Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
I got an email:

Due to an issue with Cambridge post yesterday, your decision letters will
be delivered 24 hours later than anticipated. You will be able to see your
decision on UCAS from Friday 7 January. Students within the UK should
receive their letters tomorrow also.
Original post by metjush
Economics and Peterhouse. It's crazy I know, but I doubt it is a mistake. But I'll wait for the physical letter should anything change :biggrin:

Hello, I do take IB too, and find it very hard and even not too useful to score a 45 in IB, it won't make any difference when you have appropriate HL subjects at a high level.

But is it based on your predicted score?
Original post by metjush
I've just got the decision letter by email and I am utterly confused. Yes, I got an offer, I should be happy and all, but the conditions are ridiculous - 45 in the IB diploma and 9 overall in IELTS + 9 in the Writing section. That can't be managed, it's just crazy. Is there anyone here who had a following experience? That is, a condition on scoring 45 in the IB? (And, in addition, Band 9 in IELTS is the highest - usually international applicants are required to achieve something around 7 or 7.5 overall even for Oxbridge)

well CONGRATS FOR THE OFFER!!!! :biggrin: but whaaaat? 45??? the typical IB conditional offer is like 42. look on your colleges website and see what their offer usually is. it should say on it. im pretty sure they made a mistake because 45 is pretty impossible to get haha
Reply 263
Original post by EdHawks
I got an email:

That's one unbelievably bad lie if i ever saw one. They happened to tell a US student in one, badly written sentence, what happens to UK applicants too, but nowhere else.
Reply 264
I got the same email. I was so ready to find out if I had an offer, but I guess I'll have to wait another day.

Dear Candidate

Due to an issue with Cambridge post yesterday, your decision letters will be delivered 24 hours later than anticipated. You will be able to see your decision on UCAS from Friday 7 January. Students within the UK should receive their letters tomorrow also.

Please be aware of the number of applicants this effects before ringing our office. We may not be able to tend to your call straight away and ask you to be patient.

Also, they mean affects, not effects, right?
Reply 265
Original post by tropicalia_la
well CONGRATS FOR THE OFFER!!!! :biggrin: but whaaaat? 45??? the typical IB conditional offer is like 42. look on your colleges website and see what their offer usually is. it should say on it. im pretty sure they made a mistake because 45 is pretty impossible to get haha

Thanks. But I doubt it is a mistake because (1) the IELTS condition also asks for top score and (2) there are no subject-specific conditions, which are usual in Cam conditional offers (well, when not asking for full 45 :biggrin:).
Reply 266
Original post by Choirboy
When I came on this morning and saw how many new posts there were in this offer thread I became very excited about how many of us were lucky! Argh! This has just become another chat thread. :frown:

There is a thread for decisions : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1505103 some people have offers already.
I got an offer from Trinity College to read Engineering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so so happy!!!

Congrats to all offer holders!!! :biggrin:
Offer from Gonville & Cauis to read CompSci!!!

Very happy :biggrin:
Original post by EdHawks
I got an email:

Hi Ed!
OFFER!
Corpus Christi
Law

SO HAPPY!
Reply 271
Offer for Maths at Downing :biggrin:
Reply 272
Original post by Hermione17
I got an offer from Trinity College to read Engineering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so so happy!!!

Congrats to all offer holders!!! :biggrin:

Original post by TomMcCarthy
Offer from Gonville & Cauis to read CompSci!!!

Very happy :biggrin:

Original post by daisy.noble
OFFER!
Corpus Christi
Law

SO HAPPY!

Original post by Schnecke
Offer for Maths at Downing :biggrin:

Finally good news! Congratulations! Really pleased for you!
Are they feasible offers or atrocious ones?
Reply 273

Thanks, have you heard yet?

A*AA! Should be fine :smile: X

Thanks! :biggrin:

I don't know the conditions yet. My college only sent the email to say I got the offer, details of the offer were sent by post, but I haven't received that letter
Reply 276
any offers from Emmanuel come through? I've not heard anything :frown:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!! :biggrin:

:woo::woo::woo::woo:
Offer from Trinity for maths :biggrin:
Reply 279
Original post by jonnyboy1993
Offer from Trinity for maths :biggrin:

Yay, well done :woo:, what are your STEP conditions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending