Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I fly home tomorrow.
    I'm terrified of them delaying my flight again because it's a night flight and seeing take off happen makes me at ease. If it's dark then I won't be able to see it well and it'll just make me more anxious for the rest of the flight :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I had my appt at the resource centre today to deal with my PIP mandatory reconsideration and it wasn't the usual woman I go to see, it was someone else and tbh, I couldn't take to her. She kept saying I'll be lucky if I get PIP and she doesn't think OCD is valid for PIP, which it is and she's 99% sure the MR is pointless and it'll just go straight to appeal and she wasn't very nice at all tbh. Glad my mum was with me.

I've got the docs on Thursday to try and get some medical evidence to send off with my MR letter. Dreading that appt, my docs hate writing letters at the best of times but are super funny about doing it for things like benefits :/

Just feel really deflated today :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bad mental health day, today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I had my appt at the resource centre today to deal with my PIP mandatory reconsideration and it wasn't the usual woman I go to see, it was someone else and tbh, I couldn't take to her. She kept saying I'll be lucky if I get PIP and she doesn't think OCD is valid for PIP, which it is and she's 99% sure the MR is pointless and it'll just go straight to appeal and she wasn't very nice at all tbh. Glad my mum was with me.

I've got the docs on Thursday to try and get some medical evidence to send off with my MR letter. Dreading that appt, my docs hate writing letters at the best of times but are super funny about doing it for things like benefits :/

Just feel really deflated today :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Urgh! What she's told you isn't true. You can only get PIP if you meet the criteria. I can't get PIP due my OCD because it's not frequent enough and doesn't meet the criteria. It has nothing to do with your diagnosis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Urgh! What she's told you isn't true. You can only get PIP if you meet the criteria. I can't get PIP due my OCD because it's not frequent enough and doesn't meet the criteria. It has nothing to do with your diagnosis.
    Exactly and I do meet the criteria but I don't think she knows much about the illness. As soon as I said OCD was the biggest mental problem on my diagnosis list and the first thing she said while writing it down was "oh right so you wash your hands a lot, now I see why you don't need help with bathing". I just kind of glared at her when she said that. Tbh, I rarely wash my hands. My OCD makes me do other stuff more than washing hands but yet, she's another person and thinks all we OCD sufferers ever do is wash our hands I wont be going back to her with help for my appeal. I just hope the usual woman I go to is back by then. Though tbh, I'm considering just giving up with PIP.

ReputationRep:
    I gotta say, I've been so bad recently for taking medication. I've hardly been on it at all in weeks because I'm all over the place and I just can't remember to take it. I think I'm gonna go and pick up another prescription this week and give it another go for another couple of months, and if I'm struggling go back to the doctors. I had my PIP assessment for everything the other day as well and I'm really nervous because the guy gave me no room to explain anything. I think I'll end up having to appeal. I should've got it a year ago when I last applied, but they missed out something I wrote and said which lost me a point and put me one point below being awarded it. I meant to appeal, but missed the deadline. Wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    Last week I felt so down I was googling why am I so fat ugly and dumb and felt like I could relate to the posts.
    TW ED
    I lost 4kg which is good but if I wasn't on this weight loss medicine that the doctor prescribed I would still be 4kg heavier.
    I had an argument with my mum and she's really pissing me off I can't even be angry without her saying 'are you taking your medicine' she is not helping the situation and my pychiatrist didn't make an appointment with me so I don't know if I'm getting a new doctor or I'll be stuck with my old doctor. I googled her name in the search engine and found out that someone else under her care committed suicide and what that patient went though is how I feel. I feel a bit uncomfortable now I know this information whether I should still see her.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. 😊

(Original post by chelseadagg3r;[url="tel:67418580")
    67418580[/url]]I gotta say, I've been so bad recently for taking medication. I've hardly been on it at all in weeks because I'm all over the place and I just can't remember to take it. I think I'm gonna go and pick up another prescription this week and give it another go for another couple of months, and if I'm struggling go back to the doctors. I had my PIP assessment for everything the other day as well and I'm really nervous becauise the guy gave me no room to explain anything. I think I'll end up having to appeal. I should've got it a year ago when I last applied, but they missed out something I wrote and said which lost me a point and put me one point below being awarded it. I meant to appeal, but missed the deadline. Wish me luck!
    Good luck and I had problems with PIP too earlier this year since it was changed from DLA and they didn't give it to me. My care coordinator and doctor said they should try to appeal it but then my new care coordinator said I should just reapply for it with her filling out the form since my old care coordinator let me do it myself without checking it.
    I got a text on Friday saying that I'm eligible for it so they might of rejected it the first time because of how the form was written.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I gotta say, I've been so bad recently for taking medication. I've hardly been on it at all in weeks because I'm all over the place and I just can't remember to take it. I think I'm gonna go and pick up another prescription this week and give it another go for another couple of months, and if I'm struggling go back to the doctors. I had my PIP assessment for everything the other day as well and I'm really nervous because the guy gave me no room to explain anything. I think I'll end up having to appeal. I should've got it a year ago when I last applied, but they missed out something I wrote and said which lost me a point and put me one point below being awarded it. I meant to appeal, but missed the deadline. Wish me luck!
    Good luck and I had problems with PIP too earlier this year since it was changed from DLA and they didn't give it to me. My care coordinator and doctor said they should try to appeal it but then my new care coordinator said I should just reapply for it with her filling out the form since my old care coordinator let me do it myself without checking it.I got a text on Friday saying that I'm eligible for it so they might of rejected it the first time because of how the form was written.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo1)
    Last week I felt so down I was googling why am I so fat ugly and dumb and felt like I could relate to the posts.
    TW ED
    I lost 4kg which is good but if I wasn't on this weight loss medicine that the doctor prescribed I would still be 4kg heavier.
    I had an argument with my mum and she's really pissing me off I can't even be angry without her saying 'are you taking your medicine' she is not helping the situation and my pychiatrist didn't make an appointment with me so I don't know if I'm getting a new doctor or I'll be stuck with my old doctor. I googled her name in the search engine and found out that someone else under her care committed suicide and what that patient went though is how I feel. I feel a bit uncomfortable now I know this information whether I should still see her.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. 😊
    What drug did the doctor prescribe you?

