Ashamed. :sigh:
I dread to think how long I've played things on the PS3 all together :|
hobo06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jermaindefoe)
also nazi zombies all but confirmed :coma: for black ops - it was obvious for the ££££ reason but still...
:woo: Is there much info on it yet?
JayAyy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not sure if it has been asked or done before (plus I've already used the search function), but has the new update messed up anybody else's PS3?

The update jams at 99%, then an error code comes up. When I restart the PS3, it tries to automatically update again, so I can't go to the menu or anything. My PS3 is stuck in a loophole
logic123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
try taking out the hard drive and reinsert it ;D
JayAyy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I done that, and it still doesn't work
logic123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
www.game.net, they got some great prices on PS3

JayAyy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm broke

But thanks anyway
Superman_Jr
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Did anyone get a message from your 'psn friends' talking about how ps3 are celebrating their 4th birthday or something and if you send a message to all your friends about it, you get £40 -psn store. I'm not sure if this is some trick or if it's true because £40 is a lot.
JayAyy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's probably a trick.
Then again, my PS3 doesn't work, so I wouldn't know
hobo06
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sounds the same as those emails/Facebook/MSN messages 'send this to 50 people and press F11 to reveal your crush/you get $10 from Bill Gates for every person that forwards it/you will get kissed on Monday/or else a monkey will come and rape you in the night' etc.

i.e. Bull
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by JayAyy)
Not sure if it has been asked or done before (plus I've already used the search function), but has the new update messed up anybody else's PS3?

The update jams at 99%, then an error code comes up. When I restart the PS3, it tries to automatically update again, so I can't go to the menu or anything. My PS3 is stuck in a loophole
Whats the error code? Or do you remember it rather?

Where can you get to? When does it loop?
Phalanges
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Superman_Jr)
Did anyone get a message from your 'psn friends' talking about how ps3 are celebrating their 4th birthday or something and if you send a message to all your friends about it, you get £40 -psn store. I'm not sure if this is some trick or if it's true because £40 is a lot.
Why would Sony give out money for you doing that?
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Superman_Jr)
Sony are making a profit whilst their Playstation division is making a loss and they are going to give out £40 to potentially millions of users (if this chain spam escalates) to spend on games which have cost developers' money and who, Sony, already pays so that users can get their games for free/discounted prices with PS+ (a subscription service which costs that much for a years sub)...

Does that sound legit? Or does it sound more like those fabricated chain messages one idiot starts on Hotmail, Yahoo, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, MySpace, Xbox Live, MSN and now PSN?

:p:
JayAyy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by spikeymike)
Whats the error code? Or do you remember it rather?

Where can you get to? When does it loop?
Something like '8002F310'.

When I tried to download the new update, it got stuck at 99% then the error code came up. So I turned on and off my PS3, and it automatically tried to download the update, getting stuck at 99% again. Then it just repeats
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Something like '8002F310'.

When I tried to download the new update, it got stuck at 99% then the error code came up. So I turned on and off my PS3, and it automatically tried to download the update, getting stuck at 99% again. Then it just repeats
Download the update on your computer from here:
http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/

Then copy it over on a USB pen drive, then manually update your PS3 on the XMB. Then turn the internet off, turn the modem/router or whatever you have off so it doesn't download anything. If all that doesn't work then you may have to restore your PS3.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/P...E/m-p/43684789
JayAyy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Download the update on your computer from here:
http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/

Then copy it over on a USB pen drive, then manually update your PS3 on the XMB. Then turn the internet off, turn the modem/router or whatever you have off so it doesn't download anything. If all that doesn't work then you may have to restore your PS3.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/P...E/m-p/43684789
I tired the USB thing yesterday and it didn't work. I also tried it without the internet being on and it still didn't work. It won't even allow me to go into Safe Mode
spikeymike
Rep:
?
I tired the USB thing yesterday and it didn't work. I also tried it without the internet being on and it still didn't work. It won't even allow me to go into Safe Mode
I'm stumped.
JayAyy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm stumped.
There's no way I can access the menu at all. It's like this hard drive has downloading the update as a main priority.

Should I try reformatting it on a computer or something?
spikeymike
Rep:
?
There's no way I can access the menu at all. It's like this hard drive has downloading the update as a main priority.

Should I try reformatting it on a computer or something?
I suppose you could, but you'd lose everything.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.87%
No (441)
73.13%

Watched Threads