basically, I got a bit annoyed so just started being a bit of a **** to him and blanking him in a way to see if he was actually talking to me or not, as I knew asking wouldn't work with him. That ended badly, however, after a cooling off period, we sorted it out, he still doesn't talk to me as much, but we are on better terms than we once were. :yep:

So yeah, obvs only the first one is female, but that might help, unless it was tl;dr.

What ****? My interview? Okay. Well yeah, I was ill, obv I wasn't gonna be functioning optimally, and I tried, and that's all I could do. :closedeyes:
          I don't think you understand. :pierre: I was talking about me never searching my username, yet pretending I had searched "****", as if you had posted (as you obvs want to call me that all the time)... lol D:

I knew about the **** interview. :console:

(Original post by Crazy Paving)
              I don't think you understand. :pierre: I was talking about me never searching my username, yet pretending I had searched "****", as if you had posted (as you obvs want to call me that all the time)... lol D:

I knew about the **** interview. :console:
              Oh... :mute: I see.

Yes, but everyone needs to know! :bawling:

This is why I don't have a YouTube account.

ReputationRep:
                aw man, you have to do the full report! I just have to do a short discussion and make some graphs :ahee::aetsch:

hey, you'll get better soon (I hope!) :console:

I hope your test goes well :wink2:
                Thankjs, you too
                I hate the bllody thing (report) if I hear or see the word "perovskit" again I will scream

ReputationRep:
                I'd say it's best to leave it, as hard as it is. I am actually in this situation with 3 friends currently and I actually approached each one in a different way (it's a way of learning ):

Friend 1: stopped talking to me like she used to, went off with some other people and virtually ditched me and I had to make a real effort to get her to talk to me even just a little bit. I spoke to a mutual friend about it (I don't usually like to involve others, but sometimes it needs to be done) and apparently she hadn't said anything about if she was talking to me or not. Anyway, I just said to my friend if there was anything she needed to talk about, she has my number. She gave a weird look and said "ok". Few weeks later we get talking a bit, things we used to talk about and we now seem to be getting along not as well as we once did, but better than how it was. So I am glad I didn't directly ask if I'd done anything wrong.

Friend 2: seemed to have vanished into thin air and stopped talking to me altogether. I asked him straight up if I'd done anything and he gave me a really rude response, which was unfair on me tbh, so, as I do, I gave a slightly rude response back. :rolleyes: That basically got nowhere and we seem to be on bad terms atm.

Friend 3: he started talking to me less and less and just talking to other people, almost all the time, and never me anymore. Basically, I got a bit annoyed so just started being a bit of a **** to him and blanking him in a way to see if he was actually talking to me or not, as I knew asking wouldn't work with him. That ended badly, however, after a cooling off period, we sorted it out, he still doesn't talk to me as much, but we are on better terms than we once were. :yep:

So yeah, obvs only the first one is female, but that might help, unless it was tl;dr.
                Thanks. :hugs:

That is helpful. I won't say anything.

ReputationRep:
                Thankjs, you too
                I hate the bllody thing (report) if I hear or see the word "perovskit" again I will scream
                Perovskit. :wink2:

Thanks. :hugs:

That is helpful. I won't say anything.
                Yeah, or make very subtle hints to get her to talk to you. :yep:

Perovskit. :wink2:
                  :nope:

ReputationRep:
                  :nope:

: E : E

:ahee:

ffffffuuuuuuuuu

I just coloured in my whole browser window with the gesture thing, but I held the mouse still for too long while I was looking for the print-screen key, and it all disappeared

I did print-screen a few seconds before though :king2:

I want to try this. Very much.

ReputationRep:
                      do you always stay up until stupid o'clock in the morning talking to yourself on an internet forum?

(Original post by xfactorfan)
                        do you always stay up until stupid o'clock in the morning talking to yourself on an internet forum?
                        sometimes

things have been weird the last couple o' weeks

ReputationRep:
                        Good night!

:rofl3:
                        :rofl2:

the meg jokes are always jokes loool

ReputationRep:
                        (Original post by yoyo462001)
                        Why, just why? :puppyeyes:
                        im sorry bro, i was kidding

luv u babezzz :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
                      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
                      Useful resources
                      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
                    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
                      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.