Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    How many hours of revision do you do now?

- this question applies to anyone

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only 1-2 hours on weekdays, 2-5 hours on weekends (I did up to 8 in easter! :eek:)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So far 0. I'll probably start my revision for this week on Friday. - Aiming for 18hrs over the 3 days.

You?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3-4 hours a day excluding homework. An hour is doing a maths paper every day. But I don't want to over-revise either

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you revise ..i find it sooo hard to concentrate...my frustration is of peak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laksi)
    How do you revise ..i find it sooo hard to concentrate...my frustration is of peak
    Think of yourself opening your results to all U's in August. Then you'll think what if I could've changed that and worked harder. Now is your chance to decide your results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GamingandMaths)
    Think of yourself opening your results to all U's in August. Then you'll think what if I could've changed that and worked harder. Now is your chance to decide your results!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i have thought of that many times and my brain doesn't seem to process that information well, i always have been a last minute revision type, the pace i revise at last minute is unreal but i cant seem to get anywhere with revision currently.

ReputationRep:
    Went over some C4 especially differential equations after fairly lengthy de-stress period . However my last S1 mock result came in and i got 70 ^_^ . Need to crack on with some more economics though this week
    Spoiler:
    Show
    F585 &another S1 mock for me on friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laksi)
    i have thought of that many times and my brain doesn't seem to process that information well, i always have been a last minute revision type, the pace i revise at last minute is unreal but i cant seem to get anywhere with revision currently.
    Aye, I'm the same.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to revise maths between 13:30 and 14:30

ReputationRep:
    Ive got a massive Transition Metal test Tomoz morning. Gonna do some hot and sweaty revision til I can write no more.

ReputationRep:
    I had my Chemistry practical exam today and I entirely messed up. My table was an absolute absolute disaster, my titres were not concordant either and I was forced to make up a set of results.- something which I didn't want to have to do. It's extremely irritating as well as disappointing considering I usually complete them without any issues at all during class practices. Perhaps bc it was an unusual + unfamiliar type of titration, it resulted in me becoming totally quillfonked. I left sixth form early as a result which meant that I missed Biology class and now have to spend the evening catching up. I also lost my labradorite ring today which was bought quite recently for me by my mum. Not only was it v pretty but it had a lot of sentimental value attached to it. I am v upset about it and I would v much like to retrace my steps in an attempt to find it but I don't know where to start. Despite the fact my Maths homework got an extended deadline, I don't believe I have any chance of completing it by tomorrow. Sorry for all the negativity, I also won't be participating in any revision tonight but good luck to those who are.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    I had my Chemistry practical exam today and I entirely messed up. My table was an absolute absolute disaster, my titres were not concordant either and I was forced to make up a set of results.- something which I didn't want to have to do. It's extremely irritating as well as disappointing considering I usually complete them without any issues at all during class practices. Perhaps bc it was an unusual + unfamiliar type of titration, it resulted in me becoming totally quillfonked. I left sixth form early as a result which meant that I missed Biology class and now have to spend the evening catching up. I also lost my labradorite ring today which was bought quite recently for me by my mum. Not only was it v pretty but it had a lot of sentimental value attached to it. I am v upset about it and I would v much like to retrace my steps in an attempt to find it but I don't know where to start. Despite the fact my Maths homework got an extended deadline, I don't believe I have any chance of completing it by tomorrow. Sorry for all the negativity, I also won't be participating in any revision tonight but good luck to those who are.
    :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yammy)
    Woo! Done 2 hours of chemistry multiple choice questions (with some procrastination), but at least its done
    Multiple questions in chem are eviiiil. Was this just a fat booklet with only multiple questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Oh god, I'm so sorry Anon. Not that me being sorry is going to be of any use whatsoever, but still. :hugs: - I'm sure that your practical is going to end up with better marks than you think it will, although maybe not as good as you'd hoped for or expected but still, it happens. Try visiting lost and found tomorrow or literally just search the entire place with a fine tooth comb, get a few friends to help you and add some manpower to the search. If you need any help with the maths homework at any literally anytime, please PM or tag or quote me or whatever and I'll drop everything and help, promise. :yep:

Hope you feel better! :hugs: <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nettled)
    Multiple questions in chem are eviiiil. Was this just a fat booklet with only multiple questions?
    Nah its part of a past paper from AH Chemistry :P But yes its still evil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yammy)
    Nah its part of a past paper from AH Chemistry :P But yes its still evil
    What's AH chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    What's AH chemistry?
    Advanced higher chemistry. Scottish equivalent of A levels chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yammy)
    Advanced higher chemistry. Scottish equivalent of A levels chemistry
    Ooh, I might try doing some of those as well. There's never enough multiple choice questions :P

Do you happen to still have the link to it?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, I might try doing some of those as well. There's never enough multiple choice questions :P

Do you happen to still have the link to it?
    Are you sure? We have a different syllabus so it might not be as useful. But here's a link anyway:
    http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/fin...istry&level=AH

ReputationRep:
    A-levels are killing me not ready for exams! Dying nothing is going into my head, any tips!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.