Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    WikiLeaks cables: 'Rude' Prince Andrew shocks US ambassador
    Duke railed against France, British anti-corruption investigations into BAE and American ignorance, leaked dispatches reveal

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/no...-prince-andrew

ReputationRep:
    Wikileaks cables reveal China 'ready to abandon North Korea'
    Leaked dispatches show Beijing is frustrated with military actions of 'spoiled child' and increasingly favours reunified Korea

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...eunified-korea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    Geez just how many country leaders and officials has the US ****ged off? Like seriously, they really are the *******s of the world
    The thing I don't understand is WHY the countries kept documents ****ging other countries off ... I'd understand if it involved something which compromised security/safety but making a written record of irrelevant criticisms is immature and pointless.

It reminds me of the movie Mean Girls where they kept some lame Burn Book where they *****ed about everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    And I bet you anything it's all the same thing, Pakistan is aiding the Taliban, Iran is aiding Al Quaeda, Iran has nuclear weapons.

Why would they prosecute Wikileaks? Wikileaks seems to be doing them a favour.

I think you have an issue of taking everything at face value, and blindly believing everything the U.S government and Wikileaks say. The truth is that we know extremely little about Julian Assange, his agenda, his motivations, who he actually is. We also know next to nothing about Wikileaks, who runs it, what's their agenda, who funds it. Except for George Soros.
    Of course it benefits America. People like you previously thought that they entered the region on false pretenses and for oil. It must be a hard pill to swallow knowing that chemical weapons (supplied by Iran) were found which under definition are MWD's. It also turns out the surrounding countries are very concerned about Iran.

Some of the other cables also show interesting things such as NATO ally Turkey aiding Al-Qaieda & China waning their support of NK which is huge.

While it does benefit the likes of America & Israel in the sense that they have some sort of justification (this isn't a bad thing) it also has the potential to harm international relations (see Turkey) as well as endangering individual lives. This is why they'd rather it stay quiet but since it's out why not reap the benefits?

Wow yes how wrong were all of we. America is actually a shining beacon of hope. Thankyou wikileaks for showing us all to be wrong with your facts. These heavily censored documents, censored by a shadowy organisation no one knows anything about is providing what people think is the historical truth. It's great because nobody can claim there's any spin or doctoring involved because they were accidently "leaked".

Now we believe USA never really wanted to get involved with Iran and is now being pressured to by everyone else. Really? Do they really expect us to believe this tripe?
    You either have reading comprehension problems or have impaired vision due to your American hate tinted glasses. That's not what he said or insinuated at all. What he was saying is that America perhaps isn't the oil hungry imperialistic war machine people like YOU would want to believe and instead they are also acting in the interests of other nations.

Also you talk about blindly believing. Where do you get your hatred and negativity towards America from? Taking the news at face value and believing conspiracies blindly no doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, WikiLeaks isn't doing as much damage as I hoped for. But then again, they only released 200ish documents out, while 100.000 more are kept.

Lets get some juicy stuff on 'Merica's murder campaign and deface the **** out of em'!

Go WIKI!

ReputationRep:
    WikiLeaks row: China wants Korean reunification, officials confirm
    Chinese officials speak after Guardian US embassy cables reveal Beijing is leaning towards acceptance of reunification under Seoul's control

Jesus, just imagine what is going through the North Korean's heads right now. They are so ****ed.

'Damn Kim, maybe we shouldn't of been so trigger-happy over the last few months?!'
    'Field Marshall Song of the ever glorious sunny republic, I feel that your comments...are.....are...'<keels over and dies of heart attack>

YEAH i read a thing in the metro about it was jokes!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RyanT)
      WikiLeaks row: China wants Korean reunification, officials confirm
      Chinese officials speak after Guardian US embassy cables reveal Beijing is leaning towards acceptance of reunification under Seoul's control

Jesus, just imagine what is going through the North Korean's heads right now. They are so ****ed.

