Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NSPCC Campaign on facebook : to stop violence against children Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just find it weird how I've got a random add 'hey sexy' when my profile pic is Sebastian the crab from The Little Mermaid :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Now im getting an avalanche of

'Btw folks... STOP PUTTING YOUR PROFILE PICS AS CARTOONS IT WAS PEDOS THAT MADE THE GROUP SO THAT KIDS WOULD ACCEPT THERE FRIEND REQUEST IF THEY HAD A CARTOON PHOTO UP. THERE IS GOING TO BE SOMETHING ABOUT IT ON THE TELLY TONIGHT! LET PPL KNOW!'

Pisses me off how stupid some people on this planet are.

ReputationRep:
    I think the main reason was to raise awareness. Not everyone knows about it and by having the status it may get people to look it up and recognise and understand exactly what the charity stands for.

Ok not everyone will look into it but just those few could make a difference, may even lead to making a donation, or gaining knowlege and prevent or even help a child in that position

At end of the day its not hurting anyone and its not pointless... those who think it is then dont do it? why moan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guvnor)
    Change your Facebook profile picture to a character from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same, for the NSPCC. Until Monday (December 6), there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is a campaign to stop violence against children.

You probably have come across the above message now with everyone posting it as their status.

This campaign is getting pretty big now on facebook, with everyone changing their profile pics to pics of their favourite characters, anybody else taking part ?

I changed mine for this campaign to a pic of Simba from lion king

What about you ?
    I did change mine to teenage mutant ninja turtles but i found out the whole thing was organised by pedophiles who will find it easier to add young children as friends on facebook if their identity (true of false) is hidden!!!!!!!
    therefore i have changed it back now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guvnor)
    Change your Facebook profile picture to a character from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same, for the NSPCC. Until Monday (December 6), there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is a campaign to stop violence against children.

You probably have come across the above message now with everyone posting it as their status.

This campaign is getting pretty big now on facebook, with everyone changing their profile pics to pics of their favourite characters, anybody else taking part ?

I changed mine for this campaign to a pic of Simba from lion king

What about you ?
    The Wild Thornberry's . Anyone, besides me love that show!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.