Salford freshers 2011 Watch

Nokiacrazi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)
No, I think you'll still need one, as it gives you the information for registering for your classes online and getting your student email account. Perhaps call them and ask. But I think if you haven't received the 'your welcome pack is on the way' letter yet, then it'll probably come through soon since clearing is almost over now.

When I changed my student finance, I changed it online (didn't send a letter in post) and it took 3 days for them to accept it again. I didn't get a notification saying it changed though, I just happened to check it and see that it updated.
I got told that you can only change it online if you have already started a course/uni and change uni/course after you have started. Dunno...

I will give the uni and student finance until say, thursday and then give em a call if I dont get anything.
k3ro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nokiacrazi)
I got told that you can only change it online if you have already started a course/uni and change uni/course after you have started. Dunno...

I will give the uni and student finance until say, thursday and then give em a call if I dont get anything.
Nah, not true. That's how I did it and it went through fine.

Hope it turns up soon for you!
Amy_505
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BeckyWalker)
anyone studying wildlife conservation or staying at castle irwell
I'm at castle irwell. Not sure which house yet though!
teneke
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Amy_505)
I'm at castle irwell. Not sure which house yet though!
Mail them here [email protected] i asked and they told me i am House #30 and even the room number :P
Amy_505
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by teneke)
Mail them here [email protected] i asked and they told me i am House #30 and even the room number :P
Yeah I've just done it so hopefully they should get back to me tomorrow!
You looking forward to it? My brother went there and said that castle irwell is the ****tiest place you'll ever live but it's also the most fun 'cause there's always something going on!
teneke
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your brother should check what the unis in my country Bulgaria offer ... As long as there is a roof above me it's all i need
Amy_505
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by teneke)
Your brother should check what the unis in my country Bulgaria offer ... As long as there is a roof above me it's all i need
Haha. I get what you mean. I don't care what it's like as long as I can sleep there.
teneke
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Also this says it's gonna be awesome ....
DaveNewton
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
House ten in Horlock! Anybody else around this area??
Inspired24
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
House ten too! Woo!
Jessmay1405
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
House 4 Horlock
Amy_505
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BeckyWalker)
anyone studying wildlife conservation or staying at castle irwell
I'm at castle irwell. You found out what house yet?
teneke
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Amy, did you get your reply from the mail ?
Nokiacrazi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)
Nah, not true. That's how I did it and it went through fine.

Hope it turns up soon for you!
Got the welcome letter from Salford

Just waiting on student finance now
k3ro
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Got the welcome letter from Salford

Just waiting on student finance now
Yaaaay, go you!

Now go register, and get your cool email account.
Smithy3788
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Horlock House 2..
Nokiacrazi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)
Yaaaay, go you!

Now go register, and get your cool email account.
On the registering part and it was asking about how I am going to pay. So I put through Student Loans, and then it was asking "have you registered with them bla bla". Obviously I have but they have estimated maintenance/grants for my firm choice, hence why I sent them a Change of Circumstances letter. Should I wait until Student Finance reply or just continue with the registration?
k3ro
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
On the registering part and it was asking about how I am going to pay. So I put through Student Loans, and then it was asking "have you registered with them bla bla". Obviously I have but they have estimated maintenance/grants for my firm choice, hence why I sent them a Change of Circumstances letter. Should I wait until Student Finance reply or just continue with the registration?
You should be able to do it before they've confirmed your change of circumstances.

Log online into your student finance account, and find the 'correspondence' section. It'll show all the letters they've sent you. You need to find the number Salford Uni asks for - it took me AGES to find it, but it's a small, unmarked number on the top.. Left if I remember, just under the barcode. Enter that in, and that's all you need to do! It doesn't change after the change of circumstances thing, so you're all good.
Nokiacrazi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by k3ro)
You should be able to do it before they've confirmed your change of circumstances.

Log online into your student finance account, and find the 'correspondence' section. It'll show all the letters they've sent you. You need to find the number Salford Uni asks for - it took me AGES to find it, but it's a small, unmarked number on the top.. Left if I remember, just under the barcode. Enter that in, and that's all you need to do! It doesn't change after the change of circumstances thing, so you're all good.
Thanks a lot, I'll give it a bash right now.
Nokiacrazi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Found it. Thanks a lot, registered. Just looking at step 3 now of the Get Ready guide
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.55%
No (555)
60.92%
Not really bothered about them (187)
20.53%

Watched Threads