'Damn Kim, maybe we shouldn't of been so trigger-happy over the last few months?!'
      'Field Marshall Song of the ever glorious sunny republic, I feel that your comments...are.....are...'<keels over and dies of heart attack>

It could make them even more deranged. What have they got to lose?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Organ)
      It could make them even more deranged. What have they got to lose?
      The leaders personally? Quite a lot. They don't live in the poverty the people do, remember. A lot of their "deranged" behaviour is reasonably logical; we're just not used to it as we don't have to deal with powerful dictatorships of that form.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sahil112)
      WOW Saudi sucks american **** big time!!!
      Heard a good qoute today.

The saudi's will fight Iran to the last American solider.

(Original post by Aj12)
        Heard a good qoute today.

The saudi's will fight Iran to the last American solider.
        huh thats odd

ReputationRep:
        From the wikileaks facebook page:

DDOS attack now exceeding 10 Gigabits a second.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Guvnor)
        From the wikileaks facebook page:

DDOS attack now exceeding 10 Gigabits a second.
        I'm fairly computer illiterate, do you mind translating what that means?
        • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by blueray)
        huh thats odd
        Means the Saudi's will allow America to fight Iran rather than do it themselves.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Organ)
        I'm fairly computer illiterate, do you mind translating what that means?

Its an attack that all corporations, websites absolutely hate as can bring down your services etc depending on how strong it is, read this for some basic info on what a DDOS is :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Not the best of sources, but its okay for an introduction.

10 gigabits is the speed.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by MoanyLisa)
        http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/cable...SHKEK1095.html
        It's quite a funny read.

Also Ecuador has offered Assange residency, no questions asked. A safe haven.

The first link does not work :holmes:

Not bad getting a free passport :cool:

ReputationRep:
        http://newsjunkiepost.com/2010/11/29...amage-control/

like Major, dmg control, american government

really? It's working for me. :confused:
          wow you have nice hacks because for me it says

"This web page is not available.

The web page at http://cablegate.wikileaks.org/cable...SHKEK1095.html might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error" LOL:eek:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by thisisnew)
          Of course it benefits America. People like you previously thought that they entered the region on false pretenses and for oil. It must be a hard pill to swallow knowing that chemical weapons (supplied by Iran) were found which under definition are MWD's. It also turns out the surrounding countries are very concerned about Iran.

Some of the other cables also show interesting things such as NATO ally Turkey aiding Al-Qaieda & China waning their support of NK which is huge.

While it does benefit the likes of America & Israel in the sense that they have some sort of justification (this isn't a bad thing) it also has the potential to harm international relations (see Turkey) as well as endangering individual lives. This is why they'd rather it stay quiet but since it's out why not reap the benefits?

You either have reading comprehension problems or have impaired vision due to your American hate tinted glasses. That's not what he said or insinuated at all. What he was saying is that America perhaps isn't the oil hungry imperialistic war machine people like YOU would want to believe and instead they are also acting in the interests of other nations.

Also you talk about blindly believing. Where do you get your hatred and negativity towards America from? Taking the news at face value and believing conspiracies blindly no doubt.
          Christ, you're the one taking the news at face value. Iraq didn't have WMDs, Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapons programme. America will go to war with Iran for oil, energy resources etc.

America is EXTREMELY imperialistic, their foreign policy is to basically create a U.S hegemony worldwide. If you don't accept this then you are extremely naive.

The "damage" these leaks causes is extremely limited, whilst exposing corrupt foreign politicians without the U.S getting the blame for the leak. How convenient.

What you are seeing is a type of psychologically warfare aimed to make Iran seem more dangerous than it is and slander Turkey and Pakistan. And lastly but not as important, damage reputations of certain foreign politicians.

Lastly I came to all these conclusions months ago, the leak starting on Monday convinced me.

ReputationRep:
          really? It's working for me. :confused:

It is now on firefox, but was not working on Chrome for some reason.

Cheers for the link :yy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.