Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrnicholls)
    I hope that didn't come across as "bragging" or whatever, I was just wanting to know if that was something Reading did with most people or not.

Nottingham, but having read about "Shottingham" I don't want to go there hahaha. Anyway, Exeter is my first choice as it looks amazing at the cornwall campus, accommodation is lush and a student ambassador actually made the effort to ring me last night.
    Someone rung me to speak to me a few weeks ago, and I was really impressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsjordan)
    Haha no it didn't

Shottingham? I'm waiting for Nottingham too, but I got an email saying they've put my application on hold. Yeah Exeter is my first choice too
    Yeah, Nottingham put my application on hold too. I wish they'd just let us know, the waiting is killing me. Not that I want to go to Nottingham anyway but it's just nice to know

ReputationRep:
    anyone still waiting? i applied but i haven't heard from anyone and it's so frustrating!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wrnicholls)
    Yeah, I loved Bristol as a city but the course modules looked quite dull and the grades were A*AA I think. There was some confusion on what they were between the Bristol site, UCAS and some other source.
    Oh god are they that hight now? I got offered ABB 4 years ago!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I graduated in Zoology from Bristol last year and am now doing postgrad in the zoology department at Leeds, I also have a number of friends who have done the course elsewhere so just wanted to say hi and feel free to ask me anything about various courses!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astuart)
    Hi it's Aaron, got offers for Zoology from Newcastle, Nottingham, and Leicester which are all AAB also an offer from Cardiff which is ABB Still waiting on Bristol (my 1st choice). What's your offers??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't know if you have heard from Bristol yet but I know when I applied they were the last to get back to me by a very long way! Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laseine)
    anyone still waiting? i applied but i haven't heard from anyone and it's so frustrating!!
    I'm still waiting too had an email from the one I applied for saying they haven't been able to make a decision on me yet, but hopefully will soon. (Over Xmas period) good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Finallyyy Bristols started releasing their offers! AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessB-94)
    Hey Everyone I am new to this but thought now was a good time to join with starting Uni in October. I have only applied to reading as that is the best place for me and the zoology course sounds great I have had an offer email but so far ucas haven't put anything on track so I don't know what the grades are. Anybody else applying for zoology at reading as their firm choice? ohh and does anybody know how long it usually takes ucas to update track after the email from reading zoology admissions?
    Don't worry, it was the same for me for my Reading offer. It will probably be my firm choice I got a personal email from the admissions tutor and nothing had come up on track for 3 weeks so I emailed them to see what was going on. They said it was because they were very busy at this time, but coincidentally or not, a few hours after receiving the reply, my offer came through on UCAS.
    If your offer doesn't come through in a few weeks, I would contemplate emailing them but otherwise it's just a waiting game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astuart)
    Finallyyy Bristols started releasing their offers! AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kristi3)
    Don't worry, it was the same for me for my Reading offer. It will probably be my firm choice I got a personal email from the admissions tutor and nothing had come up on track for 3 weeks so I emailed them to see what was going on. They said it was because they were very busy at this time, but coincidentally or not, a few hours after receiving the reply, my offer came through on UCAS.
    If your offer doesn't come through in a few weeks, I would contemplate emailing them but otherwise it's just a waiting game.
    It's been just over a week since I got my personal email so it might not come for a couple of weeks then :L I am just being impatient, I really want to know what grades I need to get

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm am stuck between Manchester and Bristol. Manchester as a city looks well fun and the sandwich year and field courses look amazing. The Bristol course seems a bit boring to me but their ties with the BBC Natural History Unit are really relevant to me! Can anybody offer their insight into the two cities and courses?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    is anyone here on an Access Course at the moment with offers for Zoology?
    It would be great if you could tell me what your offers are?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trevor86)
    My UCAS application was delayed due to tutor absence. It's complete so I'm really hoping it'll get sent when term commences.

Is anyone applying for International Wildlife Biology at Glamorgan?...
    I've got this as my 1st choice as I found the course content it has to offer uniquely fascinating.

Trev.
    I'm late replying because of the same reason!

I've applied to do Zoology at Sheffield, Marine Zoology at Hull & Bangor, and Marine Science at SAMS & Falmouth Marine School (I'm already there doing my BTEC & I know the tutors so I hope they cut me some slack! aha)

I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on replies from any of these uni's & they had applied to these too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leogamberini)
    Hmmmm am stuck between Manchester and Bristol. Manchester as a city looks well fun and the sandwich year and field courses look amazing. The Bristol course seems a bit boring to me but their ties with the BBC Natural History Unit are really relevant to me! Can anybody offer their insight into the two cities and courses?
    Bristol is a nice place, there is loads to see and do and has good rail links to the rest of the country. don't know about Manchester as a city but wouldn't you rather do the course that will interest you more than the course that has links with the BBC but might be boring?. if you try hard I am sure you could get into contact with the BBC natural history unit anyway. in the long run if you went to Bristol and ended up finding the course boring and dropped out it would just set you back a bit :L from what I remember the Bristol zoology course is more general biology than focusing on zoology but the last time I looked at their course was in summer last year.
    If it was me I would go for Manchester because the course sounds more interesting . hope I helped a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieroese)
    I'm still waiting too had an email from the one I applied for saying they haven't been able to make a decision on me yet, but hopefully will soon. (Over Xmas period) good luck!
    did you only apply to one? i just got an unconditional from one of my unis so im happy now, i can be pmore patient!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaraaaaaa)
    I'm late replying because of the same reason!

I've applied to do Zoology at Sheffield, Marine Zoology at Hull & Bangor, and Marine Science at SAMS & Falmouth Marine School (I'm already there doing my BTEC & I know the tutors so I hope they cut me some slack! aha)

I was just wondering if anyone had any insight on replies from any of these uni's & they had applied to these too?
    I've applied to study zoology and animal behaviour at Bangor. I've only received an acknowledgement. Hopefully they'll start getting back to us now the deadline has been an gone

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laseine)
    did you only apply to one? i just got an unconditional from one of my unis so im happy now, i can be pmore patient!
    Yeah, I've applied to other stuff but this ones my second choice ahhh, congrats! Which one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieroese)
    Yeah, I've applied to other stuff but this ones my second choice ahhh, congrats! Which one?
    i just want to know!!! queen mary's! not too surprised tbh, i exceeded the required grades. it's the others i'm worried about.

ReputationRep:
    my first choice is Southampton need aab predicted abb tho, i got an offer from there recently woo

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.