Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I loved it..

But was thinking, is it the last we are going to see of Rose.. Ever... They said that before :hmmm:

I am kinda going to miss Catherine Tate, althought i didn;t like her at the start.. She grew on me..

Davros was almost as cool as the olden days..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woo-woo)
    But wouldn't it be so wrong for the real Doc to say 'I love you' it's just not him even though we all know he did love her.
    Eh...I don't know. I can see what you mean but I can kinda see him saying it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I am kinda going to miss Catherine Tate, althought i didn;t like her at the start.. She grew on me..
    Me too.

Nah...they always seem to find a way of bringing old characters back with some old excuse...look at Davros!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Me too.

Nah...they always seem to find a way of bringing old characters back with some old excuse...look at Davros!
    True, i never thought i'd ever see Rose or Davros again in Dr Who, and there they were together... :eek:

Although, i suppose ROse hasn't really got anything to come back for... Now she has 'her' own Doctor...

I hope Donna does come back and remember, somehow...

exactly lol, i was also surprised to see mickey and rose's mum...jackie is it?...was good episode though...cant wait for the cybermen

ReputationRep:
    Whew, I think we've finally seen the last of the daleks then, after so very long - unless some crafty writing brings them back into the fray next series somehow.

I thought it was an okay ender. Wasn't really enough time to fully develop some scenes, such as the beach scene, and I was unimpressed by the desturction of the daleks by glorified remote control. Still, the climax was emotive and pretty powerful, so it made up.

It was quite a clever move - quite jarring to see the juxtaposition between Donna at her peak with doctor and how she was before the whole thing started. The last shot of the doctor completely alone was very well done.

ReputationRep:
    The Daleks will be back....

One day... :evil:

Them things will never be wiped out..

Loved the German Daleks... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidona)
    Whew, I think we've finally seen the last of the daleks then, after so very long - unless some crafty writing brings them back into the fray next series somehow.

I thought it was an okay ender. Wasn't really enough time to fully develop some scenes, such as the beach scene, and I was unimpressed by the desturction of the daleks by glorified remote control. Still, the climax was emotive and pretty powerful, so it made up.

It was quite a clever move - quite jarring to see the juxtaposition between Donna at her peak with doctor and how she was before the whole thing started. The last shot of the doctor completely alone was very well done.
    Lol the daleks will be back, RTD said in confidential he hasnt killed off davros. Though he dosnt know what happened to him, he probably escaped like he always does, so it wont be long before the daleks are back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    Eh...I don't know. I can see what you mean but I can kinda see him saying it.
    And the real Doc needed the other Doc to say it to Rose so that she could accept that version of the Doctor... if that makes sense?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that makes sense. It kinda seemed weak to me after all the charisma that the doctor has but I understand it.

Haha I LOVED the German Daleks! My Mum rang me up on the bus home from work just to tell me that. I jumped up at down at home watching it- "HAHA the Daleks are speaking German!! I LOVE IT!!!"

ReputationRep:
    Good episode! Something missing, yet you were captivated all the way through!

Can't believe some of you were missing precious seconds of Doctor Who by writing / thinking about what to write on this thread! :p:

Donna just got better, and better, and better! I couldn't stand Catherine Tate's "comedy" and thought the christmas special she was in would be her standard for the series. It wasn't! Amazing!
    The "old" Donna at the end shocked me though... didn't think she'd be so rude to a "stranger".
    I'm gonna miss Wilfred
    And I doubt Donna's Mum will mention how amazing she thinks she is

As for the Doctor and Rose thing?
    Wellllllll!
    As suggested... the "original" doctor didn't want to say it so that his "copy" could say it and be accepted by Rose. Rose also did the "what was the last thing you said" to test if the "copy" *was* the "original"... just with one heart!
    Also, neither Doctor would say it aloud - that's not the Doctor's style. BUT if the "original" Doctor was going to tell Rose, he wouldn't have done it on the beach for 2 reasons.... 1) Rose wouldn't be accepting of the "copy" (and it wouldn't prove to her he was him)... 2) He was *only* going to say it at the end of series 2 because he *knew* he wouldn't see Rose ever again, and didn't want to leave it unsaid.
    I *think* the "original" Doctor would be happy that Rose is happy, and that *he* is with her for the rest of *his* life. The more time the "original" spent with her, the more he'd love her and the harder it'd be to see her age and finally die.

Also, the second Doctor has ALL the memories of the first (or at least up to the point the hand was chopped off I would say) and knows what he and Rose went through. Like Jenny, the "copy" came into being when he was needed to fight... that was his purpose at that point. He's living with Rose just having finished the battle... needing to learn again how to live peacefully... just like the "original" did when he first met Rose (just having come out of the Time War).

As for Mickey... not sure!
    He's not overly "special" (as far as we know). And he has no ties outside of Torchwood / the Doctor / The Tylers. So it's not like suddenly appearing would have a drastic affect on either of the worlds.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Though I have heard a rumour he's going to be the Doctor's next assisstant

Oooo, and I cried. Again. Have done at almost all of the episodes this series lol :p:
    Not as much as when the Doctor left Rose in Series 2 though.... Answering the door to my friend who had knocked when the credits began was interesting (she's not a Doctor Who fan :eek:)

And I scared myself watching that episode. I have a habit of going back a few seconds to re-hear a line or whatever on iplayer. I did that today... the "timeline" thing went backwards... but the program went forwards! Scary! That didn't scare me though...
    I have the lights off, headphones in and the door to my room slightly open when I watch Dr Who... My brother came out of his room and there was a shadow of a person moving about in the corner of my eye in several parts about 20minutes in. THAT was scary til I realised who / what it was :p:

ReputationRep:
    The German Daleks were totally the best bit of the episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)
    The German Daleks were totally the best bit of the episode.
    The Daleks were actually based on the Nazis, hearing them in German really proved it!!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else notice how they kept going on about the new Doctor as being "part Human" but never mentioned that the origanal Doctor himself is infact part Human...Half Human actually on his Mothers side.

ReputationRep:
    the copy doctor was even more human though, only having one heart and all.

as for the 'why did donna have to have her memory wiped thing', i think it's because she was mainly human, yet the copy doctor was mainly time lord, so he was used to it.... if that makes any sense what so ever... lol.

ReputationRep:
    It's only mentioned that the Doctor is half human in that movie and nothing else has ever mentioned it. Perhaps this was the producer's way of trying to say that it wasn't true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woo-woo)
    But wouldn't it be so wrong for the real Doc to say 'I love you' it's just not him even though we all know he did love her.
    How do you know that's what he said?

We know from 'The Library' that the most important thing he can ever tell someone is his real name. Why would he have told Rose he loved her if, by telling her his real name, he can let her know far more implicitly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    How do you know that's what he said?

We know from 'The Library' that the most important thing he can ever tell someone is his real name. Why would he have told Rose he loved her if, by telling her his real name, he can let her know far more implicitly.
    it was mentioned in dr who confidential that he did said 'I love you' to Rose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitty_koo)
    it was mentioned in dr who confidential that he did said 'I love you' to Rose
    Nuts!

That's what I get for missing Confidential but trying to be clever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Nuts!

That's what I get for missing Confidential but trying to be clever...
    :laugh: its probley on iplayer if you wanna watch it :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.