(Original post by Mr Incredible)
    A brain.
    har har har... but seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    What's the wink for?
    The winks for you

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't quite see the obsession either...

She's pretty enough, I guess but nothing remarkable IMHO. Her acting's okay in Harry Potter, not brilliant but it's difficult to judge that properly only seeing her as that character. I like that she's not (at least not to my knowledge) doing drugs, drinking all the time or completely undignified like a lot of young celebs but she's not unique in this. And why do people go on about how down to earth, kind, humble she is when they don't know her and have never even met her? I'm not saying that she isn't but I don't think this is reason enough to be obsessed with her. A friend of a friend was an extra on Harry Potter and was a really big fan of hers but came away from it really disillusioned as apparently she was completely rude and arrogant. Again, not saying that she is, but you can never really know, can you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GQ.)
    The winks for you
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)

HATERS GONNA HATE!
    High - 5 Past-Yawn11, you're awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplesky)
    Yeah, I don't quite see the obsession either...

She's pretty enough, I guess but nothing remarkable IMHO. Her acting's okay in Harry Potter, not brilliant but it's difficult to judge that properly only seeing her as that character. I like that she's not (at least not to my knowledge) doing drugs, drinking all the time or completely undignified like a lot of young celebs but she's not unique in this. And why do people go on about how down to earth, kind, humble she is when they don't know her and have never even met her? I'm not saying that she isn't but I don't think this is reason enough to be obsessed with her. A friend of a friend was an extra on Harry Potter and was a really big fan of hers but came away from it really disillusioned as apparently she was completely rude and arrogant. Again, not saying that she is, but you can never really know, can you?
    wow, best post so far, pos rep tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linweth)
    I cannot believe you made a comparison of Emma Watson with all those other women. I'd hardly say Emma Watson was fake, sure I don't like her character in Harry Potter but she seems like a lovely person, far from fake. Just because she is average looking does not mean she cannot be put on a pedestal, as you can see it is her achievements that have made her 'goddess' like because not only is she of average beauty but she is also successful and intelligent which makes her more appealing to people with eyes.
    Agree with this. Some folk seem to have an irrational hatred of the lass because of her fame.

Off topic, but can I ask what topics you cover in your history course?

ReputationRep:
    What's so special about Emma Watson?

**** all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    Why?
    We should get it on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    she's beautiful, very pretty, hot, and attractive :love:

But set aside all that, she's a great woman with a lot of talent. She's a sensible down to earth person, humble, modest, smart, and sets a good example for young kids. She doesn't drink or smoke. She's also very studious, studying at a top IVY league school, university of Brown. That alone makes her a responsible person, and it also shows her desire for learning, which really sets an example to everyone out there, to us even...Emma has everything, fame, wealth, etc, however, she prefers education over all of them.

Emma Watson is truly an inspiration. Seriously though if I were ever to marry her, I'd be the luckiest guy in the whole world

(Original post by alharrison4)
    I love Emma Watson!

She's pretty, slim, natural, intelligent, articulate, independent, polite, has a lovely accent, talented, confident, ambitious, modest, an icon of the modern strong woman, sensible, all round amazing.

All of this yet still seems down to earth, like someone you could chat to!

I could go on!
    Err.... do yous actually know her?

I say over-rated. She was lucky, got picked for Harry Potty - now she's loaded and all that jazz.

Yes she's pretty, but not stunning. I can probs name at least a dozen girls, if you compared emma to them, you'd not throw her a second glance. (since I can't judge character)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
    I can probs name at least a dozen girls, if you compared emma to them, you'd not throw her a second glance. (since I can't judge character)
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Such a simple concept, yet so many people don't seem to grasp it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    wow, best post so far, pos rep tomorrow
    Oh dear, the "my friend was an extra " story :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't read the rest of posts but I AGREE SO MUCH WITH YOU OP. Pisses me off so much when ANY person (particularly celebrities) get so much irrational and illogical crazy admiration.

Yes, she seems like a nice enough person
    No, she's not a particularly good actor
    Yes, she must be smart
    No, she's not anything outstanding in the looks department, especially because she's a celebrity with all that money getting her makeup, hair and clothes done for her and pictures airbrushed

.........WHO ****ING CARES

If we all went mental over all the average-looking people who seem nice from afar.......well it just drives me mental.

The thing that annoys me most is how she's not very good at acting and that's how she got famous.

ReputationRep:
    jealous much?

Emma is awesome, I wish I could be more like her, you wont find many people like her.

having said that, I find her constant efforts to "be normal" and pretend not to be famous a bit condescending. "it helps me keep in touch with real life"...come on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Resonanse)
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Such a simple concept, yet so many people don't seem to grasp it...
    That statement is way to ambiguous for my liking

But if somebody is stunning, many will agree. That person may not be your type you, but you can acknowledge the fact that that person is good looking. E.g - I doubt many people will say that Aishwarya Rai is ugly

If somebody looks like Gollum, many will agree that the dude is ugly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Oh dear, the "my friend was an extra " story :lol:
    and?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    jealous much?

Emma is awesome, I wish I could be more like her, you wont find many people like her.

having said that, I find her constant efforts to "be normal" and pretend not to be famous a bit condescending. "it helps me keep in touch with real life"...come on!
    I don't know where you're getting this jealousy from. Halle Berry,Scarlett Johanson, Natalie Portman are all beautiful woman with immense talent. Am I jealous of them? No. I can appreciate talent and beauty. I just think she's pretty and an OK actress, insult me all you want.

what I said to some other guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Oh right, you live close to Brown right. You saw her?
    Aye, and my roommate sees her lovely face every other day in his Philosophy class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I don't know where you're getting this jealousy from. Halle Berry,Scarlett Johanson, Natalie Portman are all beautiful woman with immense talent. Am I jealous of them? No. I can appreciate talent and beauty. I just think she's pretty and an OK actress, insult me all you want.

what I said to some other guy.
    and apparently you're touchy too.

sorry but the fact that you basically said in your op "no im not jealous and to everyone who says otherwise screw you", before anyone even made such a suggestion, simply intensifies the fact that, deep down, you are. Or at least it makes it look like youre jealous. If you're not, then dont mention it in the first place, simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    I fail to see the fascination. Yes, she's smart but stunning? That's kinda pushing it.

Probably because girls like you are intelligent but ugly.

Emma watson is hot and intelligent and rich. Why would you want anything else??

go cry in the corner and die of jealousy..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.