Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread Watch

soledaled
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
Politics.. :lol: (please don't hate me.. I'm going to be one of those cool ones! )
Yay a Politics applicant. When I first saw this I was panicking as I'm applying for Politics too but then I saw you had already done your A2's. Congrats man .
alwaysanigel247
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
similar question for people who have applied for geography and politics
whatsmyage
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i applied exactly one week ago for international relations and still havent received my acknowledgment email from QMUL. Should I start panicking? it was supposed to be one of my "safe options". Anyone from IR received any offers yet?
mohsin01
Report 8 years ago
i will be applying for computer science inshalah
h.marie-xo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
Yaaay! I know everyone I've told so far that I'm hoping to read/study politics really seems to get their knickers into a twist.. I think it's the 'in-thing' to hate politicians and bankers at the moment.

Ooh. Law. Law was something I was considering. But it seemed really long winded with all the further training etc. :eek: But there's loads of money in it for the right person.

I've also applied to Oxford, Durham, Bristol and Warwick.
Well i didn't actually think about that.. but I guess it's because i secretly wished I had done politics at A level :P

What a nice array of universities you have there :P Unfortunately.. mine aren't so high up: York, Leeds, UEA and Sussex.
York and Queen Mary I just love though!
Defontaine
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Applying for Geography with Business Management! Really hope I can get an offer!
mecks17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by alwaysanigel247)
similar question for people who have applied for geography and politics
Have an interview on the 1st of December for Geography
mecks17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by whatsmyage)
i applied exactly one week ago for international relations and still havent received my acknowledgment email from QMUL. Should I start panicking? it was supposed to be one of my "safe options". Anyone from IR received any offers yet?
I wouldn't worry whatsoever, I waited 6 weeks until I received an acknowledgement letter which says they aim to make a decision within 6-8 weeks, then 3 days later got an interview
Izzyhalsall
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey guys! Anyone got an offer for any physics courses? Iv got an interview and i was wondering does that mean im a strong applicant (all the potential physicists get interviews perhaps?) or maybe im one that they havent made up there mind on (if loads have already got interviews, i guess im a borderline applicant). Predicted A* A* A, and only need BBB for the course. So, anyone got offers for any physics degrees, if not, whos going to be at the interviews on the 17th? Thanks!
Isaac @ Stessed.Uni.Applicant.Com
heyitskatya
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SayNoMore)
Kings College
Manchester
Bristol
Westminster
..but the courses are varied :/

what about you ?
i'm glad i'm not the only one without an acknowledgement

applications wise; Keele, Royal Holloway, Hertfordshire, Aston

i really want to go to QMUL though! have you visited the departments?
*Zep
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Applied for English :rolleyes:
__xSB
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mir3a)
anyone applying for maths, or a joint maths degree such as maths with statistics?
Me! Applied for just Maths, the G100 course ...x
LabyrinthWonder
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by niddlez)
I applied for Film Studies! I think we may have a long wait ahead of us lol. Good luck to both of you
Hello!

A long wait indeed and best of luck to you too.
__xSB
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've applied for Maths G100, and my application got sent off from school on Monday 8th Nov and I got an e-mail about acknowldgement on the 10th... Loads seem to have Maths offers already but I don't ... Am I likely to not get accepted? Bad times I love QM!! ...x
tommy1311
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by __xSB)
I've applied for Maths G100, and my application got sent off from school on Monday 8th Nov and I got an e-mail about acknowldgement on the 10th... Loads seem to have Maths offers already but I don't ... Am I likely to not get accepted? Bad times I love QM!! ...x
As a rule of thumb, the amount of time that it takes for a Uni to get back to you is not an indication of a concrete decision either way.
__xSB
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tommy1311)
As a rule of thumb, the amount of time that it takes for a Uni to get back to you is not an indication of a concrete decision either way.

Oh I wasn't sure just cause loads of people seem to have offers for Maths ...x
Anonymous-
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I should really get mine sent off.
Blackcat1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by noble123)
are you sure Queen Mary offer that course? nothing on ucas about that
hahaha I meant to put business management, I've applied for Business with marketing elsewhere.
cosmo_655
Report 8 years ago
i applied to queen mary for french and german.
also applied to ucl, kings, westminster and surrey.
i have conditonal offers from westminster and surrey, but seeing as i'm really insecure about getting the grades for kings or ucl i dont know what to have as my insurance..
i would really love to go to queen mary but is kings better for languages? or does it just have a better reputation for being one of the top unis in london in general?
Help please
tommy1311
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by __xSB)
Oh I wasn't sure just cause loads of people seem to have offers for Maths ...x
Don't worry! There will be plenty of people getting offers WAY after others.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads