Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    They're going to be broken up and the pieces used to build stuff in 3rd world countries. That's part of what impressed the voters apparently.
    Qatar moneymen bidding, winning the bid and hosting the WC to satisfy their own overinflated egos.

Sounds like alot of oil money pissed up the wall if all they'll be doing is breaking down brand spanking new stadiums and donating them to 3rd world countries. Suggests to me that there can't be much of an enthusiasm for football in Qatar and amongst the Qatar population.

3rd world countries need food, drink and plans that support a longevity to any kind of economical and societal development, not recycled football stadiums. FML. Blatter and other FIFA executives are a joke. Laughing stock of football. They're damaging the integrity and prestige of the world cup event tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb9191)
    No one will go to Russia to watch the world cup.

1. Its full of racists and there fans are notorious for racist chants and violence
    2. they have **** artificial pitches which cause serious injuries
    3. its a horrible country miles out of the way and its cold
    4. No one likes them because of the cold war

I hope Arsenal fans throw things at Arshavin's dirty meerkat head.

Russia clearly won as they have given a number of FIFA representatives back handers with black money, the mafia runs the country so therefore they can afford to give away black money.

The country of Russia is extremely racist, even towards their own players like Martins who plays for Rubin Kazan. Keisuke Honda also gets a lot of stick because he is asian.

I certainly won't be attending the 2018 World Cup now that its being held in such a volatile nation, I will instead focus myself on going to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar - A beautiful country which is well looked after and did not cheat to win the 2022 bid. I will spend my money in their country rather than feed the greedy mafia run country that is Russia.

Football in the UK (FA,FAW,SFA) should pull out of ****ty FIFA and go independent because without England being tied to that ****ty organisation they can go on to do great things.

As an independent footballing country we could introduce things such as goal line technology which FIFA are too stupid to implement.

Most players would still want to come to the premiership to play football due to the wages they can demand. The premiership would still be more powerful and FIFA/UEFA (AKA ****ty Corrupt Snobs Who Know Nothing About Football) would have nothing.

Look at the champions league for the most of the time.

One year

Chelsea/United final - Liverpool in semi's - 3/4 in semi's were English

Liverpool 2005 winners, 2007 finalists,
    Man Utd - 2008 winners

Basically, without English football, UEFA would be clinging onto teams like Barca, Madrid, AC Milan and Inter. The latter two both play very slow football which most of the time is very unexciting to watch. English football makes it happen.

How the hell do Russia get the WC? Their domestic teams have done nothing ever in the history of football to ever warrant it.

No one who walks around in a suit like a proper posh bigot should decide the future of football. It should be decided by people like Beckham, Zidane, Totti etc Ambassadors for the sport to bring through the youth and do what is the best for football - not politics.

Therefore, I and many others I have spoken to are boycotting the ****ty Russian world cup 2018.

Roll on Qatar 2022.
    Wow. Just wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    I really want information to come out that proves Russia bought the World Cup. Perhaps then we can sort out the corruption in FIFA, so that they give World Cups to the nation with the best bid, not the most mafia money.
    Wikileaks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    1. Thats true, but this is the same with Spain and Italy (even more so!)

England has had a very successful campaign against racism in football.

2. No other Country has them of course..

None of the pitches included that were going to be used by England has artificial pitches. Its always brought to attention whenever an English team has to go to Russia to play in the Champions League/Europa League that the artificial pitches Russia has are to blame for many injuries. Its why you often see top players dropped by the top teams when they travel to Russia to play Spartak etc.

3. Have you been to Russia to know if its "horrible" or not? Its cold, because its the only cold country out there..

Yeah I have been to Russia so therefore I can pass judgement and to some it up in one word would be "****!"

4. youre an idiot.

No I am not. Do you know how much Americans still hate Russia? They hate them with a vengeance and if the USA qualify I doubt many fans will be happy to go. It could even start or boost political issues. Well done FIFA on possibly starting WW3.

Im not saying that Russia's hosting skills are the best, but im reserving any comment till I actually see it ja know?
    Its going to be worse than the LDV Vans Trophy - Enough Said.

Its going to full of bribes to referees and the mafia will definitely control it and therefore Russia will do very well in it even though they are crap. Just you wait and see. Plus African nations that qualify and South Americans will get tons of racial abuse. Even England players will. It will be a disaster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazza888)
    Russians presentation was by far better than ours. I think one of the deciders was their free visas and free train travel for world cup ticket holders. Having said that our bid overall was by far better and we should have gone for 2022 instead because i think we would have smashed that. Definitely a bit of bribery involved i reckon and ambramovic is no stranger to that.

FFS
    We couldn't have gone for 2022! It's rotated around continents!

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: haha

ReputationRep:
    How are FIFA going to justify the monkey chants and attacks against black people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannymccs)
    I agree. It's ironic that you virtually get penalised for having the stadia and infrastructure already in place. The idea of a 'legacy' was clearly pivotal in the decisions for 2018 and 2022, rather than the ability to run a 32-team international tournament.
    Exactly. It doesn't matter if you've got racist fans, terrible infrastructure and a Mafia government. As long as you put the stadiums to use afterwards, you can have it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe the Panorama programme, the Triesman situation etc, have had an impact upon the decision-making. FIFA just currently seem to have a boner for giving the WC to brand hew hosts and I'm not sure anything could have changed this tbh.

Regardless, Panorama won't have aided matters. Gary Linekar stopped writing for a newspaper because he and the newspaper took opposing stances regarding a particular issue. Some will say the BBC sabotaged England's bid to host the WC, wonder what Linekar thinks about this given that he's a BBC employee.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Lucy :))
    How are FIFA going to justify the monkey chants and attacks against black people?
    They'll turn a blind eye as they always do, long as they got their money from Roman Abromovich that's all they care about.

ReputationRep:
    No one will go to Russia to watch the world cup.

1. Its full of racists and there fans are notorious for racist chants and violence
    2. they have **** artificial pitches which cause serious injuries
    3. its a horrible country miles out of the way and its cold
    4. No one likes them because of the cold war

Russia clearly won as they have given a number of FIFA representatives back handers with black money, the mafia runs the country so therefore they can afford to give away black money.

The country of Russia is extremely racist, even towards their own players like Martins who plays for Rubin Kazan. Keisuke Honda also gets a lot of stick because he is asian.

I certainly won't be attending the 2018 World Cup now that its being held in such a volatile nation, I will instead focus myself on going to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar - A beautiful country which is well looked after and did not cheat to win the 2022 bid. I will spend my money in their country rather than feed the greedy mafia run country that is Russia.

Football in the UK (FA,FAW,SFA) should pull out of ****ty FIFA and go independent because without England being tied to that ****ty organisation they can go on to do great things.

As an independent footballing country we could introduce things such as goal line technology which FIFA are too stupid to implement.

Most players would still want to come to the premiership to play football due to the wages they can demand. The premiership would still be more powerful and FIFA/UEFA (AKA ****ty Corrupt Snobs Who Know Nothing About Football) would have nothing.

Look at the champions league for the most of the time.

One year

Chelsea/United final - Liverpool in semi's - 3/4 in semi's were English

Liverpool 2005 winners, 2007 finalists,
    Man Utd - 2008 winners

Basically, without English football, UEFA would be clinging onto teams like Barca, Madrid, AC Milan and Inter. The latter two both play very slow football which most of the time is very unexciting to watch. English football makes it happen.

How the hell do Russia get the WC? Their domestic teams have done nothing ever in the history of football to ever warrant it.

No one who walks around in a suit like a proper posh bigot should decide the future of football. It should be decided by people like Beckham, Zidane, Totti etc Ambassadors for the sport to bring through the youth and do what is the best for football - not politics.

Therefore, I and many others I have spoken to are boycotting the ****ty Russian world cup 2018.

Roll on Qatar 2022.
    Hahahaha! I fear you're insane! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    BBC

The smart thing they could have done is put the episode after the decision. Whether we won or lost, there wouldn't be any difference.
    If it's the BBC's fault, then it's also FIFA's fault. If they weren't so corrupt, the BBC and the rest of the press wouldn't have anything to root out. And FIFA should respect freedom of the press.

ReputationRep:
    Its going to be worse than the LDV Vans Trophy - Enough Said.
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Russia is a better choice than South Africa so that's an improvement. Qatar is just a novelty.

ReputationRep:
    But who really won? Russia? Qatar? Or Sepp Blatter's wallet? :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    If it's the BBC's fault, then it's also FIFA's fault. If they weren't so corrupt, the BBC and the rest of the press wouldn't have anything to root out. And FIFA should respect freedom of the press.
    FIFA is corrupt! But we can't change that, that's why we heve to work around it. If we want it to change FIFA's ways then we could of done it after the decision was made instead of before and risking the biggest sporting event in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    Return plane tickets will probably be a lot more than that! Currently, they're about a grand if you book them 5/6 months in advance.. They know they're going to sell all their tickets for the time of the World Cup, so no doubt they will be pretty high even a year in advance.

Brazil is a lot more expensive than people believe! Domestic flights around Brazil are about 150-200 pounds, even just to Rio from another city.

Get saving!
    Wow, seriously? I thought I was being pretty liberal with my estimates! I do really want to go to 2014, though... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Its good.
    Africa then South America and then Europe/Asia (however you look at it) and then the Middle East. This is a WORLD cup..not a European cup! So its right that it should be held in various places around the world.
    Having calmed down and watched the research i agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    ffs just wtf, **** Russia **** the BBC **** Fifa corrupted ****ers, cant believe we got knocked out in the first round :wtf:

just bleh :sigh: wc aint coming home anytime soon :emo: would have been nice to host it :moon:

and Qatar :awesome::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    FIFA is corrupt! But we can't change that, that's why we heve to work around it. If we want it to change FIFA's ways then we could of done it after the decision was made instead of before and risking the biggest sporting event in the world.
    I still don't think we should blame the BBC; they had every right to investigate and expose FIFA. As much as I want a World Cup in England, I value freedom of speech and press more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.