Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, everyone did this, but on CS, I used to get the knife out and teabag dead bodies while knifing them simultaneously at the end of the round

Also, sit in front of people using RC-XDs on Black Ops until they're done, then shoot them in the face.

ReputationRep:
    The KOTOR games really have incredible potential for this kind of thing. This article series is great for a few laughs:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ba...public-article

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snorkmaiden)
    I spent hours at 4 in the morning drunkenly piling hogtied women in a big heap in Red Dead Redemption. I then got a little bit bored and set them all on fire.

I only felt guilt when I accidentally burnt a horse in the carnage... Pathetic.
    Starting brawls in the saloons is hours of fun.

ReputationRep:
    I'm usually pretty good in games as I actually can't bring myself to be evil...it sounds so stupid but I even found it difficult to sacrifice people in fable 2- the worst I've done on there is kill about 127 in one sitting to get evil enough to unlock certain expresions and even then it was "self-defence"...sort of...

So I'm probably going to have to say killing the mental people on Assassin's creed. The amount of time they've buggered up a mission because I got too close to them and they shoved me into a guard or something RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I just used to go on massive killing sprees whenever that happened XD
    I think I killed a few english beggars because their voices annoyed me.

Come to think of it, I did used to beat up Ralph a lot in Simpson's hit and run, just for ****s and giggles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    I'm usually pretty good in games as I actually can't bring myself to be evil...it sounds so stupid but I even found it difficult to sacrifice people in fable 2- the worst I've done on there is kill about 127 in one sitting to get evil enough to unlock certain expresions and even then it was "self-defence"...sort of...

So I'm probably going to have to say killing the mental people on Assassin's creed. The amount of time they've buggered up a mission because I got too close to them and they shoved me into a guard or something RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I just used to go on massive killing sprees whenever that happened XD
    I think I killed a few english beggars because their voices annoyed me.

Come to think of it, I did used to beat up Ralph a lot in Simpson's hit and run, just for ****s and giggles.
    "Just a few coins!"

"Im poor and sick and hungry!"

They were so annoying.

Im always good on Fable aswell. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Getting through on goal on fifa then when the keeper comes out passing to another player at scoring the open goal.
    Also On Abes Oddysee when my sister left her game on i once jumped down a whole which kills Abe and quicksaved it just before he died so everytime he died it autoreloaded the quick save and he died again.
    On Left 4 dead getting to the safe room first then shooting an alarmed car so a horde come for everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    "Just a few coins!"

"Im poor and sick and hungry!"

They were so annoying.

Im always good on Fable aswell. :awesome:
    I know!!! And the worst bit was that you don't even have any money to bloody shut them up!!!! At least in the second one they're more easily gotten rid of!

I just don't have the heart to do bad things, all the people are so cute and gullible!!!

ReputationRep:
    In WoW PVP, I always kill people with PT somewhere in their name first...Because Tugas really annoy me on that game.....

1GLD PLZ?!!?!?!?!!FR FLYINA MOutJNA?!

Oh and I team girl other girls in Battlefield as soon as they start whining in chat that they only died because they where reloading or painting there nails or flirting with the other players. Jesus why was I born female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    I know!!! And the worst bit was that you don't even have any money to bloody shut them up!!!! At least in the second one they're more easily gotten rid of!

I just don't have the heart to do bad things, all the people are so cute and gullible!!!
    Its annoying when they throw rocks at you for climbing away and then you fall all the way back down.

Ive had a few accidental evil actions. Definately accidental.

The only time ive ever actually gone on a murderous rampage on Fable 2 was when I went into my house in Bowerstone and then left it for a few hours by accident. When I came back it seemed like the whole bloody town was in my room.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    one that comes to mind is, in red dead redemption, on my horse it was the stallion i jumped off the mountain and my horse died..then i skinned it and sold the skin

ReputationRep:
    - Throwing money in Assassin's Creed 2 and then murdering everyone who scrambled to pick it up

- Not technically IN a game but...talking my best friend into playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent while I watched and laughed at her absolute terror. :cool:

- In MMOs, I always persuaded beggar noobs into paying me for powerlevelling. Then I led them to high level areas, created a massive mob of monsters and logged out, leaving the noob to get all the aggro and die. Then I'd log in, rez them, apologise for 'disconnecting'...take them to another high level area and do it all again until they finally twigged

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't me but worth watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w0Ev...eature=related

ReputationRep:
    It's only a flash game, but
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/439144
    I feel so damn wrong playing it. Also that my ISP is going to report me for being a sicko or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Its annoying when they throw rocks at you for climbing away and then you fall all the way back down.

Ive had a few accidental evil actions. Definately accidental.

The only time ive ever actually gone on a murderous rampage on Fable 2 was when I went into my house in Bowerstone and then left it for a few hours by accident. When I came back it seemed like the whole bloody town was in my room.
    Oh god, I knowwwwww! I always yell "I'm actually sparing you by running away, you fools!" and if they won't leave alone I just end up killing them all (it's not like they didn't ask for it, I was on a roof for 5 seconds and some guards have followed me halfway across the city by then, I've had less of a chase after assassinating someone!!! And don't even get me started on the guards from the first one, you bump into one and - "KILL THE INFIDEL!!!!!!!" :lolwut:)

That always bugs me too, it's so tiresome going into a house/shop/alley and then finding your way blocked by about 10 people who love you. I actually had to restart the game once after 20 people bunched up behind me and glitched my character so I couldn't move or fast travel anywhere :|

But I guess we're the least evil people here, as we're always provoked after all...

ReputationRep:
    Anything in Postal 2!

ReputationRep:
    I buy cheap, young players on Football Manager with the sole intention of selling them on for profit. :sad:

I die a little inside when they say they are looking forward to breaking in to the first team.

ReputationRep:
    Burning Sims, starving Sims, piling the plates so high they go /through the roof/.

In Oblivion, rampant murder, poisoning, making police get off their horse to assault me and then taking said horse since they're the most robust breed in the game.

In Fable, asking people to follow me in Oakdale, leading them to the graveyard with no guards, and killing them. Rinse and repeat for max evil points.

Anything I ever did in GTA. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    These are all, very VERY, tame.

I used to play an MMO known as EVE online; its internet spaceships, basicly, and is an effective sandbox. The sandbox nature of it means alot of metagaming occurs. A few examples that I know of;

An Alliance CEO (Leader of a coalition of groups of people) had his RL stripped away from him when an "enemy" spy infiltrated his rl social network and slept with his wife, stole his log in details, and stole everything in game.

And even thats AVERAGE for the metagaming that occurs; there is a story of (in the first few years of eve) where the two largest Alliances were fighting; a member from one of the alliances found out where one of the capital ship pilots of the other alliance lived, and cut power to his house during a massive online battle.

Not ****; just google search meta-gaming in eve online. There are loads more stories. Nerds are brutal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the666thmessiah)
    These are all, very VERY, tame.

I used to play an MMO known as EVE online; its internet spaceships, basicly, and is an effective sandbox. The sandbox nature of it means alot of metagaming occurs. A few examples that I know of;

An Alliance CEO (Leader of a coalition of groups of people) had his RL stripped away from him when an "enemy" spy infiltrated his rl social network and slept with his wife, stole his log in details, and stole everything in game.

And even thats AVERAGE for the metagaming that occurs; there is a story of (in the first few years of eve) where the two largest Alliances were fighting; a member from one of the alliances found out where one of the capital ship pilots of the other alliance lived, and cut power to his house during a massive online battle.

Not ****; just google search meta-gaming in eve online. There are loads more stories. Nerds are brutal.
    I think we're talking within the boundaries of the game, as opposed to using a game to screw with everyone else because you don't know how to let stuff go. Some people take this stuff way too seriously.

I think playing paying pyro in TF2 automatically makes you evil.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.