Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Sorry to hear that but congrats on your offer for Kings. I'm sure you're not that disappointed. My son got another email to say he was still being considered and could take another 2 weeks. Applied on 21 October for LSE. Are you firming Kings.
    thank you! upset was offset by king's offer later in the day today, think i'm firming ucl and QM as insurance. good luck to your son!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what they put emphasis on in terms of application (ie. LNAT like KCL/LNAT essay like UCL/ PS like LSE etc)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchriding)
    Rejection from LSE and offer from king's for PPL today
    I've had an offer for PLL too :-)

Just have to choose between that and Durham now...

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from King's and UCL, offer from QMUL and Edinburgh. Still waiting for LSE. Scored 22 on my LNAT, so I'm assuming that's the reasoning behind the two first rejections. Have no idea about LSE though...

ReputationRep:
    An important discussion on the whole question of career chances by each Uni here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3899945

Please read it all - and do your own careful thinking about what is being said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sop10)
    wow, me too! have you got offers from your other two choices?
    Yup! Warwick and Birmingham, which makes me quite worried about Durham because they're less competitive... How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDKY)
    Rejection from King's and UCL, offer from QMUL and Edinburgh. Still waiting for LSE. Scored 22 on my LNAT, so I'm assuming that's the reasoning behind the two first rejections. Have no idea about LSE though...
    Same situation as you - both Kings and UCL rejected me due to my meager LNAT score. Now we know how heavy of an emphasis these unis place on LNATs.
    I'm still waiting for LSE as well, and just got the 4 week email :-/ you ?

ReputationRep:
    Hello all I got an offer from kings last night, despite only scoring 24 in the lnat, so hopefully this shows that a high score is not necessarily needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GigiRaffaeli)
    I've had an offer for PLL too :-)

Just have to choose between that and Durham now...
    A huge congrats on your PPL offer!!
    May I ask what is your LNAT score and predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atptcs)
    A huge congrats on your PPL offer!!
    May I ask what is your LNAT score and predicted grades?
    Thanks! I got 26 in the LNAT, but since I'm EU, I don't know what my 95% conditional offer equals to I'm afraid...
    I'm predicted 100% if that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianCanuck)
    Be happy you made it through this round, my average was 93 and I had a 26 on my LNAT and my marks were deemed not competitive enough
    What's your average?
    Err - only a 91. I can't believe you didn't get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miyazakischihiro)
    Same situation as you - both Kings and UCL rejected me due to my meager LNAT score. Now we know how heavy of an emphasis these unis place on LNATs.
    I'm still waiting for LSE as well, and just got the 4 week email :-/ you ?
    LSE was my first choice anyways, but its competitiveness puts me ill at ease. Actually, I never got the four week email. The eight weeks were up in the beginning of last week, and I still haven't heard back from them. Perhaps I'll get an update on Monday as that is when they usually send out emails? Whatever the case may be, good luck to both of us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tosinmurana)
    Offers from LSE, York, Warwick and Kent. Made LSE my firm and York as insurance!
    Who else applied to LSE?
    Offer from LSE as well
    Also from Queen Mary and KCL despite my 24 in LNAT

Rejected from UCL and Cambridge though, but LSE is firm and Queen Mary is insurance

ReputationRep:
    So I have offers from KCL (A*AA) and Nottingham (AAA), and I really don't know which one to choose. Exeter is going to be my insurance choice because it's AAB, please can someone give me their opinion on the pros/cons of each uni?

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone that recently got an offer from KCL please tell me when they applied?? I applied in November and am beginning to worry it's going to be a rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ds1998)
    Could anyone that recently got an offer from KCL please tell me when they applied?? I applied in November and am beginning to worry it's going to be a rejection
    I applied on 19th October and only got my offer last night, don't worry there's still plenty of offers to be given out good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone still waiting for Nottingham?😩

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks97)
    Me! Applied 10th October and did the LNAT 12th November!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks97)
    Me. I am worried too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks97)
    Yes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.