Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Verm to play in the DM position he has all the attributes except for technical quality
    The technical quality is a massive part tbh. I don't think he's good enough on the ball or has enough vision. His positioning is also lacking and this is one of the biggest parts of the DM role. Great CB though

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Verm to play in the DM position he has all the attributes except for technical quality
    Hence not good enough for the position. We can't fiddle about - we need someone who's gonna come in and have the Vieira/Gilberto impact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    Yes!! haha, the funniest part for me was Chipmunk (he's a gooner btw) talking about spurs losing 5-3 to united after being 3-0 up:

"I don't think tottenham are a team that's meant to be victorious" couldn't stop laughing the way he said it, could tell he was holding back some abuse lool
    Haha yeahh. Did you see Paolo Di Canio? I didn't know that he used to be a stroppy cow when he played. Such a hypocrite :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Haha yeahh. Did you see Paolo Di Canio? I didn't know that he used to be a stroppy cow when he played. Such a hypocrite :lol:

Still a legend for making winterburn look like a right tea pot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Yeah I'm from Essex so I know all about Di Canio aha

ReputationRep:
    Sahin would have done well for us if we'd sign him but, glad that we pulled the plug on it. Loaning a player with no future option but is a no no in my books no matter how great the player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Sahin would have done well for us if we'd sign him but, glad that we pulled the plug on it. Loaning a player with no future option but is a no no in my books no matter how great the player.
    not even ronaldo for one season?

we'd probably win the league

ReputationRep:

i want what hes on

ReputationRep:
    Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 16m
    It's a day of pouring news. A huge update on Arsenal. Waiting for confirmation. Stay tuned

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 33m
    And the confirmation has arrived

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 31m
    It's no more just a contact,or interest.Since yesterday an Arsenal bid is on Fiorentina's table:30m € for Jovetic,exactly the price tag (1)

Petrit Musliu ‏@PetritMusliu 1h
    According to TMW, Arsenal are serious about Jovetic, offered €28m for the player. Before anything concludes Fiorentina will speak with Juve.

Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 1h
    Italian Reports: Jovetic officials in London to discuss club record transfer to Arsenal #AFC

Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 31m
    Arsenal's bid for Jovetic is £25m according to several sources. That would trigger his buy-out clause if i'm not mistaken. #afc

Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 24m
    La Stampa say that Arsenal's wage offer to Jovetic is £70k per week (£3.4m annually) #AFC

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Jovetic on 70k per week. Bite their ****ing hands off for that.

Get rid of Podi now please.

(Original post by J.Star)
    Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 16m
    It's a day of pouring news. A huge update on Arsenal. Waiting for confirmation. Stay tuned

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 33m
    And the confirmation has arrived

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 31m
    It's no more just a contact,or interest.Since yesterday an Arsenal bid is on Fiorentina's table:30m € for Jovetic,exactly the price tag (1)

Petrit Musliu ‏@PetritMusliu 1h
    According to TMW, Arsenal are serious about Jovetic, offered €28m for the player. Before anything concludes Fiorentina will speak with Juve.

Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 1h
    Italian Reports: Jovetic officials in London to discuss club record transfer to Arsenal #AFC

Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 31m
    Arsenal's bid for Jovetic is £25m according to several sources. That would trigger his buy-out clause if i'm not mistaken. #afc

Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 24m
    La Stampa say that Arsenal's wage offer to Jovetic is £70k per week (£3.4m annually) #AFC

:holmes:
    :holmes: indeed. :beard: Any of these reliable? Would be an incredible signing to snap up early, given all the reported interest in him. This Guardian article suggested our main striker target was Higuain (though I'm not convinced they have a great deal to go on) and that we were 'also considering' Jovetic. This news would suggest otherwise - unless Wenger wants them both. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    :holmes: indeed. :beard: Any of these reliable? Would be an incredible signing to snap up early, given all the reported interest in him. This Guardian article suggested our main striker target was Higuain (though I'm not convinced they have a great deal to go on) and that we were 'also considering' Jovetic. This news would suggest otherwise - unless Wenger wants them both. :holmes:
    I keep saying we need two new strikers. Especially if one of them is Jovetic who isn't an out and out frontman.

But I still think aaaaaalll the Higauin rumours are coming from that one unreliable spanish website tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    The first guy, Tancredi Palmeri, seems to be quite a reliable Italian journalist, I'm not too sure about the others though.

Yeah, it would be a great bit of business to get Jovetic added to the squad so early, and although I do think the transfer fee's being touted are a tad high, I'm not going to complain.

**** me, Jovetic + Higuain would be brilliant. But this year I'm not believing anything until it's on Arsenal.com because I've been hurt to many times over the last few summers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    The first guy, Tancredi Palmeri, seems to be quite a reliable Italian journalist, I'm not too sure about the others though.

Yeah, it would be a great bit of business to get Jovetic added to the squad so early, and although I do think the transfer fee's being touted are a tad high, I'm not going to complain.

**** me, Jovetic + Higuain would be brilliant. But this year I'm not believing anything until it's on Arsenal.com because I've been hurt to many times over the last few summers
    I don't think he is reliable supposedly be said sneijder to Tottenham was a done de in January and puyol to Milan shortly after puyol signed a 3 year extension at barca. He also started up about how Wenger turned down stekenburg because he didn't wanna have competition for szczesny even tho weeks later szczesny got dropped and stekelenburg is a terrible goalkeeper

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you actually seen Jovetic play? He has 14 goals this season so I'm not entirely convinced. We need a lethal finisher, someone who will guarantee 20+ goals a season. So in that regard I would take Higuain over him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    I don't think he is reliable supposedly be said sneijder to Tottenham was a done de in January and puyol to Milan shortly after puyol signed a 3 year extension at barca. He also started up about how Wenger turned down stekenburg because he didn't wanna have competition for szczesny even tho weeks later szczesny got dropped and stekelenburg is a terrible goalkeeper
    Oh :rolleyes: I didn't know about any of this tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Have any of you actually seen Jovetic play? He has 14 goals this season so I'm not entirely convinced. We need a lethal finisher, someone who will guarantee 20+ goals a season. So in that regard I would take Higuain over him.
    If you've ever watch Jovetic play you would realise your talking rubbish. He's not a Number 9. He's not meant to score 20+ a season. He's very similar to Bergkamp in the number 10 role because he's a creative spark in the final third, bringing people into people into play and provides defence splitting passes (what Arsenal have been lacking this season). He's a great finisher btw. He is more important than a Higuain because Giroud and Podolski are excellent finishers, the striker need the right service.

ReputationRep:
    If you've ever watch Jovetic play you would realise your talking rubbish. He's not a Number 9. He's not meant to score 20+ a season. He's very similar to Bergkamp in the number 10 role because he's a creative spark in the final third, bringing people into people into play and provides defence splitting passes (what Arsenal have been lacking this season). He's a great finisher btw. He is more important than a Higuain because Giroud and Podolski are excellent finishers, the striker need the right service.

So who will he replace, Cazorla? I would rather we got a direct replacement for Giroud than buying some guy who will provide him with service which he will duely screw up.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the fence about Jovetic and would prefer Higuain. I've not followed Real or Fiorentina but I've watched a few videos on both players and Higuain looks much more dangerous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoMathsPlease)
    So who will he replace, Cazorla? I would rather we got a direct replacement for Giroud than buying some guy who will provide him with service which he will duely screw up.
    We wont be playing 4-2-3-1 all the time next season more 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1. If there ever was an indication were going to be using different formations is that were signing Jovetic

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.