(btw, I spoilered the numbers in your post as some people can get triggered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Good luck and I had problems with PIP too earlier this year since it was changed from DLA and they didn't give it to me. My care coordinator and doctor said they should try to appeal it but then my new care coordinator said I should just reapply for it with her filling out the form since my old care coordinator let me do it myself without checking it.
    I got a text on Friday saying that I'm eligible for it so they might of rejected it the first time because of how the form was written.
    Oh that sucks, but at least you're getting somewhere now. Good luck with it all!

ReputationRep:
    i feel really happy lately, almost to the point where i get excited to go to sleep just so that i can wake up and experience a new day.

why am i scared of everything.
    why is people talking in the street scary when logically nothing is gonna happen.

Annoyed at being so nervous and anxious around new people and a new place.

But I'm feeling determined to overcome it and come out of my shell quicker than I usually do. And to get a positive outlook on life, my negative attitude is only holding me back.

ReputationRep:
    Remembered something else that woman said. After the brief discussion about what my illnesses are so she could write out the letter, she asked some formalities like my name, age, DOB and then instead of asking my martial status she just came straight out with "I assume you're single?!" wtf?! She never said it in a jokey way, it was sharp and sarky, kinda like the way those nasty girls at school would say it if you know what I mean. Does she think people with what I have can't get a partner or that I'm bloody hideous or something. I just kind of looked at her and thought wtf and told her I do have a partner and she said sarcastically "oh I really need to stop assuming things". Really wished I had asked why she thought that now, I was even wearing my engagement ring. It's silly but the way she said and that little sarcastic remark after it makes my blood boil thinking about it.

Urgh, maybe I'm just too easily wound up these days.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Remembered something else that woman said. After the brief discussion about what my illnesses are so she could write out the letter, she asked some formalities like my name, age, DOB and then instead of asking my martial status she just came straight out with "I assume you're single?!" wtf?! She never said it in a jokey way, it was sharp and sarky, kinda like the way those nasty girls at school would say it if you know what I mean. Does she think people with what I have can't get a partner or that I'm bloody hideous or something. I just kind of looked at her and thought wtf and told her I do have a partner and she said sarcastically "oh I really need to stop assuming things". Really wished I had asked why she thought that now, I was even wearing my engagement ring. It's silly but the way she said and that little sarcastic remark after it makes my blood boil thinking about it.

Urgh, maybe I'm just too easily wound up these days.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is actually quite rude. I've got my PIP assessment in two weeks time. I had to whinge at them because they've agreed to a home visit and originally told me they'll be here between 10.30 and 12.30pm. Their excuse for being so vague was because of traffic. I'm sure they've done that on purpose. I had to point out to them that as someone with Autism, you need to be quite a bit more specific.

ReputationRep:
    Really wished I had asked why she thought that now, I was even wearing my engagement ring. It's silly but the way she said and that little sarcastic remark after it makes my blood boil thinking about it.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hate it when people make assumptions like that ... but I think it's better that you didn't ask why, so you can try to just move on from it. It could simply be because of your age or something

ReputationRep:
    Probably gonna need to ask for my dosage to be upped. Body is now resisting the quetiapine and I can't even fall asleep on it. :/ Also still seeing and hearing things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezme39)
    Hate it when people make assumptions like that ... but I think it's better that you didn't ask why, so you can try to just move on from it. It could simply be because of your age or something
    Yeah it was more the way she said it than what she said that annoyed me if you know what I mean? A second before she said it I told her my age, I'm 24 so I don't think she would assume I'm single from my age. Maybe if I were 14? :laugh: I'll just make sure I won't go back to her, especially when it comes to my Pip tribunal.
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    That is actually quite rude. I've got my PIP assessment in two weeks time. I had to whinge at them because they've agreed to a home visit and originally told me they'll be here between 10.30 and 12.30pm. Their excuse for being so vague was because of traffic. I'm sure they've done that on purpose. I had to point out to them that as someone with Autism, you need to be quite a bit more specific.
    hope your PIP assessment goes well :hugs: keep me updated. I'm glad you managed to get a home visit. I pleaded for one and got evidence from my doc and they still refused. Yeah I undersatnd completely that you need them to be more specific. I hope you pass the medical and don't have to go through all the hoops of appealing like I am atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hope your PIP assessment goes well :hugs: keep me updated. I'm glad you managed to get a home visit. I pleaded for one and got evidence from my doc and they still refused. Yeah I undersatnd completely that you need them to be more specific. I hope you pass the medical and don't have to go through all the hoops of appealing like I am atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. They've just ignored my request for them to be more specific so it seems. Urgh. Or am I being that unreasonable? I've got to have someone with me (I've got various issues communicating and need someone who knows me well to translate into simple English) as well. Clearly have nothing better to do than wait around anything up to 2 hours just for someone to come and visit me.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.