Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    GK you've got loads of options. Adrian, Mannone, Begovic, Schmeichel are all decent enough picks. Or you could do what i've done and double up with Forster/Bertrand to take advantage of Southampton's good fixtures.

If I were you i'd change the keeper and leave the defence as it is.
    Good idea. I will seriously comsider putting Forster in for the next 5 ot 6 matches. After that though, I will have to reacces as Southamton's fixtures get very difficult. Thanks for the advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In other news, it looks like Welbeck could be injured. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    In other news, it looks like Welbeck could be injured. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Source?
    If he's injured I have no problem; just a straight swap to Sturridge using the money I have in the bank.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ Welbeck being flagged. Are they even going to be able to field a team this weekend?

They'll probably have to play a back four of Bellerin Mertesacker Monreal Gibbs :lol: Hull have a chance here.

(Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    Stoke had a good repuatation under Pulis but that is invalid now. Bego is a top keeper but that is largely irrelevant if the defence in front of him is poor and it is. I dont think he has scored a lot of points this season. Will check his fixtures out though and give it some thought. Thanks for the tip

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's scored the same amount as Courtois.

ReputationRep:
    Worth swapping Sterling for Lallana?

Away against QPR, their current form is poor...could be a goal fest with sturridge returning.

:beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hash007)
    Worth swapping Sterling for Lallana?

Away against QPR, their current form is poor...could be a goal fest with sturridge returning.

:beard:
    Would be a risk.

Lallana isn't a guaranteed starter in general (although I expect him to play against QPR)
    Sterling may well be tested although I expect him to feature.

Sturridge is likely to not play a full 90 minutes due to him returning from injury, however I still expect him to bag a goal or two

Overall, I wouldn't transfer permanently although this week could work out well for you

ReputationRep:
    been nice to have a break from this after my entierly self-inflicted nightmare of last week..

Still, its not to bad.. 11th overal, and 4th in my H2H league..

Its not what it was before last week, but its a recoverable position.

This weeks free transfer is being used to take out Dier, and put in a chelsea defender..

Captain costa, as no one else stands out..

Chadli is my benched midfielder, as spurs play city, and I honeslty dont expect them to take anything from this match..

Feeling good about this week.. most players have decent games - though this year there seems to be to many teams with to many players that could score highly.. I mean, if liverpool kick off, and people have sturridge, then thats going to hit hard.. or if city get going with aguaro.. or if united with rooney etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Lol @ Welbeck being flagged. Are they even going to be able to field a team this weekend?

They'll probably have to play a back four of Bellerin Mertesacker Monreal Gibbs :lol: Hull have a chance here.

He's scored the same amount as Courtois.
    That is just because Chelsea havent been up to scratch at the back. You cant quantify Begovic's success on the failing of another. Heatonhas outscored the both so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea will tighten the hatches, in fact they're doing so already. 3 clean sheets in a row and 4 in 9 games so far this season. Not too bad defensively.

Put in cost effective Chelsea CB.

ReputationRep:
    made such a risky move

begovic
    taylor, duff, ivanovic
    ADM, sterling, siggy, fabregas
    sturridge, costa, welbeck

jedinak, hutton, wisdom (myhill sub GK)

that front 7 is :coma:
    but that defence is:facepalm2:
    my thought process is that midfielders/attackers over the course of the season get wayyy more points than defenders which is why the most expensive striker is more than 2x the price of the most expensive goalkeeper.

it's a very risky team in the sense that a GW with loads of low scoring draws could destroy me
    i need decent scoring games in general but what's the fun if you play it safe for the entire year?

sturridge and welbeck are both "75%" so i'm bricking it that they'll both only get 10 minutes at the end or something...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Chelsea will tighten the hatches, in fact they're doing so already. 3 clean sheets in a row and 4 in 9 games so far this season. Not too bad defensively.

Put in cost effective Chelsea CB.
    You reckon Luis will ever break into the starting team? He's dropped in value so much that everyone will bring him in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You reckon Luis will ever break into the starting team? He's dropped in value so much that everyone will bring him in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I give it until late november.

But I think there will be rotation. As Filipe only plays one position, while Ivanovic and Azpilicueta play two, they are more likely to get games, even if Luis broke into the starting 11.

ReputationRep:
    I think my transfer this week is PvA to Baines. It's tempting to take a punt on another biggie like Mert or Kompany or Zabaleta but it's hard to know which way their defences will go. No one seems to have been seriously injured. Krul and Welbeck with yellow flags so I'll just have to hope they do end up playing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    I think my transfer this week is PvA to Baines. It's tempting to take a punt on another biggie like Mert or Kompany or Zabaleta but it's hard to know which way their defences will go. No one seems to have been seriously injured. Krul and Welbeck with yellow flags so I'll just have to hope they do end up playing.
    Thinking of getting Baines too and captaining him :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Costa "injured" Telegraph saying he could be out for 3 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    If that's true, I am totally screwed.
    Welbeck and Sturridge are both "75%"...

I won't believe anything unless it's confirmed by the club though; you know what it's been like so far with Costa and injuries.

ReputationRep:
    On course for a hat trick this weekend then
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Another Costa injury report in the press just before Chelsea have a big game? How convenient! I bet Mourinho's putting out an excuse to drop him tomorrow so he can be 100% fit for United next week. They should be able to beat Palace with Remy up front.

Gonna gamble with Aguero as captain. I think this will be a low scoring week for many people.

ReputationRep:
    Going to save my transfer this week for next so that I can do Ivanovic> Azpil. and Ulloa > Aguero for free.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge could be out for another month.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.