Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Sigh. You really love skirting around the issue, don't you? The growth in Muslim population is obviously related to the threat of Sharia.

that's their culture, leave them be

if it comes to the UK and you dont like it, THEN you can fight it or GTFO

but seeing as that isn't going to happen, im not worried

i'm off to Morrisons before it closes, i might be back later, good night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    again, i haven't called you racist
    Er, you said this:

then don't be so bold as to make statements that could be construed as racist/islamophobic if you aren't prepared for that
    Care to back your claim up and show me where I've said anything that can remotely be construed as racist?

ReputationRep:
    that's their culture, leave them be
    Oh, yes. The age old cultural relativism ********. You're really excusing the oppression of homosexuality because it's their "culture"? Grow up.
    if it comes to the UK and you dont like it, THEN you can fight it or GTFO
    Lovely. So, some barbaric legal system is implemented in Western civilisation that I happen to reside in, and you suggest I GTFO. By the sentiment of the posters of this thread, I wouldn't be allowed to openly oppose it because, of course, I'd be being "racist".

ReputationRep:
    again, i haven't called you racist

i've merely suggested that you shouldn't be surprised if someone does given the information you've posted and the context it is in
    It's racist to point out patterns of bad behaviour among groups of people? I don't see why you wouldn't use emprical data to assess whether or not it is a good idea to let a certain group within a population flourish. The reason you are pissed off is because all the emprical data suggests the tide of Islam needs to be stemmed before we start to get the trouble that is attached to a Muslim population over 3%. I dread to think what will happen when it gets to 10-20%, they already take a ridiculous amount of the governments time and money relative to their size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Please we all know whether you want to admit it or not, the killing of civilians regardless of race/gender is prohibited in all religion, more over day by day we begin to see that the US government had a role in the 9/11 seeing the discovery of nano-thermite in the rubble. Secondly the 7/7 attacks were not motivated by religion, they were motivated by foreign policy as clearly stated by the attackers and the MI5 was fully warned about them by Saudis, the fact the government has refused an independent inquiry speaks volumes..

Lastly 1/3 of all suicide bombers are secular.....
    As much as I love a good conspiracy theory, I find it hard to accept that the US government would destroy thousands of its own civilians, millions of dollars in damages ( and lost taxes, theres a thought) just to give them an excuse to invade another country. Which i assume is the reasoning behind the theory, sorry I didnt watch the video:rolleyes:

I dont know if killing civilians is not condoned by Islam or in fact any religion other than Christianity as I havent read a holy book other than the Bible...thats what I was saying in my first post. I can only make up my mind based on the evidence from what I see in my country and in the Uk.

Ok, say 1/3 of all suicide bombers are secular(source?) Are you condoning the other 67%???How does that change things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missbrowneyes)
    As much as I love a good conspiracy theory, I find it hard to accept that the US government would destroy thousands of its own civilians, millions of dollars in damages ( and lost taxes, theres a thought) just to give them an excuse to invade another country. Which i assume is the reasoning behind the theory, sorry I didnt watch the video

I dont know if killing civilians is not condoned by Islam or in fact any religion other than Christianity as I havent read a holy book other than the Bible...thats what I was saying in my first post. I can only make up my mind based on the evidence from what I see in my country and in the Uk.

Ok, say 1/3 of all suicide bombers are secular(source?) Are you condoning the other 67%???How does that change things?
    His argument usually revolves around the fact we deserve to be suicide bombed for our foreign policy decisions which antagonise Muslims. He doesn't seem to realise that these people don't have to live here if they disagree with our foreign policy, or they can use the accepted avenues to argue and campaign. It does not validate the way they behave on a rather grand scale.

ReputationRep:
    On September 11, 2001, 19 muslim men killed thousands of people in the name of their faith.

Yes, they can be classed as extremists.

The real problem was the footage of ordinary Palestinian citizens - like you or me, who never knew the victims or their families - dancing on the streets. In the name of religion.

I am Christian, and I come from an African country where, when offensive cartoons depicting Prophet Muhammed , dozens of churches were burnt down in the north, where the population is majority muslim.

Recently a support for the Taliban was declared in the north, and more churches were burnt down/innocent people killed. Spontaneously, overnight.

Of course in the past, Christians have done their fair share of senseless violence in the name of "religion" - the crusades, the reasoning behind the slave trade. But we arent talking about the past; we are dealing with the present, and I think the central message of this thread is that too many crimes are being committed in the name of Islam. I do not know if the Qu'ran supports this, and a lot of my friends who are muslim are positive that it doesn't.

But what is the principle behind Jihads against the whole western world? Suicide bombers? Stoning women (or men) for adultery? If it isnt in the Qu'ran then where do these people get their motivation from?

Eek this is long. But ive wanted to get this out for so long I think my hands are shaking a little..lol
    Hi.

What those people have done is wrong.

Abu Bakr (ra):

‘Do not deceive, do not dishonour a treaty, do not mutilate the dead; nor should you kill a child, an old man or a woman. Do not destroy palm trees nor burn them, neither are you to cut a fruitful tree, do not kill a lamb, a cow or a camel except for purposes of food. You will come across a people who have devoted themselves to the monasteries; leave them, and what they do.’

A man or woman cannot be punished for adultery unless 4 witnesses clearly saw the act and the adulterers were not intoxicated. That is next to impossible. I really don't think that people implement these laws properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Hi.

What those people have done is wrong.

Abu Bakr (ra):

‘Do not deceive, do not dishonour a treaty, do not mutilate the dead; nor should you kill a child, an old man or a woman. Do not destroy palm trees nor burn them, neither are you to cut a fruitful tree, do not kill a lamb, a cow or a camel except for purposes of food. You will come across a people who have devoted themselves to the monasteries; leave them, and what they do.’

