Psychology Applicants (2012 entry) Watch

fnm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by punctuation)
I applied to RHUL and I haven't heard back. I sent it October 14th (technically midnight October 15th). Oh well, not too worried as it's not one of my first few choices
lol don't worry about it.
i applied for york in oct, didn't get to me until feb! my friend who applied a week earlier got her reply in november.
punctuation
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fnm)
lol don't worry about it.
i applied for york in oct, didn't get to me until feb! my friend who applied a week earlier got her reply in november.
Ah, I see. Well, thanks for letting me know. The admissions tutors are probably trying to figure out the Canadian equivalent for their conditional offer anyway. :lol:
Luccy.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Anyone else get a questionnaire from UCL to fill in yesterday?
punctuation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Luccy.)
No! You did?!
iammichealjackson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No! You did?!
They send them off at different times (based on last year). don't let TSR worry you lol :P
El_Sid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
Must.. resist.. urge to.. crush spirit.
I don't see how you could, Royal Holloway is fantastic for Psychology...? Whats wrong with it?
punctuation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iammichealjackson)
They send them off at different times (based on last year). don't let TSR worry you lol :P
Ah, okay. Haha, thanks. I'm international too, so it's surprisingly how quickly Exeter managed to give me an offer (5 days :O)
IBstudent123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whose applying to York or St. Andrews?? I can't choose between the two, and I would love to hear what you think about them!
Noodlzzz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As a UCL psych student, PM me if you want any advice on filling it out
Mmrawrr
Badges: 5
Report 7 years ago
I haven't But my application was only received a few days ago. When did you send yours off?
Congrats by the way, you are one step closer!
fnm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by IBstudent123)
Whose applying to York or St. Andrews?? I can't choose between the two, and I would love to hear what you think about them!
I would go for York. Very strong rep for psy. Tbh, I think overall York has a better rep, and I honestly think you'd have a better experience there in terms of student life, even though both are hardly massive for nightlife etc.
yaymeg
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm trying to build up a big list of those getting offers... so if you got an offer post it here =D

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1817193

I found the one last year really useful XD

x
punctuation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yaymeg)
I'm trying to build up a big list of those getting offers... so if you got an offer post it here =D

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1817193

I found the one last year really useful XD

x
Haha, looking at your signature, I'm applying to St John's for psychology too...

except in Oxford!
yaymeg
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haha, looking at your signature, I'm applying to St John's for psychology too...

except in Oxford!
I live in oxford XD Good oxford college choice, very good location =D ...
NICKYnackynockynoo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cup)
I'm applying BSc psychology at exeter
oh cool What were your AS grades and what are you predicted? also, has your application been sent off yet?x
punctuation
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yaymeg)
I live in oxford XD Good oxford college choice, very good location =D ...
Yep, both St John's are very pretty What made you choose Cambridge PPS over Oxford psych?
yaymeg
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yep, both St John's are very pretty What made you choose Cambridge PPS over Oxford psych?
I just wanted to go somewhere new for university, a chance to explore a new city. I've spent 18 years in Oxford and although I love the city a ridiculous amount, i need to get out now =P. I also liked the combination with politics and sociology offered at cambridge... although its unlikely i'll get in, but I thought i may as well have shot XD
DontJudge
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What jobs do you expect to get out of psychology?
Mmrawrr
Badges: 5
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DontJudge)
What jobs do you expect to get out of psychology?
I'm planning to go into anything that interests me. At the moment, I am really enjoying Psychopathology and enjoyed Individual Differences last year, so it seems like clinical psychology is the one for me. I know it's a highly competitive area, but I'll work hard and try my best to make it to the top. So yeah it's either becoming a clinical psychologist or maybe, become a lecturer or teacher or something. I enjoy teaching, so that'd be a pretty decent backup I think.
DontJudge
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mmrawrr)
I'm planning to go into anything that interests me. At the moment, I am really enjoying Psychopathology and enjoyed Individual Differences last year, so it seems like clinical psychology is the one for me. I know it's a highly competitive area, but I'll work hard and try my best to make it to the top. So yeah it's either becoming a clinical psychologist or maybe, become a lecturer or teacher or something. I enjoy teaching, so that'd be a pretty decent backup I think.
Is there anything thats less challenging, than psychopathology and clinical psychology?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads