Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danni_Rutherford)
    Has any heard from Edinburgh Napier?
    yeah! I had my interview on the 3rd for children's nursing and got an unconditional on the 5th😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leannesylvester)
    Congratulations! Me too for Mental Health Nursing, will it be your Firm?
    Yayyyyy hopefully see you there in Sept!! :-)

ReputationRep:
    Well annoyed, someone in my interview (out of the 5 mini interviews) asked me what other universities I've applied to? I'm sure UCAS has said many times they're not allowed to do that? I laughed it off and said 'can't remember on the top of my head'... what was I supposed to do. (

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaitlinN15)
    Well annoyed, someone in my interview (out of the 5 mini interviews) asked me what other universities I've applied to? I'm sure UCAS has said many times they're not allowed to do that? I laughed it off and said 'can't remember on the top of my head'... what was I supposed to do. (

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are they allowed to really do that. What was the point of that question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megastar123)
    Are they allowed to really do that. What was the point of that question.
    No they're not and I have no idea. .it was at the end of one of my mini interviews and he was there making notes..he kept asking and asking... not necessary. I didn't want to tell anyway because it could make me lose my places if you know what I mean..not fair at all. He said 'it's important'..but I know it's not allowed ... so...Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No they're not and I have no idea. .it was at the end of one of my mini interviews and he was there making notes..he kept asking and asking... not necessary. I didn't want to tell anyway because it could make me lose my places if you know what I mean..not fair at all. He said 'it's important'..but I know it's not allowed ... so...Idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wait and see if you hear back from them then call and ask why u were asked that question
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's definitely not allowed so take it up with Ucas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cazcar19)
    They took 12 days to get back to me but it felt like years haha. King's APEL was ok, took longer than the 2-3hrs they said it would take but I also have an essay based one to do for another uni which im kind of hating on
    Haha, I definitely know the feeling, they took exactly a week to get back to me about the tests but it felt like two lifetimes! Lol, they sound like so much fun(!) But hey, it's part of the process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megastar123)
    Wait and see if you hear back from them then call and ask why u were asked that question
    That's what I'm thinking, not only that they've had major problems with me today because of other personal issues so tbh, I don't really care if I don't get a place, if they're being so arrogant with me now, I have no idea how they'll be like in September. They said I'm not entitled to any of my academic support/ exam concessions....or any of disability support for my health issues... so annoying.. I wanted to go there at first but now I'm really doubting it. They complained at first when I couldn't attend my original interview date to such short notice and how far I've got to travel to get there. . They full on shouted at me... tbh I've given up with that uni..

(Original post by claireestelle)
    It's definitely not allowed so take it up with Ucas.
    Thought so, I'll have to see what happens first because I don't want to report them and then it affect everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That's what I'm thinking, not only that they've had major problems with me today because of other personal issues so tbh, I don't really care if I don't get a place, if they're being so arrogant with me now, I have no idea how they'll be like in September. They said I'm not entitled to any of my academic support/ exam concessions....or any of disability support for my health issues... so annoying.. I wanted to go there at first but now I'm really doubting it. They complained at first when I couldn't attend my original interview date to such short notice and how far I've got to travel to get there. . They full on shouted at me... tbh I've given up with that uni..

Thought so, I'll have to see what happens first because I don't want to report them and then it affect everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It shouldn't do as they should never have asked in the 1st place they should know that they are in the wrong.
    From what you ve posted above I don't think you should consider going there anyway if they themselves say they won't support you, besides it d be down to NHS/ a needs assessment whether you re entitled to anything, not the university and they should know that. Also if they shouted at an applicant that screams a lack of compassion or professionalism. I d say taking it to UCAS means that future applicants might not be subjected to a question they never should have asked in the 1st place.

ReputationRep:
    It shouldn't do as they should never have asked in the 1st place they should know that they are in the wrong.
    From what you ve posted above I don't think you should consider going there anyway if they themselves say they won't support you, besides it d be down to NHS/ a needs assessment whether you re entitled to anything, not the university and they should know that. Also if they shouted at an applicant that screams a lack of compassion or professionalism. I d say taking it to UCAS means that future applicants might not be subjected to a question they never should have asked in the 1st place.
    That's true, they've really knocked my confidence down if I'm honest. .if they're not willing to support me, then will anyone else? Idk.. I really don't want to go there anymore so I'm guessing going to UCAS is the better bet. It wasn't fair at all, he kept nagging and making notes and he said 'why won't you tell me'...it's ridiculous, my parents aren't happy. .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That's true, they've really knocked my confidence down if I'm honest. .if they're not willing to support me, then will anyone else? Idk.. I really don't want to go there anymore so I'm guessing going to UCAS is the better bet. It wasn't fair at all, he kept nagging and making notes and he said 'why won't you tell me'...it's ridiculous, my parents aren't happy. .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't let them get to you,the interviewer sounds unprofessional anyway so it's not your fault. Well I don't know what your health condition is but I can bet other universities would be much more supportive than the rubbish they said to you. I can understand why your parents aren't happy.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let them get to you,the interviewer sounds unprofessional anyway so it's not your fault. Well I don't know what your health condition is but I can bet other universities would be much more supportive than the rubbish they said to you. I can understand why your parents aren't happy.
    I'll try not too, I had 5 different interviews because I had 5 mini interviews that lasted 7 minutes each and hopefully I will get some support, it's not even like it's a serious problem either so I didnt understand why they were like that. And thanks. ..I'm heartbroken tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'll try not too, I had 5 different interviews because I had 5 mini interviews that lasted 7 minutes each and hopefully I will get some support, it's not even like it's a serious problem either so I didnt understand why they were like that. And thanks. ..I'm heartbroken tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have a read of this, it explains why your interviewer was wrong and how to approach this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...r-UCAS-choices.
    I m sure you will get some support, I can appreciate why you might feel heartbroken but try and see this as a positive in that now you know that that university might not be the best fit for you.

ReputationRep:
    Have a read of this, it explains why your interviewer was wrong and how to approach this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...r-UCAS-choices.
    I m sure you will get some support, I can appreciate why you might feel heartbroken but try and see this as a positive in that now you know that that university might not be the best fit for you.
    Thanks I'll have a look later, do you think it'd be best to wait until I get result of the interview or just to get it done with asap? And yeah I've decided I don't want to associate with that uni again ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an idea about what's widening participant candidate means!! According to kings this is what they said on my application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faysa)
    Has anyone got an idea about what's widening participant candidate means!! According to kings this is what they said on my application
    I have no idea!! I emailed them too and apparently, I'm also a "widening participant"... 😩😩I need them to just tell me already! It's been like over a month.. 😑

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elflorblack)
    I have no idea!! I emailed them too and apparently, I'm also a "widening participant"... 😩😩I need them to just tell me already! It's been like over a month.. 😑
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/widening-...tion/faqs.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Me too! However, Does it mean that we will get an offer from them.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Thanks I'll have a look later, do you think it'd be best to wait until I get result of the interview or just to get it done with asap? And yeah I've decided I don't want to associate with that uni again ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well if you definitely don't want to go there, there's no harm doing it asap

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.