Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I am very worried, I predict a degree in Biomedical Science 2.1, but my Alevel are low, I ukcat 580 ... I would like to apply for the course of five years, where I can apply? I thought Warwick, Durham, Dundee, Glasgow?? Help me please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharma21)
    Yikes, that's terrible. I'm in an almost-similar situation in that my boss still hasn't done my reference, but pretty sure she will although it will not doubt happen on Thursday afternoon when I'll be having multiple panic attacks.

You may have already done this (and this is assuming you can't find anyone else to be referee), but is it worth politely explaining the situation, i.e. that there is a hard deadline for you of 6pm on 15 October and her reference needs to be in before then or else you cannot submit? I think if she has already agreed to give you a reference, the least she can do is follow through and write something basic, which won't take very long. Give her a PDF of the guidance for referees (from UCAS website) and maybe pull together some extra points for her to include for GEM courses. That is, try to make it as easy as possible for her, so she knows what she needs to cover!

I would also suggest speaking to her face to face or by telephone, she would have to be a pretty mean-spirited person to say to your face that she can't find 30 minutes to write you a brief reference this week.

Good luck!

My referee is currently in Sweden otherwise believe me I would have been at her door. Can I use an employment referee? Already spoke to my manager and she's happy to do it, does it make a difference to the application, been two years since I left uni anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Work reference is definitely fine, especially if you are two years out of uni! I am doing a manager reference, as uni was quite a few years ago and would be pointless/impossible to obtain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medyapp)
    Hey guys,
    I am very worried, I predict a degree in Biomedical Science 2.1, but my Alevel are low, I ukcat 580 ... I would like to apply for the course of five years, where I can apply? I thought Warwick, Durham, Dundee, Glasgow?? Help me please
    Wawrick don't do a five year course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Wawrick don't do a five year course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry and What do you think about the other 5 years and Warrick 4 years?

ReputationRep:
    Hi can someone pls tell me asap for ucas if we are grad do we enter individual module grades for alevels?thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medyapp)
    Sorry and What do you think about the other 5 years and Warrick 4 years?
    Did you say your ukcat was 587??

I'm sorry, I don't want to be too blunt, but that ukcat wouldn't stand a chance for graduate entry. They are looking for 700+ averaged. You best shot is with five year scores that don't focus heavily on ukcat.

What are you're other academics like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous7654321)
    Hi can someone pls tell me asap for ucas if we are grad do we enter individual module grades for alevels?thanks
    I didn't last year or this year. I put module marks for uni though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't last year or this year. I put module marks for uni though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks for your reply all your modules from 1st year to final year at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kantayya)
    Work reference is definitely fine, especially if you are two years out of uni! I am doing a manager reference, as uni was quite a few years ago and would be pointless/impossible to obtain.
    (Original post by B1525)
    I'm using a work reference, don't think it really matters for GEM

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you both, that's a lot of stress relieved.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you say your ukcat was 587??

I'm sorry, I don't want to be too blunt, but that ukcat wouldn't stand a chance for graduate entry. They are looking for 700+ averaged. You best shot is with five year scores that don't focus heavily on ukcat.

What are you're other academics like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm Italian and my Diploma di Stato is very low, I'm not Alevel and in this moment I study Biomedical science and my prediction is 2.1.....
    I have some possibilities?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Sorry for posting this again I'm just not sure where else to find the answer. Do I need to put my degree classification (i.e 2:1) down in my personal statement are can the uni's find it somewhere else?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knight93)
    Hi

Sorry for posting this again I'm just not sure where else to find the answer. Do I need to put my degree classification (i.e 2:1) down in my personal statement are can the uni's find it somewhere else?

Thanks
    It needs to be in your education section of UCAS

ReputationRep:
    Sent it off!

Do you have to wait for a confirmation email from them confirming your personal ID before putting in on Pearson VUE? Cos mine changed last year?

So scary sending it off you always feel like you've done something wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got a MChem degree but there is no option for this on UCAS, does anyone know how to put this on? Don't want to just put BSc, I worked bloody hard for an extra year for that title!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanaGEM)
    It needs to be in your education section of UCAS
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Also how do you add awarding body for your degree? Is this just the University?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, am I supposed to put a predicted degree classification somewhere in the education part of the UCAS application or is having my tutor mention it in my reference enough? From the drop down selection I have put pending and can't seem to find a place where I would state a predicted grade, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    As an individual applicant does my reference need to submit the reference before the 15th when my application deadline is?
    It is getting close and reference not done...getting very nervous now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickname_esco)
    As an individual applicant does my reference need to submit the reference before the 15th when my application deadline is?
    Yes it does, you can't send your application without it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickname_esco)
    Yes. You won't be able to send it without the reference section completed!! Maybe ask your referee (nicely) how it's going??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.