Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    How did you find them? Question 7 in M1 was a b**ch. 10 marks down the drain! :grin:
    OCR MEI?
    The last question was the only question I could do
    Basically... I don't know anything about M1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xPixie)
    OCR MEI?
    The last question was the only question I could do
    Basically... I don't know anything about M1
    Yeah! The projectiles one. I spent 45 minutes on it, and still couldn't get anywhere. I think exams had sucked it out of me by that point! oh deaaar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    Yeah! The projectiles one. I spent 45 minutes on it, and still couldn't get anywhere. I think exams had sucked it out of me by that point! oh deaaar.
    You've probably done alot better than you thought Half the people in my school who took M1 don't need it as we took 2 applied last year anyway, this is for AS Further Maths.. So most people just sat there for 1.5 hours Three people walked out But yeah, the projectiles question was the only one I could do other than the graph and displacement on question 1.. Thank god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parallal)
    Well, I know what exam I'm retaking in the summer....

For the question about why it's easier to recycle the polymers in nappies than the polymers in mixed compounds (or something like that) I put that mixed polymers have stronger IMF and more energy is needed to break the bonds and separate the chains.... My friends said that was wrong. ): What did everyone else put for that question?

And I completely messed up that last question. Apparently you weren't supposed to divide by 1000. *facepalm*
    I put in mixed polymers different monomers have to be recycled in different ways so it will take more time :/

and, aren't we supposed to times it by 1000?

(Original post by Conor 419)

I got 24
    did you use the results in experiment 1? coz we were meant to use experiment 2.
    I used experiment 1 at first and got 24. when i went thru the paper again i realised that i hv to look at 2 so i quickly changed it and got 12

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the very first question. Something about medicines or something?

ReputationRep:
    I think i got 24 and units as mol-2 dm6 s-1

ReputationRep:
    Deffo a tricky exam!

For the calculating mass one i'm sure i ended up with something like 1.78g

Also what was the compound called that we had to name?

And why was the value of the voltmeter different?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MD 4p6)
    I think i got 24 and units as mol-2 dm6 s-1
    Wow, exactly same as me! Unfortunately I think it's wrong (refer to previous posts)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahre)
    What did people get for the very first question. Something about medicines or something?
    I said it should be non toxic in humans and that it should work better than other similar drugs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyJunkIsYou)
    Deffo a tricky exam!

For the calculating mass one i'm sure i ended up with something like 1.78g

Also what was the compound called that we had to name?

And why was the value of the voltmeter different?
    do you mean the ligand? If so i think it was hexa aqua iron (III) 3+, but the other compounds were hopeless

I'd just like to say, I've done all the chemistry past papers and legacy papers known to OCR B Salters, but i've never experienced that sort of **** from a paper in my life!

ReputationRep:
    do you mean the ligand? If so i think it was hexa aqua iron (III) 3+, but the other compounds were hopeless

I'd just like to say, I've done all the chemistry past papers and legacy papers known to OCR B Salters, but i've never experienced that sort of **** from a paper in my life!

We didn't have to name the complex did we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mBadAtMaths)
    I said it should be non toxic in humans and that it should work better than other similar drugs
    saaaaame.

ReputationRep:
    we had to name it, the colour and co-ordination number,or perhaps i read the question wrong :/ either way i've failed

ReputationRep:
    we had to name it, the colour and co-ordination number,or perhaps i read the question wrong :/ either way i've failed
    swear it was to name the shape of it dude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hidden_desire)
    Wow, exactly same as me! Unfortunately I think it's wrong (refer to previous posts)
    It probably is wrong, my friends didnt get that either

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure we didn't have to name the complex. It was the shape!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'mBadAtMaths)
    swear it was to name the shape of it dude?
    hmmm, maybe. My answers were hexa aqua iron (III) 3+, Octahedral and Orange. Are we refering to the same question?

ReputationRep:
    Im most likely wrong, it wouldnt surprise me :/

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, maybe. My answers were hexa aqua iron (III) 3+, Octahedral and Orange. Are we refering to the same question?

I put 6, octahedral and orange

ReputationRep:
    It was co ordination number, (6), name of shape of molecule (octohedral) and colour, I put down red-brown.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.