Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Agh, I'm really freaking myself out in a huge way at the minute A couple of weeks ago I managed to get myself put on citalopram because I felt that my depression was getting worse again. I've been on the pills for a little over a week now so there's still some time to go before they take effect, but things in my life have actually got a lot worse in the past week or so.
I won't go into details because it involves a few other TSR members, but a certain incident last week got me completely stressed. Since then I've just been really stressed and anxious over pretty much everything, and the anxiety is getting far too much for me; I'm getting really strong urges to kill myself again :cry:

To make matters worse, some of you may remember that thing where I got referred to Edinburgh hospital but there was a 20-month waiting list. Well, I just checked my emails today and found that I got an email last month saying there had been a cancellation and they were having difficulty contacting me on the phone (my mobile had been switched off), so I obviously missed out on getting seen after about 8 months
becki08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm very tempted to take a few extra of my tablets to knock me out and escape. It wouldn't be an overdose as I'm on the very lowest dose and I could take 10 times that before it would be too much.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
I'm very tempted to take a few extra of my tablets to knock me out and escape. It wouldn't be an overdose as I'm on the very lowest dose and I could take 10 times that before it would be too much.
Don't do it becki. It wouldn't work, and any effect it could have would only be harmful. :hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Don't do it becki. It wouldn't work, and any effect it could have would only be harmful. :hugs:
It might do. They always make me tired and sleepy. I'm hoping to get my dosage increased soon anyway. I'll just do it for the doctors and just a little more at once than they would.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What pills are you on?
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
risperidone
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really don't think it's a good idea Becki. :hugs:
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think maybe I should go to sleep now before I do anything.
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by becki08)
I think maybe I should go to sleep now before I do anything.
Sounds like a good idea :sadnod:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
Agh, I'm really freaking myself out in a huge way at the minute A couple of weeks ago I managed to get myself put on citalopram because I felt that my depression was getting worse again. I've been on the pills for a little over a week now so there's still some time to go before they take effect, but things in my life have actually got a lot worse in the past week or so.
I won't go into details because it involves a few other TSR members, but a certain incident last week got me completely stressed. Since then I've just been really stressed and anxious over pretty much everything, and the anxiety is getting far too much for me; I'm getting really strong urges to kill myself again :cry:

To make matters worse, some of you may remember that thing where I got referred to Edinburgh hospital but there was a 20-month waiting list. Well, I just checked my emails today and found that I got an email last month saying there had been a cancellation and they were having difficulty contacting me on the phone (my mobile had been switched off), so I obviously missed out on getting seen after about 8 months
:hugs:

Thinking of you Holly. :hugs:
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm hungover to hell :o:

All I consumed at all yesterday was:

1 bowl of bran flakes
half a bottle of vodka
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi Tufts, how are you feeling?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hope everyone's ok this morning.

I'm nervous about my doctors' appointment
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)

1 bowl of bran flakes
half a bottle of vodka
Hi hun, how are you feeling? Did the vodka idea help? x

Becki - hope you're ok and didn't OD.

Everyone else...big hugs! :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi Liz, how're you? :hugs:
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)

1 bowl of bran flakes
half a bottle of vodka

:hugs:
Thats not good for you hunni.
Can i ask whats upset you? If you want to talk about it.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It was stress that triggered it :o:

And then when I started having panic attacks I begun dwelling on other things that consistently worry and scare me (even though they wern't connected to the initial stress).

I think this may sound like a bizarre question but, do you guys ever feel scared about not really mattering that much to anyone? And do you find it depressing that the only people that really care for you, the only people you are trully connected to (mum, dad, siblings) - it was not their choice to be connected to you. It was an 'accident of birth'.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)

I'm nervous about my doctors' appointment
What do you think will happen? :hugs:
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't believe my anxiety has got so much worse so quickly! I knew it was a big mistake to give in to it and not go to work on Saturday... I've been having panic attacks about going to school, and yesterday I phoned my mum after just two lessons and made her come and pick me up because it was making me feel so ill. Today I haven't gone in either, although I have to go for the afternoon because I need to be in town ready for my psych appointment. I feel like such a failure for chickening out of school. Everything seems too big and scary to cope with, I just want to hide away under my duvet and never come out. I hate this. And I loathe myself. Urrgghh.
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Stress sucks.
I sometimes wonder how many times i can let people down without them turning their back on me!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads