Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eurovision Song Contest 2011 Society Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hmm odd...

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Estonia and Romania are through

ReputationRep:
    Wow, they're through! Well done Jedward... I've never said that before!

ReputationRep:
    :woo: JEDWARD!!!

I can't believe I just said that :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    YES!!! I KNEW Jedward would get through.

Moldova!!

ReputationRep:
      Hmm not rooting for jedward..they annoy me a bit. They are adults that need putting in a time out.

(Original post by SpiritedAway)
        Hmm not rooting for jedward..they annoy me a bit. They are adults that need putting in a time out.
        I'm glad someone else sees sense, too

ReputationRep:
        Hungary or UK to win. I never ever support the UK because we send **** but I want Blue to win.

ReputationRep:
        Happy with tonights semi final result really wanted Slovakia through aswell. So happy that Jedward are through they were brilliant!!

ReputationRep:
        How Moldova made it through the jury is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
        This is actually the first ESC I've seen with a jury, how does that work??

I liked Moldova, I thought they were pretty original. And let's face it, they were no more batty than what jedward were.

ReputationRep:
        I didn't really like the song but I think Finland will win because it's 'different' like Germany and Norway in the previous years.

Also, I hope the British presenters don't do it next year - They wound me up the ENTIRE time. Sarah Cox because she did really awkward interviews and (can't remember the voice over man's name) because he kept talking over the main parts and then saying they didn't have much to say.. Of course they didn't - he just talked through them :/

ReputationRep:
        Its pretty funny, Jedward are near the top of bookies favourites. Still, France leads with the best odds.

ReputationRep:
        After the semifinal 2 drawing their final placings, I think some of the countries may drop down the table.
        eg. 5. Hungary 6. Ireland 7. Sweden and 8. Estonia are all upbeat songs and so it may become a bit of a blur.
        14. UK I think has a better chance between 13. Switzerland (cute song) and 15. Moldova (ermm....)

Can't wait till tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by sango)
        :woo: JEDWARD!!!

I can't believe I just said that :facepalm2:
        haha Yeah, i kinda feel the same! They did my head in at first, but that song is so catchy

ReputationRep:
        Second favourites?

Lol

http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/863186-jed...n-song-contest

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I doubt that. Think most of those figures are based on Irish and UK betting sites, so they're not that accurate. Here's hoping for the top 5 though! In a way would be great to win but I doubt that'd be good economically, queen's visit and obama's are seriously expensive and tough to afford as it is.

ReputationRep:
        Glad Moldova's through. They're popular here in Romania, and I like the fact that they're nonconformists. In 2006 (if memory serves me right) they were 6th with the song "Bunica bate toba" (translated: Grandma plays drum). Though this year, the song's not that good.

I tell you: Jedward'll win.

ReputationRep:
        I'm strangely excited for tonight! I wish it didn't coincide with Britain's got talent

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.