Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wikipedia is literally getting me through my medical education. God knows how people did it sans internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    Wikipedia is literally getting me through my medical education. God knows how people did it sans internet.
    I know exactly what you mean.

Hence the facebook group "wikipedia will teach me medicine" I think it's called :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    I know exactly what you mean.

Hence the facebook group "wikipedia will teach me medicine" I think it's called :p:
    Just joined!

There are just endless esoteric words I'd have to spend ages digging in a textbook to find the meaning of without it. How's the BSc going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Eegh. You need a pressure washer and a case of carbonic acid.
    I just poured hot water on a bowl that's been literally festering in one of their rooms (male, might I add, just for emphasis on how DISGUSTING YOU GUYS ARE :p: ). I thought the water was really hot when a cloud of what I thought was steam came out of it.

Turns out, the steam was actually spores from the mould. I evacuated the room.

ReputationRep:
    Still in my underwear at two in the afternoon.
    Same.
    Just with a few more clothes on top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    Same.
    Just with a few more clothes on top.
    Quiet you! I'm dressed now.

ReputationRep:
    sunshine is evil when there's work to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody.)
    Just joined!

There are just endless esoteric words I'd have to spend ages digging in a textbook to find the meaning of without it. How's the BSc going?
    Er well I'm workingwell today put it that way. The last month or so - let's not talk about it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Our hoodies say 'Medics: Powered by Wikipedia' on them. I know a few people (including my boyfriend :awesome:) who went off on a rant of 'ohhh, you medics think you're so special... You don't stop to think that all courses use Wiki'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I just poured hot water on a bowl that's been literally festering in one of their rooms (male, might I add, just for emphasis on how DISGUSTING YOU GUYS ARE :p: ). I thought the water was really hot when a cloud of what I thought was steam came out of it.

Turns out, the steam was actually spores from the mould. I evacuated the room.
    :rofl: I discovered what I presume is pseudomonas in massive quantities when I finally decided to look at my shower curtain with my glasses on. It was only after I started soaking it in boiling water and bleach that I realised that being in a non-ventilated space with it was probably hazardous... It's now in my flatmate's bathroom cos he's away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felt_monkey)
    Our hoodies say 'Medics: Powered by Wikipedia' on them. I know a few people (including my boyfriend :awesome:) who went off on a rant of 'ohhh, you medics think you're so special... You don't stop to think that all courses use Wiki'...
    I got the "too fit to practice one"...

The chaperone one is just odd. And slightly sleazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    :rofl: I discovered what I presume is pseudomonas in massive quantities when I finally decided to look at my shower curtain with my glasses on. It was only after I started soaking it in boiling water and bleach that I realised that being in a non-ventilated space with it was probably hazardous... It's now in my flatmate's bathroom cos he's away
    I plan on not culturing nasty things in my house. :smug:

ReputationRep:
    So where are you planning to live, if not in your house?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with that :p: especially with a group of busy insomniac students :p:

There's always something nasty growing somewhere. My ex-boyfriend has mice in his house, and he's the most anal hygeinic person I know.

It's funny though, on his lab project for his iBSc, all his mice have died. Including the controls, yet he can't get rid of the mice from his house. I don't think he was particularly pleased when he called me to rant about the lab project failings and my advice was just to use the infestation in his home. I'm not a very sympathetic person, clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Awesome my flatmate's mum came and cleaned our bathroom for us once. :p: I think before that we definitely had some nasty stuff growing.

ReputationRep:
    My house isn't student accommodation, so hopefully there will be less rodents. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    We now have a cleaner. Money well spent! Even though I think my cleaning skillz are better...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    We now have a cleaner. Money well spent! Even though I think my cleaning skillz are better...
    :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    :eyeball:
    You haven't heard that figure of speech or don't have money to spend?
    It means - I think that our cleaner is worth the money they cost... even though I think I probably clean more thoroughly the trade-off of not spending my spare time doing it from scratch is worth it. Luxury!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I got the "too fit to practice one"...
    Ha that's awesome!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.