Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    @Beckah - 1 I remember distinctly that it was worth 3 marks. First mark for simplifying 54^1/2 to 3*6^1/2................second for splitting 12 to 2* 6^1, and ending up with 2*6^1/2...........and the final mark for adding them together to get 5*6^1/2..............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Once you've shown that AB and BC are perpendicular, you can use 1/2bh to work out the area.

So, you work out the distance of AB and BC (and they come to rt10 and rt40).

A = 1/2 x rt10 x rt40 = 10

You probably had an incorrect value of the distance(s).
    Ohhhh okay, thanks . Did you use the pythagoras theorem to get rt10 and rt40 because i stupidly just used the coords not using the length of the line formula which i assume you used? Also, how many marks do you think finding the area would be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just Josh)
    That really sucks about your aunt, what a horrible thing to hear on the way to an exam respect for getting a C after hearing that. I got 16/18 in the coursework. I blew the 2 marks on the oral exam. Every other teacher seemed to be making sure their students got the 2 oral marks but na mine was a jerk. oh well how did your coursework fare?
    It was pretty ****, but to be fair I think I will have done better this time than I could've then, because I was much better prepared. I got 17 for the coursework so pretty much the same as you I'm hoping it's enough to bring up my overall C3 grade to an A, but we'll see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckah-1)
    Ohhhh okay, thanks . Did you use the pythagoras theorem to get rt10 and rt40 because i stupidly just used the coords not using the length of the line formula which i assume you used? Also, how many marks do you think finding the area would be?
    I used the length of the line formula.

And I think the area was 2-3 marks. You might get a mark for knowing the formula for a triangle and applying it, albeit with incorrect lengths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woffles)
    I remember being in the same panic last year haha. I did MEI OCR maths aswell (scarred me for life!) but got an A overall. If anyone needs help just PM me and i'll try my utmost to help out
    heyya, my c2 work. i was rushing so don't be too harsh. thanks.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    is there no full mark scheme then?

ReputationRep:
    can someone please post the question paper :P

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the last part of q11?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louci)
    can u guys remember the last part of question 11
    wat did u guys get for that
    the f(x) thing

i flooped it sooo badly man
    Did you find out what the question was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King-Panther)
    Did you find out what the question was?
    nope sorry
    guess u have a june exam right ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louci)
    nope sorry
    guess u have a june exam right ?
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    hu's here resitting c1 in june. if u were neeed a couple of help from some questions.

1) jan 11 q7 part i, q11 part iii and iv, q13 part iv

2) jan 08 q12 part iii

3) jun 06 q11 part iii

thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 16, 2012

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.