Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've tried it. It's nothing special.

The only people who make a big deal about smoking marijuana are the ones who are too immature to really appreciate it. There's nothing cool or brag-worthy about smoking weed; it's just something to do if you enjoy the sensation.

TLDR; OP probably sucks more dicks than joints.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n00)
    Rubbish. You need an expensive vaporizer, precise temperature. Too hot and you might as well smoke it too cold and you wont get high and even then you will not eliminate all the undesirables.

I have used a volcano btw, it is very nice just wish i had the £300 to buy one.
    I've got a volcano, I wouldn't recommend anyone buying one.

ReputationRep:
    Can't find a dealer.
    But a friend of mine has some connections so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving just isn't for you :yy:

I'm blazing later, should be awesome.
    Will be the first time I've seen one of my closest mates in about... 3 weeks :sad:
    NB: The sad emote isn't because I'm seeing him, it's because I haven't seen him in ages. No homo.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm not a retard.

Let's see: it costs money which I could spend on more worthwhile things; there is a serious health risk; I would be expelled from school (someone else in my year was); it's illegal.

That do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    I've got a volcano, I wouldn't recommend anyone buying one.
    I hears that vaporisers are easier to use, but never used either myself. Why wouldn't you recommend a volcano?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh993)
    because its bad for you! that's what they told me at school
    So are so many things in life, it's about weighing the negative and positives and making an informed choice. It's different for everyone.

i mean there are people who do free style rock climbing with absolutely no equipment.. way way more risky than drugs, but they are allowed to do it, it's their choice.

ReputationRep:
    I have no interest in it or any other form of recreational drug. Besides, my asthma wouldn't really like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spetznaaz)
    So are so many things in life, it's about weighing the negative and positives and making an informed choice. It's different for everyone.

i mean there are people who do free style rock climbing with absolutely no equipment.. way way more risky than drugs, but they are allowed to do it, it's their choice.
    in fairness mate it was a tad sarcastic!
    I haven't tried it because I don't want to above all...i'm hyper 90% of the time and dont need no green to increase my everlasting sense of euphoria !

ReputationRep:
    I have not done so because occasionally I like being a person who has not done something the majority of people have tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I have no interest in it or any other form of recreational drug. Besides, my asthma wouldn't really like it.
    Cannabis is actually used by a number of people to treat asthma. As i said earlier, it's a bronchodilator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh993)
    in fairness mate it was a tad sarcastic!
    I haven't tried it because I don't want to above all...i'm hyper 90% of the time and dont need no green to increase my everlasting sense of euphoria !
    Lol fair one

ReputationRep:

That's good logic. You could argue anything is a good choice for someone based on that. People who do free style rock climbing are idiots, it's so ridiculously dangerous. The fact that drugs are less harmful just means people who do drugs are stupid to a lesser degree.

It's similar to the argument about alcohol. Everyone who wants drugs to be decriminalised says "Alcohol's legal and it's worse than weed". That's totally irrelevant. Alcohol is legal. That is unlikely to change as it is embedded within society. However, that doesn't mean that, if it was discovered today, with all of its harmful effects, it would necessarily be made legal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vindobona)
    As much as I always enjoy the occasional joint, I don't like to smoke before going clubbing... I get a bit overwhelmed and antisocial when I'm stoned at a nightclub. But I still do this mistake quite often. When someone lights up at the pre-party or something, I'm always like "ok, why not".

It makes you think (very deep and intelligent stuff actually), it makes you creative, it makes you understand things in a different way, it makes you enjoy videogames, music, TV Series and movies, it makes you appreciate nature when you smoke while walking in a forest, but for me it's definitely NOT a party drug.
    This is so true. The number of times I've had some crazy thoughts (that actually make sense:eek:) is ridiculous. I would never come up with stuff like that otherwise.

Also, I would def recommend smoking with people you've known for time, cos you will have some serious conversations :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    That's good logic. You could argue anything is a good choice for someone based on that. People who do free style rock climbing are idiots, it's so ridiculously dangerous. The fact that drugs are less harmful just means people who do drugs are stupid to a lesser degree.

It's similar to the argument about alcohol. Everyone who wants drugs to be decriminalised says "Alcohol's legal and it's worse than weed". That's totally irrelevant. Alcohol is legal. That is unlikely to change as it is embedded within society. However, that doesn't mean that, if it was discovered today, with all of its harmful effects, it would necessarily be made legal.
    Idioctic? maybe.. but it must be ****ing exhilarating.

I do not think the alcohol legal argument is irrelevant.

People such as myself are considered criminals in the eyes of the law. We have our rights violated, our homes raided, we get put in prison, and all because we choose to use a different, safer drug.

Drug use should NEVER be a criminal issue, it should be a health issue.

If someone wants to take up a dangerous sport that really gives them no benefit apart from fun, that that's their right as a human being to do so.

If someone wants to use drugs, that is also their right, it's up to them to decide what they ingest.

No one ever has the right to control you from the skin inwards. It's your life, and as long as you are not infringing on the rights of others, you should do whatever the **** you want.

ReputationRep:
    Cannabis is actually used by a number of people to treat asthma. As i said earlier, it's a bronchodilator.
    Aye, if used in it's pure form, maybe, but combined with tobacco, it won't be so good for me. Smoke in general is my main trigger, so no thanks. Not every asthma sufferer is the same you know.

Besides, that treatment you're advocating is not recognised by doctors, who are quite happy to recognise cannabis's medical benefits in other areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    Lol you must be about 17 im guessing??.... Ive just never felt the need to smoke tbh.... Its quite easy to get it but just cba really because when its late I just get high on night.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Aye, if used in it's pure form, maybe, but combined with tobacco, it won't be so good for me. Smoke in general is my main trigger, so no thanks. Not every asthma sufferer is the same you know.

Besides, that treatment you're advocating is not recognised by doctors, who are quite happy to recognise cannabis's medical benefits in other areas.
    But the evidence is there to suggest it helps. And yea, mixing it with tobacco would be counter-productive considering tobacco is a bronchoconstrictor.

I have mild asthma, but i couldn't really comment on whether cannabis helps because i smoke **** and use baccy in my spliffs.

The dealers really freak me out

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by KellyWellyWoo537)
      Go to Amsterdam!
      Went there earlier this year. Only a couple of my friends smoke weed, so that's not really the main thing we were there for. I'm not really fussed about going out of my way to try it, but if my friends were having some hash cakes or something I'd join in. But while we were there they only smoked it so I didn't have any.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.