Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want help with Russian History essays? :) Watch

• View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?
    Yes!
    88.89%
    A little ...
    11.11%
    Nope, sorry, it didn't do anything for me
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalleusMaleficarum)
    Here's one for you:

'To what extent did economic factors drive political change in Russia in the period 1900-2000?'

Note that this is for extended coursework and so the dates are provisional, but it has to be a hundred-year study and will encompass roughly the 20th Century. I might go back to include the tail end of the 19th as well.
    hi i was wondering if you could give me some more detail upon how to tackle this question i.e. if you have any topics, secondary scources, I have chosen your question as i part of my course and it looked like a a very good question, however i am struggeling to find more information to assemble my essay

Thanks in advance
    Mush Latifi

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can you please help me with answering this question: “How far was the role of individuals the most significant factor in explaining the changing influence of the Russian Communist Party, 1945-2008?”
    A structure/content ..anything would be so helpful.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexaC)
    Hi, can you please help me with answering this question: “How far was the role of individuals the most significant factor in explaining the changing influence of the Russian Communist Party, 1945-2008?”
    A structure/content ..anything would be so helpful.
    Thank you.
    I won't answer the question for you, however look into these themes:

- Stalinism and totalitarianism - how far did state control go underneath Stalin (KGB, Surveillance) - was stalin's personality and paranoia reason for state control?
    - Khrushchev and de-stalinisation - did this loosen the grip of the communist party's influence? Was Khrushchev to blame for the beginning of the end of the communist party with his attitude to the west and the economy? or were these changing themes in world politics?
    - Brezhnev and the invasion of Czechoslovakia, Brezhnev doctrine
    - Andropov and Chernenko - gerontocracy
    - Military intervention in the satellite states and the changes in the era of Gorbachev

I can't really tell you much post-Cold War to be honest because I don't know enough about modern politics of the Communist party, however looking at the question in hand, your argument should be based around: Is it changing world attitudes and the penetration of liberalism and western influence in Russian which changed the nature of influence of the Communist party, or was it the policies implemented by the leaders? Also refer to how the Cold War changed things as communist party was put on the world stage.

If you want any authors to help you with this, the save bets are: Pipes, Seton-Watson, Sebag Monitfiore (for Stalin) and Gaddis (for role of the individual leaders in the cold war)

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to do my EPQ on Russian history but have I already studied 1850 - present, could anyone recommend a project which could take 5,000 words? So far looking in to Peter the Great and Catherine the Great.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I 'm doing my Historical enquiry with Peter the Great and Catherine too so any food for thought would be great !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jada897)
    Hoping to do my EPQ on Russian history but have I already studied 1850 - present, could anyone recommend a project which could take 5,000 words? So far looking in to Peter the Great and Catherine the Great.
    Are you only looking a Peter and Catherine? I could give you some direction when it comes to later Russian Imperial/Soviet history.

Unfortunately I can't give anyone any advice about anything before the Emancipation of the Serfs but from then until Gorbachev I am glad to help when I have the time Just quote me, and I'll be glad to help anyone who is struggling in A-Level or even their first years of University.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I have a few history essays to do with Stalin's Russia if anyone wants them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm currently doing Edexcel A2 level History and I am doing this question for me Coursework:
    What was the short term significance of Trostsky to the political developent in Russia?

I was wondering what you would recommend me to include in the c.w and also a structure

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    'Assess the importance of economic factors in bringing about reform in Russia in the years 1856-1964'

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for mt A2 coursework - 'Within the period 1894 - 2005, Lenin has been the most significant leader of Russia and the USSR'. How valid is this statement?

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you please recommend some other leaders (and why) I could include under the themes of Economy, Politics/foreign policy and Social/cultural - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    My A2 coursework question is 'How did the Russian Civil war affect the people of russia?' I know it's a loose question but it would be good i f i could get an idea on the outlining points that i could expand on as a plan

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was wondering if you could give me a few examples on my history essay question: To what extent do you consider that the ‘Five year plans’ was a key turning point in the development of Russia in the years 1856-1964?

ReputationRep:
    Heey can somebody please help me with assessing the success of opposition to the tsarist regime 1861-1881

I need help with grouping the aims with the groups

Thank you lots!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my exam board is edexcel and the question:

'Assess the importance of economic factors in bringing about change in Russia 1856-1964'

Really struggling, don't know which examples to use which are relevant and my teachers been quite vague. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help, cheers

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    if you can any help would be appreciated as im finding this essay hard
    'How far do you agree that the impact ofmilitary conflict was a key factor in determining change in themaking of modern Russia, between 1856 and 1964?'
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    Between 1670 to 1800, did the reforms mad by Peter the great have a greater impact in the reforms made by Catherine the Great.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLP

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Could you possibly help me with the question: Assess the view that the Tsars had similar aims in domestic policy in the period of 1855-1917? (60 marks)'
    Also, do you have any revision notes I could have?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Are you still available to help? I am really struggling :/

ReputationRep:
    I am really struggling and I am in desperate need of some help with my A2 history coursework part a.
    The Question I have chosen is 'How significant were the effects of the Russo-Japanese War (1904-5) on Russian Government/ politics and society at the time?' I have a feeling this Q will need editing so if you could also give some advice for that too that would be great.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have no clue what to put for these two essays:

1) 'The Communist rulers were effective autocrats; the Tsars were not.' How far do you agree with this view of Russian government in the period from 1855 to 1964? - The Themes I've got for this essay are: Methods of rule - gain and maintain, Style and Structure.

2) Assess the view that the October Revolution of 1917 changed the Russian government more than other events in the period fro 1855 to 1964.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.