A man or woman cannot be punished for adultery unless 4 witnesses clearly saw the act and the adulterers were not intoxicated. That is next to impossible. I really don't think that people implement these laws properly.
    Assalamualaykum,

What is the evidence for this part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roots)
    Oh, that clearly makes it fine, then! Are you condoning the stoning (death) of adulterers, then, if all conditions are met?

ReputationRep:
    As much as I love a good conspiracy theory, I find it hard to accept that the US government would destroy thousands of its own civilians, millions of dollars in damages ( and lost taxes, theres a thought) just to give them an excuse to invade another country. Which i assume is the reasoning behind the theory, sorry I didnt watch the video:rolleyes:

Allowing the WTC incident to happen made perfect sense.

Do you know how much money was made by the Iraq invasions/colonisation? A building full of taxpayers is but a drop in the ocean.The same companies supplied the weapons for both sides. A war distracts from problems the governments are having, one of the features of a fascist government is relying on a war to unite people in hate or something to put a lot of emotional weight on servicemen/police/authority figures.

Millions of dollars in damages? You can't buy what people see as a justified excuse to start a war. Not a conspiracy theorist, personally, but if you think every government is benevolent towards its citizens then dear Christ are you misled.

ReputationRep:
    Government conspiracy theories in regards to 9/11 are such ********. The Muslims who commited that atrocity are the ones' to blame here; nothing can excuse it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrkn)
    Allowing the WTC incident to happen made perfect sense.

Do you know how much money was made by the Iraq invasions/colonisation? A building full of taxpayers is but a drop in the ocean.The same companies supplied the weapons for both sides. A war distracts from problems the governments are having, one of the features of a fascist government is relying on a war to unite people in hate or something to put a lot of emotional weight on servicemen/police/authority figures.

Millions of dollars in damages? You can't buy what people see as a justified excuse to start a war. Not a conspiracy theorist, personally, but if you think every government is benevolent towards its citizens then dear Christ are you misled.

I do agree that not every government cares about its citizens as a matter of fact Im convinced my native government doesnt.
    But if this was all, entirely, completely staged by the american government, with no imput at all from religion, then
    a) what was the motivation for the suicide bombers to actually take their own lives in the process?
    b) seeing as the entire event and its aftermath had a really really really bad effect on Bush's reputation and by implication the Republican party, how could the government at that time have engineered something that was never going to benefit them?

A war doesnt always distract from problems and as a matter of fact I think attacks on the 9/11 scale seriously undermine any government's standing with their citizens. I mean, you have to blame somebody, and if the bombers are dead and the Al Qaeda are being elusive the blame for lax security/not apprehending suspects in time/ generally letting this happen has to fall on the people in power.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of Muslim people died in 9/11 as well. You can't blame all Muslims because of it. And actually Muslim people don't care if your homosexual or an adulterer, as long as you don't announce it to the world they don't care. And places like Saudia Arabia and Afghanistan were stoning etc happens, thats a part of their culture, not religion. Nowhere in the Qu'ran does it say stone these people if they did that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vandiola)
    Loads of Muslim people died in 9/11 as well. You can't blame all Muslims because of it. And actually Muslim people don't care if your homosexual or an adulterer, as long as you don't announce it to the world they don't care. And places like Saudia Arabia and Afghanistan were stoning etc happens, thats a part of their culture, not religion. Nowhere in the Qu'ran does it say stone these people if they did that.
    Why are you speaking about homosexuality in line with adultery? Why shouldn't homosexuals be allowed to be open about their sexuality?

And guys, can we please not turn this thread into a 9/11 conspiracy thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)

Thats like clever + Americans....
    And yet the Americans rule the free world. They are cleverer than you give them credit for:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I thought so, evidence is evidence, conspiracy theory or not. When you or anyother person explains why there is nano thermite in the rubble, then I'd believe it's a conspiracy theory. Secondly, by all accounts the US is merely repeating what it did with Pearl Harbor when it allowed the attack to happen for it to enter WW2.

Here's the Source

and here's the author summarizing it
    And no I do not condone any form of Suicide Terrorism, infact most respected Muslim jurists have ruled that it's unlawful and it's a main reason why Hamas has stopped doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Government conspiracy theories in regards to 9/11 are such ********. The Muslims who commited that atrocity are the ones' to blame here; nothing can excuse it.
    I hardly believe that a bunch of alcohol drinking, strip joint goers committed this act because of religion. And, the US is to blame with its destructive foreign policy that naturally enrages people to commit such attacks.

I wonder why Islamists have no problem with Nordic States, with Christian Latin America, With Japan, Korea etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    Assalamualaykum,

What is the evidence for this part?
    Waalaykum Salaam

This...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zina_(Arabic)#Hadith does not agree with this ...http://www.jannah.com/cgi-bin/librar...om=30&limit=10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Oh, that clearly makes it fine, then! Are you condoning the stoning (death) of adulterers, then, if all conditions are met?
    Why would they do it in the first place if they know the severity of the punishment?

If I know I will be stoned to death if I **** my neighbor's wife, don't you think I will control myself?

If you're going to take an oath that you will remain committed to someone during the tenure of your marriage you might as well keep that oath, if you can't, simply get a divorce that's why marriage is easy in Islam....

It's all victim mentality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LetoKynes)
    That bit about Malaysia is probably true, lol..

A Muslim woman is about to get caned for drinking alcohol :rolleyes: She wasn't even causing any trouble, it was in a hotel/resort and apparently she got caught or something - it's ridiculous.
    Yeah, but look at the punishments in the UK for possession of soft drugs!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.