Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carolina92)
    You're gonna call or email them thought right?
    lol its impressive how often we are all on TSR. That or somehow you guys are always on when im on.

yes ill call tomorrow.

So who else is waiting on offers? (meaning people that have not gotten into their top choice yet)

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting on Edinburgh and Durham which are my top choices. Got an offer from Glasgow today though after only 6 days so that was pretty cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerteeth)
    Got an offer from Glasgow today though after only 6 days so that was pretty cool.
    I got an offer from Glasgow six days after too! I got a conditional and all I need is a high school diploma. I didn't even know they cared about high school, only test scores. I'm still waiting on Edinburgh though... Edinburgh and Glasgow were tied for my first choice so at least i got into one right?

What are you majoring in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly certain I read something on the Oxford website about it being all right to contact them if you haven't heard from them four days before the interview.

I got my invite for History on Monday both via e-mail and in the mail - should be arriving Tuesday the eighth. Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Hey i didnt read this entire thread just the first few pages..and i dont have nearly as much qualifications as you guys..
    but here are my stats

GPA 3.5
    sat 1890 (660 reading,600,math,630 writing )
    ACT 29
    subject tests
    literature 630
    us history 650
    math 1 620

AP'S
    WORLD HISTORY 4
    ENG LANG 4
    taking :
    macroeconomics
    eng lit
    statistics

i have applied to
    ucl (acknowledged)
    sheffield (acknowledge)
    nottingham (conditional offer: have to make a 4 on one of my ap tests in may)
    manchester ( conditional offer :4 and 5 to include economics and statisitcs)
    royal holloway

i submitted my application on november 3 and i heard from manchester within 7 days
    nottingham within 16 days
    i hope this info helps someone out by renewing their confidence!

ReputationRep:
    Does UCL interview most or all applicants?

ReputationRep:
    from what i have heard ucl interviews most med students and borderline students.. as in students they arent sure about.

my cousin is a uk student and she said her interview at ucl helped her a lot to recieve an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    I don't mean to stray from the topic, but I think you Americans could probably answer this question best because it has to do with the interchanging of AP scores for A-level results.

If a uni requires the History A-level as a prerequisite for a course, can a U.S. History AP score suffice for that? Or will I have to have taken and done well on the European, US and World History AP exams?

Will an SAT II U.S. History score count for the prerequisite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CluelessAmerican)
    Thanks!
    I don't mean to stray from the topic, but I think you Americans could probably answer this question best because it has to do with the interchanging of AP scores for A-level results.

If a uni requires the History A-level as a prerequisite for a course, can a U.S. History AP score suffice for that? Or will I have to have taken and done well on the European, US and World History AP exams?

Will an SAT II U.S. History score count for the prerequisite?
    It would depend on the college. Oxford, for instance, would require a 5 on the History AP or a 700+ on the History SAT II for it to be treated as an A on the A-levels. Cambridge would only consider the APs.

Your best bet would be to consult the websites of the colleges you're applying to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat.american.kid)
    It would depend on the college. Oxford, for instance, would require a 5 on the History AP or a 700+ on the History SAT II for it to be treated as an A on the A-levels. Cambridge would only consider the APs.

Your best bet would be to consult the websites of the colleges you're applying to.
    Ohh, alright. Thanks! But I'm confused because there is an A-level History exam, but for AP's there are three different history exams. Does it matter which AP history exam I've taken?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmyish)
    I got an offer from Glasgow six days after too! I got a conditional and all I need is a high school diploma. I didn't even know they cared about high school, only test scores. I'm still waiting on Edinburgh though... Edinburgh and Glasgow were tied for my first choice so at least i got into one right?

What are you majoring in?
    Yeah mine is conditional too based on getting my associates haha. I'm majoring in history...you?

ReputationRep:
    'aQUOTE=brazilianrocker]lol its impressive how often we are all on TSR. That or somehow you guys are always on when im on.

yes ill call tomorrow.

So who else is waiting on offers? (meaning people that have not gotten into their top choice yet)[/QUOTE]
    I'm actually in the same position as you with Oxford but I think it may have been because I turned my coursework in late. (I mailed it via First Class mail Oct 17 but sent an email the Friday after the deadline saying they had not received my work but would give me until 5am EST to turn it in...I wasn't able to send it in until Monday morning due to technological problems) I'm assuming my application wasmarked incomplete though, but I haven't anything. I'm going to call tomorrow though. I'm not really worried though, since Edinburgh is my first choice.

ReputationRep:
    i have an interview at Merton (and Wadham) for Biology!

i took AP Biology & the grade 12 course last year..so i have had no biology for a year

and between now and when my flight leaves i have a math exam, a calculus test, two french essays, and an english essay...!!!!!!!! .. no time to prep.. my only prep will be on the flight.. so little time..arkldjsf.. i 'm sure to mess up the interview ... ahh well. what can you do,right?

BEST WISHES TO YOU GUYS STILL WAITING!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerteeth)
    Yeah mine is conditional too based on getting my associates haha. I'm majoring in history...you?
    A joint degree for business&management and statistics.

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, alright. Thanks! But I'm confused because there is an A-level History exam, but for AP's there are three different history exams. Does it matter which AP history exam I've taken?
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone...Just curious - are there any American university students applying to any of the British LLB programs? I am from Tulane University graduating in May - applied to the LSE LL.B program.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? :
    It would, as I said before, depend on the school. Are you asking about Oxford in particular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat.american.kid)
    It would, as I said before, depend on the school. Are you asking about Oxford in particular?
    No, Royal Holloway plus several Scottish Unis. Should I just contact their admissions offices individually?

Has anyone here gotten an offer for history? Which AP, IB or SAT II exams did you take?

ReputationRep:
    No, Royal Holloway plus several Scottish Unis. Should I just contact their admissions offices individually?

Has anyone here gotten an offer for history? Which AP, IB or SAT II exams did you take?
    I would check their websites first, but yes, you'll probably have to find out from each school individually.

ReputationRep:
    I am going crazy waiting! Although, it's got to be better than my friends who won't hear back for another 4 months

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.