Arsenal v Man Utd 01/05 2.05 KO, Sky Sports 1. Watch

ish90an
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ultimate1)
No I think it would be pretty fair. Man utd haven't exactly played well or been good this season.
Probably why they are top of the league with the league's top scorer and the CL semis(and enroute to the final). Yep, not played well at all.
Get Real
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why do United do this! It's agonising watching them away from home this season.

Next weekend is now even bigger...
SaltyPiratePony
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ish90an)
Meh, tired performance from United and it probably was a mistake starting Hernandez, he looked knackered in this one. I would be worried if I were Arsenal, this was their cup final and for all their "dominance" they had fewer shots on target, fewer overall shots and less possession. Not too concerned about the title race, as bad as our away form's been our home form's been excellent so even a draw at Old Trafford will do it.
erm... No?

First half possession was 62-38, i didnt see the second half stats but im pretty sure it was more balanced, thus being us more possessive.
MoMatrix
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Probably why they are top of the league with the league's top scorer and the CL semis(and enroute to the final). Yep, not played well at all.
You haven't played well this season, but it is a testament to the mentality of your team that you are top of the league and on course for a CL final.
neillya1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SaltyPiratePony)
erm... No?

First half possession was 62-38, i didnt see the second half stats but im pretty sure it was more balanced, thus being us more possessive.
54-46 in favour of United overall actually.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/9469712.stm
ish90an
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
erm... No?

BBC site says it was 46-54 at the end. The game is played in 2 halves you know.:rolleyes:
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks to everyone who pm-d me a link!
SaltyPiratePony
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Err thats probably because chelsea lost to wolves and that lot in their drought period, as with arsenal at bolton and the lark, as well as some obscure results with man u. Everyones been awful, you cant deny it.
Psychotic546
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by W.H.T)
where are the Wenger-out brigades?
Stupid point to make. We won a game, why would anyone say sack him now rather than focus on the positives. They don't just sit there going "sack him" constantly even if they still believe it.
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good game - well deserved. I hope Chelsea beat Utd.. and Utd draw against Blackburn etc..

1 - Arsenal - 76 Points W-W-W
2 - Manchester Utd - 75 points L-D-D
3 - Chelsea - 75 points W-D-D

SaltyPiratePony
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BBC site says it was 46-54 at the end. The game is played in 2 halves you know.:rolleyes:

(Original post by neillya1)
54-46 in favour of United overall actually.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/9469712.stm
fair enough. i dont argue with stats.

oh and ish90an. We still won 1-0 you know :rolleyes:
ish90an
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MoMatrix)
You haven't played well this season, but it is a testament to the mentality of your team that you are top of the league and on course for a CL final.
Define playing well then. I mean, its not like United have scored the most number of goals in the league or 2 strikers on ~20 goals in the season or anything.
alex_hk90
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
Lol that looked a pen. Evens out the important decisions in this game.
That was a pen, but it in no way evens it out - a penalty and Vidic sent off in the first half is not the same as a penalty with a couple of minutes to go.

Anyway - great performance today and we actually managed to hold on. Wilshere, Ramsey and Song were immense in midfield. Arshavin was on fire when he came on. Clichy as always a liability and needs to be replaced. Still not clinical enough when in good situations - back in the Henry/Pires days we would've had 2 or 3 more on the break.
ish90an
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
fair enough. i dont argue with stats.

oh and ish90an. We still won 1-0 you know :rolleyes:
Good for you, I hope you enjoyed the cup final.
W.H.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Psychotic546)
Stupid point to make. We won a game, why would anyone say sack him now rather than focus on the positives. They don't just sit there going "sack him" constantly even if they still believe it.
to show how fickle some sections of the Arsenal fans are
Harvey121
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Get Real)
Why do United do this! It's agonising watching them away from home this season.

Next weekend is now even bigger...
Its because away from home they don't get all the decisions in there favour like they do at Old Trafford.

Showing them for the overrated team they are. Arsenal or Chelsea deserve the league more this season.
Psychotic546
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by alex_hk90)
That was a pen, but it in no way evens it out - a penalty and Vidic sent off in the first half is not the same as a penalty with a couple of minutes to go.

Anyway - great performance today and we actually managed to hold on. Wilshere, Ramsey and Song were immense in midfield. Arshavin was on fire when he came on. Clichy as always a liability and needs to be replaced. Still not clinical enough when in good situations - back in the Henry/Pires days we would've had 2 or 3 more on the break.
Agree with all of that except Clichy. He was immense I thought. He didn't really screw up once iirc.

Definitely agree with the lack of threat on the counter. Poor decision making.
SaltyPiratePony
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good for you, I hope you enjoyed the cup final.
you mean the carling cup? good i hope you enjoyed getting knocked out by the other half of manchester :rolleyes:
JK.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Psychotic546)
:ditto:

The game shows we've got the capability to win but we crumble when it actually matters. Same story as the past 4 years.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Harvey121)
Its because away from home they don't get all the decisions in there favour like they do at Old Trafford.

Showing them for the overrated team they are. Arsenal or Chelsea deserve the league more this season.
Urgh, why are some fans this idiotic.

When a team is top of the table, got to semi's etc etc (and that's only this season) it is literally a stupid comment to make to say they are over-rated :facepalm:

Why do they deserve it more? Man united have obviously played better over time.. all 3, in fact, have had quite bad 'unexpected' results this season. So i do not see how any 3 are different.

Fair enough you may not support them but you don't see me shouting around saying Liverpool didn't deserve the win, or don't deserve where theya re in the league, it's pathetic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed