Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I don't care enough about your opinions to reply urgently to them.

As I said in a previous thread California, New York, and Southern Florida don't represent America.
    And yet your experiences of one state does...:rolleyes: Dumb ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Have you seen Miss England? Or Miss France? And so on, every country has a few beautiful people. But I'm talking in general, and in general I think British Girls are quite attractive. Persians are the only people I would say are equally or more attractive from that region, everywhere else around has a bad feature common among their people.
    Some are ok, middle-eastern girls are far hotter though. Most guys in UK (not homo) or anything have terrible dress sense and tend to look really samey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    You can't disagree...It's fact that foreigners regard Brits as ugly. So try to explain why, not warp the truth. :rolleyes:
    I'm saying I disagree with the foreigners. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiling...Rain)
    This.
    We all look better with a tan, and the reflection off the snow doesn't count :p:
    Also we don't drink nearly as much (water-wise), probably due to the temperatures and generally because water isn't seem as as much of a necessity.
    Water brightens skin and generally makes everything function better.

Oh and we're a massive nation of tea drinkers. Bloody twinings are poisoning us.
    Nothing wrong with drinking a cup of tea now and again its good for the heart in fact I can easily say people in this country drink more tea than they do a full glass of water. Yes that's somewhat of a contradiction since tea is mainly water but you know what I mean pure 100% water

and your skins already bright judging by your profile pics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)
    I'm Norwegian. I don't find Brits ugly. I've never heard of such stereotype here.
    Brits :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    And yet your experiences of one state does...:rolleyes: Dumb ass.
    5 states actually. You're the dumb ass for making judgements.

Anyway, looks don't even matter, but being a **** does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    I'm Norwegian. I don't find Brits ugly. I've never heard of such stereotype here.
    Brits :love:

And woo for Scandinavian peeps I'm part Danish myself, it's a lovely part of the world.

ReputationRep:

And woo for Scandinavian peeps I'm part Danish myself, it's a lovely part of the world.
    :awesome: Thanks.

I'm a big Anglophile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Posting pics of one attractive British girl is only going to show that people think that Britain is generally ugly......which is still bad!
    Something that shows this, thanks to your sig, were many of the contestants for Miss Loughborough, a good 90% were out right ugly, yet still entered a beauty pageant. The same can be said for many of the entries into Miss England. Now we compare them to our next door neighbours (France), and there is such a huge difference as none of the French girls were ugly, and most are very attractive.
    You can't really compare a teeny Miss England regional heat and even Miss England, to a franchise that sends the winner to both (normally, although this didn't happen in 2010) of the biggest Pageants in Miss World and Miss Universe. It's also a considerably larger country...and doesn't have Scotland on the doorstep continually finding stunners out of nowhere. Pageants are also a damn sight more popular on the continent...in Kosovo right now there is a singer called Aferdita, who is a massive name out there, entered in their Miss Universe qualifier. Could you see someone like Cheryl Cole (had she not been married) entering Miss Universe Great Britain, one of the smallest known pageants here, or even Miss England?

Besides, Beauty Pageants are based on a lot more than just looks - there has to be a brain in the head of any beauty queen, as well as a hell of a lot of self esteem (at the end of the day, they get slated as much as they get rated...as you've shown perfectly)

And Mujeriego, I don't disagree with you there. My point was that realistically, there are stunners and shockers in every country. Neither of the 2 girls I posted placed at Miss Universe, obviously because Venezuela is arguably the most successful country in pageant history that was more of a shock than Tara missing the cut for GB, but the point still stands. A lot of people overhype the latin american countries (especially Brazil...from what they have sent to pageants alone they are one of the weaker latin countries although they'll pull a stunner out of the bag now they are hosting Miss Universe 2011)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    5 states actually. You're the dumb ass for making judgements.

Anyway, looks don't even matter, but being a **** does.
    What judgements??? You are the one arguing with the fact that foreigners think Brits are ugly :rolleyes:
    So looks don't matter? Uhuh, then you are probably testament to ugly Britain

But that's not the topic is it??:rolleyes: Don't digress dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sereni)
    stfu that girl was fine, dont discourage her
    I dont even think you know which girl I was talking about, do you...?

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a generalisation, I would suggest it is the lack of tan. Spanish men <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Uhuh, then you are probably testament to ugly Britain
    Oh look, a judgement.

I can confidently say that I can look in the mirror and feel pretty proud of my looks actually, I don't even drink or eat unhealthy stuff often. Your ignorance prevails again. Half of my family aren't even British, so you can't put me in any group there. :rolleyes:

I just don't like people spouting wrong ideas/facts about things, like you. Just because no one in Britain cares enough to participate in that contest doesn't most of Britain's population is ugly. :rolleyes:

Funny how you say someone disagreeing with your views/'facts' (which said Germany was also among the ugliest with Britain) is off topic tbh, so my guess is that you're German, seeing as you're avoiding the arguments there. Germans are also stereotyped to be stubborn, so I wouldn't be surprised (you believe stereotypes after all).

Unless it's because you're a troll, which I wouldn't be surprised at either. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I suppose this will be followed by an attack on our dental hygiene? :rolleyes:

I've never thought we were particularly bad - sure there are some unfortunate looking people, but you get them everywhere. Most of the people are see are pretty good looking :dontknow:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    You can't really compare a teeny Miss England regional heat and even Miss England, to a franchise that sends the winner to both (normally, although this didn't happen in 2010) of the biggest Pageants in Miss World and Miss Universe. It's also a considerably larger country...and doesn't have Scotland on the doorstep continually finding stunners out of nowhere. Pageants are also a damn sight more popular on the continent...in Kosovo right now there is a singer called Aferdita, who is a massive name out there, entered in their Miss Universe qualifier. Could you see someone like Cheryl Cole (had she not been married) entering Miss Universe Great Britain, one of the smallest known pageants here, or even Miss England?

Besides, Beauty Pageants are based on a lot more than just looks - there has to be a brain in the head of any beauty queen, as well as a hell of a lot of self esteem (at the end of the day, they get slated as much as they get rated...as you've shown perfectly)
    I think you missed my point.
    Britain is thought of as an ugly country - this point is not up for debate because it is. I mentioned the beauty pageants to show why people think the UK is an ugly country, but what myself and the OP want to know is the reasons behind Britain being so butt ugly - not is it ugly.

ReputationRep:
    This is stupid. How can this even be judged? Unless they are putting side to side everyone from Britain next to other continents i'm pretty sure this is just based on British stereotypes.

There are fitties everywhere!!

ReputationRep:
    This thread has Mazty and Jimbo - it's now complete. :adore::adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    This thread has Mazty and Jimbo - it's now complete. :adore::adore:

I was just about to post the same thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocarinaoftime)
    OP has clearly not been to scotland :facepalm2:

...that was a joke btw, before everyone starts stereotyping me and scotland :holmes:
    had a scottish gf, she was super cute

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.