The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MayR2015
Hey, I attended the FASC on the 27th and have just found out that I am successful for HR. V happy :smile: - Don't know what my mark is yet though

Congratulations! I'm successful for HR too, that makes 5 of us on this thread I think!
Original post by LaurenGN
I'm from the 30th and mine still says 'Awaiting Event', perhaps they are in the process of putting the results in. Did you get a message notification when yours changed or did you just keep refreshing? :smile:

I just kept crazily refreshing mine and then 'Awaiting results' happened :eek:
Original post by pippit
Isn't this Easter weekend awkwardly frustrating? (As in, pre-longing the waiting time) :eek:

Indeed! Although some people say theirs are changing to 'Awaiting Results' now, mine still hasn't though :smile:
Original post by pippit
I just kept crazily refreshing mine and then 'Awaiting results' happened :eek:

Ah they must be going in now then! :/ :/

Wouldn't it be awkward if they could see how many times we have been refreshing? :biggrin:

Wouldn't it be awkward if they could see how many times we have been refreshing? :biggrin:

Yeah I didn't get an email, I just kept refreshing. I think you only get an email at this stage once it changed to successful or un :-)

I think I would have hit the thousands already.. possibly.. (I mean, totalling all refreshes from each and every stage of the process) :tongue:
Did anyone else here apply for the UKCES Graduate Internship? I still haven't heard anything back after HR received my application...
So my page has finally updated this morning to 'Awaiting Results'. I was wondering if anyone from 31.03 has been successful/unsuccessful yet?

If not I think that we are probably not Amber-banded (much as I'd like to think that I am) but that instead they have updated the progress so that we can start processing our expenses and that we might hear back on Tuesday if we are successful/unsuccessful.

:smile:
I was at FSAC on the 30/03, was just told I passed it today for DaT (completely unexpected, I was convinced I had bombed it).
Does anyone know when the actual scores and feedback come out? I have no idea how I could have passed compared to my initial outlook when I left the day
I attended FSAC for DaT two weeks ago and haven't heard so I'm amber banded and probably at the lower end as a sift has already taken place. When is the last sift?
Original post by jamal_azizi
I attended FSAC for DaT two weeks ago and haven't heard so I'm amber banded and probably at the lower end as a sift has already taken place. When is the last sift?

I think it's on the 13th, they're closed for easter after today until the tuesday
Reply 2771
Original post by jamal_azizi

The 13th. This is the final sift so you will hear then. The fact you're amber banded now doesn't mean you're at the lower end - the amber band is narrowed at each sift, not just lowered, so people are rejected as well as accepted every time. Hope that makes sense. Good luck!
To confirm what has been posted before, if you are a DaT candidate who has not applied and passed FSAC for Generalist/HoP/DS or, I think EFS, you are not going to be given a fast stream place unless you pass FSB. That said, I believe the odds are good once you get that far.

I got my FSAC report in plenty of time to prepare for my FSB. I got my FSB report about a year later...
Original post by sempitern
If you haven't applied for GFS and attended FSAC for DAT only then you must pass the DAT FSB to be sure of a job.
DAT has historically had a (slightly) lower FSAC passmark than GFS. They can afford to allow this as they get another chance to look at the candidates at FSB. Therefore you could in theory get people attending DAT FSB who ranged in FSAC scores from approx 15.3 to 18.
Therefore it is possible in theory to fail the DAT FSB and have a higher FSAC score than the lowest successful GFS FSAC score (usually lower 16 range).
However if you didn't apply for GFS or if you did not attend FSAC for GFS (because perhaps you failed GFS at eTray or online tests) then you won't land a GFS job if you fail DAT FSB.

On a more positive note - you've done well to get so far and your odds at the FSB are great - best of luck!

Hi Sempitern,

Just out of curiosity, where are you finding this information on specific score ranges? Are the top marks for each scheme at FSAC made public or are you calculating this some other way? Based on this, I would take it then that scores over 18 at FSAC are few and far between?

Cheers!
Original post by Skarm
I was at FSAC on the 30/03, was just told I passed it today for DaT (completely unexpected, I was convinced I had bombed it).
Does anyone know when the actual scores and feedback come out? I have no idea how I could have passed compared to my initial outlook when I left the day

I passed FSAC for DaT at the start of March, and just got my FSAC report today. I saw another user who had their FSAC the day before me got their report on Monday so seems as if they're working their way through publication slowly but surely...based on that you may not get yours until closer to the 13th (at an estimation). What date is your FSB? Great news though that you're through!
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm still waiting for my FSAC report, more than a month after passing. I understand that it takes time but it's quite frustrating when you see people who passed later than you getting their scores!
Original post by grownupfrog
I'm still waiting for my FSAC report, more than a month after passing. I understand that it takes time but it's quite frustrating when you see people who passed later than you getting their scores!

Do you have to attend a FSB for your stream? I ask, because maybe the priority is to return feedback reports to those who will sit the FSB's imminently so as to ensure they have feedback beforehand? If you do have a FSB, then perhaps your date is later than others and they're applying the same rationale? Fingers crossed you get it sooner than later in any case!
Original post by Shera123
I passed FSAC for DaT at the start of March, and just got my FSAC report today. I saw another user who had their FSAC the day before me got their report on Monday so seems as if they're working their way through publication slowly but surely...based on that you may not get yours until closer to the 13th (at an estimation). What date is your FSB? Great news though that you're through!

6th of May, pretty close to my exams so a bit annoying, but at least I should have got FSAC scores back to prepare for FSB. Do you know what the rough pass rate is once you get to FSB?
Original post by Skarm
6th of May, pretty close to my exams so a bit annoying, but at least I should have got FSAC scores back to prepare for FSB. Do you know what the rough pass rate is once you get to FSB?

No idea as the last actual figures you can see (for 2012) for the different sift stages of the predecessor stream (TiB) didn't have a FSB. Since then, the FastStream people don't seem to have published hard numbers for each stage so its really a guess as far as I can tell. Anyone know anything else?
Original post by GManTheGMan
To confirm what has been posted before, if you are a DaT candidate who has not applied and passed FSAC for Generalist/HoP/DS or, I think EFS, you are not going to be given a fast stream place unless you pass FSB. That said, I believe the odds are good once you get that far.

I got my FSAC report in plenty of time to prepare for my FSB. I got my FSB report about a year later...

What are the (rough) odds for passing once u get to FSB for DaT?

I know it's not good to be saying this already, but how long will a DaT fast streamer have to work in DaT? After a while I think I would want to explore other areas of the civil service

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending