4.07%
No - I'm female (18)
5.23%
Quintessentiality
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
May I just confirm that Darcy is who he claims to be, and that he really is the most romantic and sweet guy you could hope to meet?
You can trust me on this one. :chaplin:
im so academic
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Quintessentiality)
May I just confirm that Darcy is who he claims to be, and that he reallyis the most romantic and sweet guy you could hope to meet?
You can trust me on this one. :chaplin:
Back off. :mad:

EDIT: Actually I've heard about you.

You are very lucky to know such an amazing man. :love:
youcancallme.al
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
Not at all. I've always assumed I'd only fall for men who are Oxbridgers.Evidently not.
Why did you think this? Is it because you thought in a ludicrous flight of fancy that they would potentially earn more and give you a better life? Did you think in your childish visions of utopia that all Oxbridge students wander amongst eclesiastical spires holding hands as the sun sets over their image of perfection?

The reality of an Oxbridge students' life is exactly the same as that of any other good university: hard work in libraries, struggling to meet deadlines and generally being a nervous wreck for long periods. High academic standards militate against time for massively romantic interludes.

How much experience have you had of Oxbridge? (other than just generic film references/the received image of Oxbridge in the media)?
Paint-a-Picture
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hell yea.
Even if it does last a few seconds.
kristinaalovesu
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The Mr Z)
OCD and other mental issues are quite common, but it's very good that you are able to see past that: you've passed the first test of relationships.

They can be overcome with a bit of gentle nudging, simply point out when he's doing it and he'll be able to stop himself.

Confidence will grow in time, as will comfort. You just have to learn not to take slight things to heart, but simply try again.

That short distance shouldn't really be an issue, it's common for couples to live a few hours apart. If necessary, by this stage you can probably stay overnight at each others' houses. If not you should be able to.

He clearly likes you a lot, or else he wouldn't be winding himself up in knots, and you also clearly like him or you wouldn't be posting this here.

You're going to be pulled apart soon, so you shouldn't be wasting time worrying about frivolous little things. Turn of the blackberry, and spend the time just the two of you, doing whatever you want to do on the spur of the moment.

You'll probably enjoy the UK, but frankly don't worry about that until you reach that. In the mean time, have the happiest time of your life.

Now, I'm not so hot on my time-zones, but what's to stop you driving over there right now? Surprise him! It's a lovely thing to do, he'd appreciate it, and the spontaneity will help him feel more comfortable!
Because I'm scared he might get mad if I surprise him (even though I know he likes surprises) I don't want to be embarrassed that I go there because I wouldn't know what he's reaction would be if I did drive there and surprise him.

We did had sleep overs and such, but it's been a month since the last time we saw each other and we'll be seeing each other this month so we'll see about that. I do have a surprise for him though, I plan on giving him an organizer for his trip to Paris this June (for a month) so hopefully he'll like it, because he sort of needs some help organizing stuff and thought that would help him as well.
Jmaguire
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by canimakeit)
How do you prove your romantic online??
If you were romantic, you would know.
Exactly, have some imagination my friend or is that why you're not romantic? because you lack it.
neivindamin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well i tried to be romantic but it all depend on her mood if iam feeling romantic towards her then its her will to feel de same so at times this thing pissed me off.
Darcy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by neivindamin)
well i tried to be romantic but it all depend on her mood if iam feeling romantic towards her then its her will to feel de same so at times this thing pissed me off.
Some men are romantic, others are not. As long as you love her and show her you care about her, that is fine.
im so academic
(Original post by Darcy)
Some men are romantic, others are not. As long as you love her and show her you care about her, that is fine.
That matters the most. :love:
nerimon18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That matters the most. :love:
Do you two know what each other looks like?
jc3259
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i dont get why everyones setting sex and romance apart so much, like theres no way that sex could be romantic? it definately can be
madders94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jc3259)
i dont get why everyones setting sex and romance apart so much, like theres no way that sex could be romantic? it definately can be
I think sex is incredibly romantic, if you do it properly and not just a string of one night stands. When you're having sex with the person you love, you are getting as close and as intimate as two people can possibly be.
jc3259
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by madders94)
I think sex is incredibly romantic, if you do it properly and not just a string of one night stands. When you're having sex with the person you love, you are getting as close and as intimate as two people can possibly be.
exactly!
im so academic
(Original post by nerimon18)
Do you two know what each other looks like?
No.
im so academic
(Original post by madders94)
He wants to wait. And more than that. What he said to me was literally the antithesis of the things you see around H&R. :love:
im so academic
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
As a guesstimate I'd say men, being fairly elemental creatures, may be broken down into the following camps:
  • 10% Genuine Mr. Nice Guys
  • 20% Not so genuine Mr. Nice Guys (boarderline pretenders, blokes who will act like gentlemen but essentially out for themselves)
  • 50% Regular Joes
  • 20% Jocks/Douchebags

Nice Guys
Many are natural romantics / most of the rest will be for the right girl

Calculating *******s
Few are natural romantics / quite a few will turn on the charm for the right girl *

Regular Joes
Quite a few natural romantics / most will be for the right girl

Jocks/Douchebags
Very few natural romantics / very few can discern 'the right girl' from any other girl they happen to get with

*However, you may consider yourself absolutely blessed if they maintain the initial level of romance

So there are plenty of romantic men out there, but few out and out 'natural'/die hard romantics, particularly in the groups that tend to 'score' the most highly. It is fair to say that there are girls out there who can inspire the vast majority of men to greater things in the romance department, unfortunately these things are relative! :holmes:

This analytical breakdown was brought to you by the Foo Foundation - a think tank based in bed
Utter bull****.
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

:awesome:

I understand that the username is wrong, but I couldn't stand any sort of imperfection for such a perfect moment.
im so academic
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)

:awesome:

I understand that the username is wrong, but I couldn't stand any sort of imperfection for such a perfect moment.
I don't get that. :sad:

Spoiler:
Show
How sad are you?
im so academic
How so?
You say there are 4 types of guys.

Get rid of the labels and realise that in the hearts of each man is an individual.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

You're a player Foo.mp3. Can't believe I lusted after you.
im so academic
#Realtalk. Soz me hearty

NEWSFLASH! Foo.mp3 is a player. 'oh noes'! :devil:
Granted I am ostensibly a conniving git, but not in a truely horrible sense - I don't set out to break hearts nor have I ever technically 'cheated' :jebus:
:lolwut:

Urgh, and I actually liked you.

Never again. You may be really attractive looking, but no. Never again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (385)
37.16%
No - but I will (80)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.95%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (499)
48.17%

Watched Threads