Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I tie my laces with 2 bows
    At meals I eat the food I think tastes the worst first and leave the best untill last
    Apparently a cheese and tomato sauce sandwich is weird?
    Some of my mates took the mick because I didn't say car the right way
    and I speak Welsh

ReputationRep:
    . I cannot bring myself to use central heating because it feels too stuffy, so I am usually seen wearing jacket upon jacket indoors.

. Sometimes if my hands are dry after washing them with soap, I wash them again with milk instead of using moisturiser.

. I've deluded myself that 1 unit of port is equivalent to one massive glass. I can therefore polish off a bottle of it and claim to only have had 4 units of alcohol.

. I have some teddies on my bookcase, and if one night I decide to bid one goodnight, I have to go around each one of them individually, otherwise I feel incredibly cruel.

. I sometimes say the Lord's Prayer in Latin before bed, even though I am not a Christian. It just gives the day a sense of finality.

. When I am conversing banally with someone, I mentally picture the person in different dramatic scenarios; ie during sex, at a funeral, et cetera.

. My accent is rather archaic for some reason, and I still tap my R's in words like 'marry' 'very' et cetera. I find it terribly embarrassing, so often end up just muffling incomprehensibly when in the company of new acquaintances.

. Ice cream only tastes satisfying to me if it is eaten in a coupe champagne glass. I think it was because years ago at a party it was served in them and I have fond memories of that day. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I make a coughing sound when I sneeze..

ReputationRep:
    I do nothing differently to other people and I can tell you that that is different to other people, hang on does that make sense or is it just in my head.

ReputationRep:
    I tie my shoes differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ApexPredator)
    This might sound a bit silly but.. my house is quite old and we don't have a single bathroom upstairs. Instead we have a toilet in one room and a bathroom in the other. The toilet is old school with the cistern and flush quite high up. Ever since I can remember, I have to open the door before I can flush the toilet. I think it may stem from the fact that flushing is loud and I may have been afraid of the noise when I was younger.
    I use to do this as a child and use to imagine all these monsters being able to escape when I flushed the toilet and they would kill me or something, it actually really creeped me out that i would open the door look around flush and run lol, good thing I am not as imaginative anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I think my thoughts out, out loud and then realise it. Embarrassing every single time

ReputationRep:
    I have to check my phone, purse and bus pass are in my bag every 2 minutes. Even if i haven't opened my bag I still have to check, scares me actually. You should have seen my at the airport counting all our bags, checking where my passport and boarding passes were, I think i would die if I ever lost anything.

(Original post by strry-eyd)
      I have to check my phone, purse and bus pass are in my bag every 2 minutes. Even if i haven't opened my bag I still have to check, scares me actually. You should have seen my at the airport counting all our bags, checking where my passport and boarding passes were, I think i would die if I ever lost anything.
      lol I do that by touching my suit pocket

(Original post by Soph1990)
      Not where I live, perhaps in Manchester?
      Whats it like in blackpool heard theirs lots of fairs/carnivals

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by burntfishfinger)
      I always sleep with my fan on, no matter how hold or cold it is. I'm sat in bed as I type and it's snowing outside, yet my fan is still on. The noise is just so soothing but I always wake up with the biggest nip-on ever
      I also set my alarm clock and TV volume so that all the digits added together add to a multiple of 3.
      OMG someone like me! Haha all my friends think I'm weird because of this fan thing but it really is so soothing

(Original post by SuperStarr1)
        OMG someone like me! Haha all my friends think I'm weird because of this fan thing but it really is so soothing
        Even on winter? :eek:

ReputationRep:
        I masturbate with my left hand

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by blueray)
        Even on winter? :eek:
        Yeah haha.. I'll just move it further away from me if it gets really cold.. My duvet is really thick though and sometimes I get hot Lol

ReputationRep:
        I eat pasta with mustard, and also masturabte in a highly unusual way...unsuitable for publication..

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Rishz)
        What’s something you know you do differently than most people? :cool:
        Ultimate badass complex is shining on this thread. 6000 people with "rare high level" of individualism sheer ego Someone watched too much "Misfits".:rolleyes: Grow up,TSR.

My reputation is around -299 so you can tell if a give a holy "censored swear word" about which button you click.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Fluidity)
        I have some teddies on my bookcase, and if one night I decide to bid one goodnight, I have to go around each one of them individually, otherwise I feel incredibly cruel.

When I am conversing banally with someone, I mentally picture the person in different dramatic scenarios; ie during sex, at a funeral, et cetera.

:shock: Me too!
        Naughty minds. :rolleyes::ninja:

ReputationRep:
        I toss my poop around like a primitive ape. I also host a highly illegal highly immoral chinchilla fighting ring. Its actually surprisingly popular.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
        Ultimate badass complex is shining on this thread. 6000 people with "rare high level" of individualism sheer ego Someone watched too much "Misfits".:rolleyes: Grow up,TSR.

My reputation is around -299 so you can tell if a give a holy "censored swear word" about which button you click.
        Whereeee?

ReputationRep:
        I speak two languages :yep:

(Original post by Peachykeen09)
          Whereeee?
          Its doesnt exist

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.