INB4 he quotes CJ :mmm:
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Is there stuff on the frontpage? Maybe adblock has hidden it :beard:

Perhaps Soc leaders could be encouraged to participate in the subforum and be involved in thread creation/ensuring the thread is linked in the Soc at the appropriate time. They need to do something to justify their status anyway
I mean the index, not the homepage.

I do my stuff, allowing people to join the Utd soc, giving them a much needed morale boost!
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
I mean the index, not the homepage.

I do my stuff, allowing people to join the Utd soc, giving them a much needed morale boost!
Oh sorry I know what you mean now. Didn't realise it didn't show on the main forum index tbf :facepalm2:

I don't think I ever visit the index page actually
JK.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
On the forums index? I think because it's a subforum of a subforum it just won't show up on there, not sure how much difference it'd make anyway - I doubt many people would go to post about a match and look for the right place there - even if they did then the links which should've been posted in the socs would direct them to the right place anyway had they not noticed the subforum which appears at the top of football. It tends to be regular posters who know about the match threads anyway that post in the wrong place, they just cba posting a link/sticking to the right place.
JK.
Rep:
?
Perhaps Soc leaders could be encouraged to participate in the subforum and be involved in thread creation/ensuring the thread is linked in the Soc at the appropriate time. They need to do something to justify their status anyway
I'd agree with this, in which case it's probably worth updating the soc leaders in some cases. Dunno about other clubs but atm our leaders are Rob, Rich and Zak.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JK.)
I'd agree with this, in which case it's probably worth updating the soc leaders in some cases. Dunno about other clubs but atm our leaders are Rob, Rich and Zak.
This was done for quite a few socs a while ago. It was mentioned in the Arse one but people kept the status quo. You should just take it over, tbf, better that than over-inflate certain people's egos, tbh - 'I am leader for a reason!!!111'
JK.
Rep:
?
Aye, I wouldn't mind, haven't most got a few though? Who else would you say?
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's the leader, and then deputies - the leader is the only one that can accept new members, AFAIK. Abira is a good shout in there, he's level headed and a regular.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Me.
JK.
Rep:
?
You don't even support the club.

Abira's a good shout. :yy:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I support the society, IS THAT NOT ENOUGH?
JK.
Rep:
?
Why would you possibly support the society?
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I fail to understand how a team that refuses to win a european cup should even have a soc. What can possibly be discussed with so little culture and history behind it ffs. Amalgamations of these diddy club threads please.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To break it from the inside.
JK.
Rep:
?
As if it needs breaking any more. :lol:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've started my campaign.
JK.
Rep:
?
:facepalm2:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:awesome:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't open the United or Arsenal Socs, learned that lesson a long time ago. Leaders are bad enough but some of the absolute dross that is allowed in is incredible.

I think my hatred of Arsenal has actually increased tenfold based purely on this forum. The are detestable at the best of times but this really does ignite something deep within :mmm:
I know what you mean about Arsenal hatred. I didn´t really mind them before becoming an active member of TSR...
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We need to do something about the blog thread tbf.

This lovely chap:

(Original post by TheBallWinner)
What Next For Rafael Benitez?

Spurs Anticipate Huddlestone Return

The Curious Case Of ‘Villas-Boas’ - Stayed up late last night writing this one, really pleased with it though. Little rushed but feel it got better towards the end.
has some good articles that people will probably miss. It doesn't seem obvious for new bloggers that they should be posted in that thread and then also create their own thread for comments, especially as the previous entrants do not have their own threads.

Perhaps a bloggers forum would be a step too far (although would be the most sensible solution) but as it is there is no obvious place to put blogs and nowhere for comments to be placed :beard:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads