James
    Is what i want to see

ReputationRep:
    Cappello's first interview in English:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...us/7418608.stm

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    From the BBC:

FOOTBALL: Fabio Capello hands Peterborough goalkeeper Joe Lewis senior England call-up. More soon.
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    What!! Don Fabio must sense something....

ReputationRep:
    Would he be the first ever League Two player to play for England? Is he the first ever League Two player to be called up?

ReputationRep:
    Not a surprise. Joe left my club (Norwich) in January, and that was a foolish mistake.

The guy is good, his reflexes are first draw, and he is arguably better than Rob Green was at the same age.

If we're looking to the future, Joe will surely be part of it. P'boro were not the only club interested in him, there was premiership interest, but without first team football gaurentees

ReputationRep:
    erm

ReputationRep:
    Surely, the strikers of League Two are not of the standard that he would face in the international tournaments!

He did play in the 2-0 England U21 win against Wales.

He's brilliant from what I've seen of him. That said, we did have Nathan Elder trying to score against him.

ReputationRep:
    :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Its more likely his performances in the under 21 side, rather than at peterborough, have got him the call up (if its true).

I would like to know what the odds were on it though (and whether a certain anonymous mr.c went and put a bet on just before)

ReputationRep:
    Pretty impressive if you ask me. English is a tough language to learn and he hasnt had very long to do it. He's virtually fluent.

ReputationRep:
    He is very good actually, at that age learning a language isn't the easiest thing. I am impressed.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, he's done well.

For the forthcoming England games, Capello has called up a goalkeeper from... Peterborough...
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    That's pretty impressive actually. Repect for giving it time and not just diving in at the deep end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    Has Robert Green killed one of Capello's kids or something. A League 1 goalkeeper who most people haven't heard of gets in front of one of the Premierleagues best Goalkeepers. Backward. Very.
    Rob Green has conceded four in a match a few times this season.

ReputationRep:
    Surely he's better than a League 1 keeper.

ReputationRep:
    Nor is he one of the league's best :teeth: VDS, Reina, Cech, Howard, James, Jussi, Cudicini & Friedel are all better IMO.

Emboldened ones are the ones that are unquestionably better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    Surely he's better than a League 1 keeper.
    He most likely is. But Capello has probably seen something in this keeper that makes him think he'll be a great option for the future and thinks giving him a bit of experience now would help him.

ReputationRep:
    I think this is more a message than a serious pick; that Fabio Capello is more than willing to dip into the U21 pool where his predecessors were reluctant. It'd theoretically encourage every young English footballer, and then every England squad member, to up their game.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.