Edexcel chemistry 1 Watch

obviouslystudying
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by thething135)
im pretty sure its 5:1 cuz it says 4 grams of helium to 4 grams of neon
and helium's atomic mass is 5 times smaller than neon therefore 5 time more atoms?
Oh no. I think i must have thought of hydrogen and assumed He forms a diatomic moleclue. i got ration 2.5:1
Itachi8
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
for the risk question is one of them that test tube might fell down
ACatCalledMeow
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LittleMuffin)
if you talked about asymmetry, i think you can still get the marks, but you have to talk about how the Br can bond to the second or third carbon, making a major and minor product
Is it correct if i say it's because "it's the reaction between an unsymmetrical reactant and an unsymmetrical reagent. So, the reaction will produce two carbocation. One being the primary carbocation and another being the secondary carbocation. The secondary carbocation will be the major product as it is more stable than the primary carbocation"?

:confused:
Epic_Fail
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Itachi8)
i hope thats an answer because that's what i wrote lool it sounds so stupid to me though
Sade67
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There was not a question on geometric isomerism. It was about the major and minor products off electophillic addition of HBr with propene.
obviouslystudying
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aerox217)
I probably read the question wrong (AGAIN) but I wrote ^THIS. Two potential places for Br to join hope we're right.
Whew. Finally found someone with similar answers on a disputive question, and hopefully we ARE right.
obviouslystudying
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Isnt the test tube clamped? and i thought the loose bung was for illustrative purposes.
Itachi8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by obviouslystudying)
Isnt the test tube clamped? and i thought the loose bung was for illustrative purposes.
it didn't show on the diagram or did it
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh no. I think i must have thought of hydrogen and assumed He forms a diatomic moleclue. i got ration 2.5:1
Being diatomic or not has nothing to do with the gmol^-1 sadly we just take it as 1 mol if there is no number left to it so it would be 4/molar mass of helium compared to hydrogen and multiply the 4xthe ratio.
jink
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I remember it saying it was clamped.

Anyway, it was pretty good for me, thankfully. I may have lost a few marks, but let's hope for low grade boundaries.
obviouslystudying
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ACatCalledMeow)
Is it correct if i say it's because "it's the reaction between an unsymmetrical reactant and an unsymmetrical reagent. So, the reaction will produce two carbocation. One being the primary carbocation and another being the secondary carbocation. The secondary carbocation will be the major product as it is more stable than the primary carbocation"?
:
makes sense to me, but you never know the marking scheme. You maybe missing a silly thing word or something like not referring to the reactants given directly and may lose all.
Stratos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
they did refer to it being clamped at the edge however i took that as a danger and said it could be knocked away seeing how it was loosely clamped on the edge around the opening of the test tube.
LittleMuffin
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ACatCalledMeow)

:confused:
not so sure about the terminology, but it seems logical. Lets hope the mark scheme is lenient!
obviouslystudying
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jink)
I remember it saying it was clamped.

Anyway, it was pretty good for me, thankfully. I may have lost a few marks, but let's hope for low grade boundaries.
Hey, anyway of knowing the lowest marks to achieve full marks in the results sheet? (even for the past exams)
jink
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey, anyway of knowing the lowest marks to achieve full marks in the results sheet? (even for the past exams)
No, sorry, I've been wondering about that too. I just assumed that it'd be close to the raw mark value you get if you extrapolate the grade A boundary.
obviouslystudying
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Stratos)
they did refer to it being clamped at the edge however i took that as a danger and said it could be knocked away seeing how it was loosely clamped on the edge around the opening of the test tube.
didnt see the 'loosely' clamped part, but i think that if it was clamped further back, the bunsen burner would heat the clamp (probably metal) and it would expand, making the test-tube loose. Lets hope the examiners dont see it this way.
shadow12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
please upload the paper much thanksooooo
obviouslystudying
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jink)
No, sorry, I've been wondering about that too. I just assumed that it'd be close to the raw mark value you get if you extrapolate the grade A boundary.
Yeah, but some people here seem to know the way and is able to tell.
FallenPetal
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Did anyone get the very last question???? I really sodding hate the enviroment ones; it's not real science, it's fruity nonsense! >
obviouslystudying
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by FallenPetal)
Did anyone get the very last question???? I really sodding hate the enviroment ones; it's not real science, it's fruity nonsense! >
Thats where you can use common sense to get some easy marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (665)
80.7%
Leave (159)
19.3%

Watched Threads