Turn on thread page Beta

"Looks are everything these days" watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: "Looks are everything these days" - Agree or disagree?
    Agree
    51.94%
    Disagree
    48.06%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reems)
    SHE'S GORGEOUS, Don't listen to her :hmmm:
    Aha. So my opinion is invalid because you think I'm attractive?:mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    Aha. So my opinion is invalid because you think I'm attractive?:mmm:

I don't think it.. it's a fact my dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reems)
    I don't think it.. it's a fact my dear.
    You are ridiculous. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's pretty obvious if you are good looking more people will be attracted to you in terms of finding a sexual partner.

TBH I never bother that much with make up or anything and being average dressed/looking has never really stopped me from doing really well in certain things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    You are ridiculous. :ahee:

You loves it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reems)
    You loves it
    I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    :mfing: And you have bad grammer "Youd" = you'd "your" = you're

Chimpunk, that's your new name, you know you want this :bootyshake:
    Haha what is ''Chimpunk''? Doesn't even make any sense. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Looks aren't that important for guys we just have to be 'tough' and manly and display power(company bosses always have hot chicks).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocothunder)
    "To me, beauty is the wonder of wonders. It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances."

Mr Wilde makes a good point, no?

Brilliant quote mate.

p.s. any fit girls- feel free to pm me :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Looks aren't everything but they certainly help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Do you agree or disagree with the statement? (No inbetweens)

I mean, in this sex-obsessed world that we currently live in (a couple of threads on H&R proves this), if you're not good-looking, that's you damned for your whole life.

You have to look attractive, perfect, gorgeous etc - otherwise no one is going to take you seriously.

It doesn't matter if you have the best personality in the world, or are really good with people etc - if you don't have the looks, no one will shag you and no one will take you seriously.

In fact, being a virgin is considered a disgusting and horrible trait, unfortunately.

A slutty girl is considered better than a girl with morals. Girls are expected to have nice boobs and a slim figure; men are expected to have a big **** and look "fit".

If you don't have the looks, you're treated as scum. Looks are everything these days.

... This is not my opinion, but this is the way I see the world at the moment. That's society for you in a few sentences.

Do you agree with this or not?

No, because I'm not perfect or gorgeous yet I had sex last night.

(Original post by Indieboohoo)
    I don't understand why you think everyone has lost their virginity under 20 :rolleyes: not everyone does it.
    Thank God. Well, lot at the posts on TSR for a start, you see people with :sad: on their posts about the fact they're "still" a virgin at 18. :rolleyes:

Not everyone is a size 8 I don't know what people you hang around with but you need to stop being like this and work with your best features and not are what others think it's not worth all this built up anger.
    No - everyone else is smaller than that.

"Men don't like size zero", load of tosh. I just don't believe that.

(Original post by emma.191)
    You are mad!! Though i can see what you mean about the shame of being a virgin at 25.. i think that counts more for boys than it does for girls. But it's certainly not considered disgusting in any case. Not being "cool" doesn't mean you're disgusting ou strange person also, only 13 year olds think its not cool if you haven't had sex. I don't know wat world you're living in.
    Say I'm 25 in this hypothetical situation. And I tell you I'm a virgin. Would your reaction towards me be positive or negative? The latter? Exactly...

****S ARE NOT PREFERRED. what the hell?! Everyone takes the piss out of a uy the next mornng if he has a one night stand, and say how gross the slutty girl was. I don't understand you.
    Really? Everyone always shags the ****s. Everyone always thinks they're prettty and everything - that's why they get shagged.

ReputationRep:
    Disagree.

In this world, if you are not good-looking, you are treated as ****, to the point that you're not even considered a human being.

It's true. I'm being honest.
    It depends on what you call "good looking".

Many famous and successfull people aren't good looking. In fact I'd go as far to say the majourity of ordinary successfull people aren't good looking.

ReputationRep:
    "Men don't like size zero", load of tosh. I just don't believe that.
    Believe it. Some do, but personally I think it looks disgusting. Size 8-12 is about right, girls are supposed to carry more fat on them than guys.

(Original post by .44_Magnum)
    No, because I'm not perfect or gorgeous yet I had sex last night.
    :erm:

See? All of this boasting about "look at how much sex I had", "I'm not a virgin".

To me, it's just sex. Nothing special. Who cares if you had it or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GwonTon)
    When people say personality matters, what they really mean is: if you look alright, personality can put you ahead of the pack.

Sad fact is, if you're ugly, you're treated as not human by most of society. It affects your whole life. The level of discrimination when it comes to relationships, careers, social life, and everything else, is far worse than any other form of discrimination in society.
    This echos my sentiments entirely. Media is the most obvious proof looks are everything, but it starts from primary school onwards. Those with the wrong faces are treated as sub-human whilst those with the right faces are worshiped. Pathetic but that's the way the cookie crumbles

(Original post by GPL1989)
    Believe it. Some do, but personally I think it looks disgusting. Size 8-12 is about right, girls are supposed to carry more fat on them than guys.
    Disgusting? Really?

Size 8-12? Really?

I'm a size 8, and I'm not thin.

Somehow, I just cannot believe you. I really can't.

So you think this looks disgusting?

ReputationRep:

See? All of this boasting about "look at how much sex I had", "I'm not a virgin".

To me, it's just sex. Nothing special. Who cares if you had it or not?
    I assumed you wanted a discussion lol. In this instance me having sex was a powerful piece of evidence against your point, so I introduced it.
    It's an anon forum anyway, so no one knows who 'I' am.

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting? Really?

Size 8-12? Really?

I'm a size 8, and I'm not thin.

Somehow, I just cannot believe you. I really can't.

So you think this looks disgusting?

It depends on height though - didn't you say you were 4ft something?

As for that girl... oh my god, just look at her legs! Urgh.

Edit: and her arms, and her bony chest. Disgusting.

(Original post by GPL1989)
    It depends on height though - didn't you say you were 4ft something?

As for that girl... oh my god, just look at her legs! Urgh.

Edit: and her arms, and her bony chest. Disgusting.
    Yeah, I'm nearly 5ft. Yeah, I'm short. Laugh all you want. :rolleyes:

"Urgh"? Really? I thought men loved those types of legs - you know, all thin, no fat on it, slim and tall.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.