Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    You are quite a simplistic boy aren't you?
    I prefer to be simple and correct, than thrash around trying to make something fit my views, and being wrong.

You decide i'm wrong, when i'm not.
    No you were wrong.

My views are irrelevent, the facts showed you were wrong.

What part of them didn't you understand?

Then you go off on one completely, trying to be a pedant throughout, while being wrong.
    No, you were wrong.

It's really as simple as that.

You said they had no choice, but on further examination we discovered they did have a choice, therefore you were wrong, it's really that easy.

They don't get to pick the house they get to live in.
    Well of course they don't get to pick the individual house, only a lunatic would suggest that, very few people in life do, or we'd all be standing outside Buckingham palace screaming "I saw it first, it's mine!"

:rolleyes:

They are given options
    There you go you see?

They get a choice.

I don't see how you can say it, and fail to understand it at the same time.

and all of those options are the same for all immigrants in a given city.
    Exactly, they all get the same choice, and yet they don't end up in a big mix, they end up with their own race, because that is what THEY chose.

*sigh*

Getting it so far?
    I got it on day one, I am waiting for you to catch up.

So, if 1000 immigrants have the same list of places to stay, chances are they'll all be living close together, in a concentrated area.
    No, not if that list is scattered the length and breadth of the country, which it is.

They don't have any options on the list where there wouldn't be a high concentratio of immigrants, because they all have to live in the poorer areas, where there will liekly be more immigrants who had the same "choices" How much more simple do you want the concept?
    I don't need the concept any simpler, I just need you to grow a brain so you can understand it.

We know they only have limited choices, that applies to everyone, right?

There are not huge council estates in the middle of no where, they are all in cities.

So if I applied for a council house tomorrow I would get the same list.

Follow it so far?

Yes, there would be more immigrants in those regions than in non-council house regions, but there are also almost 100% white options, there are also options that have very large black communities, or chinese communities, or Indian communities, or Bangladeshi communities, or Pakistani communities, yes?

Got it so far?

So when a person moves here, why do they end up in the same area as other people of the same race, more often than not?

That's right, because they chose to!!

It's that simple, god knows why you can't grasp it.

Explain how the expat comments you made prove any point i made was wrong.
    See above, and if you can't work it out from that you are even more stupid than I gave you credit for being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul Bedford)
    I prefer to be simple and correct, than thrash around trying to make something fit my views, and being wrong.

No you were wrong.

My views are irrelevent, the facts showed you were wrong.

What part of them didn't you understand?

No, you were wrong.

It's really as simple as that.

You said they had no choice, but on further examination we discovered they did have a choice, therefore you were wrong, it's really that easy.

Well of course they don't get to pick the individual house, only a lunatic would suggest that, very few people in life do, or we'd all be standing outside Buckingham palace screaming "I saw it first, it's mine!"

There you go you see?

They get a choice.

I don't see how you can say it, and fail to understand it at the same time.

Exactly, they all get the same choice, and yet they don't end up in a big mix, they end up with their own race, because that is what THEY chose.

*sigh*

I got it on day one, I am waiting for you to catch up.

No, not if that list is scattered the length and breadth of the country, which it is.

I don't need the concept any simpler, I just need you to grow a brain so you can understand it.

We know they only have limited choices, that applies to everyone, right?

There are not huge council estates in the middle of no where, they are all in cities.

So if I applied for a council house tomorrow I would get the same list.

Follow it so far?

Yes, there would be more immigrants in those regions than in non-council house regions, but there are also almost 100% white options, there are also options that have very large black communities, or chinese communities, or Indian communities, or Bangladeshi communities, or Pakistani communities, yes?

Got it so far?

So when a person moves here, why do they end up in the same area as other people of the same race, more often than not?

That's right, because they chose to!!

It's that simple, god knows why you can't grasp it.

See above, and if you can't work it out from that you are even more stupid than I gave you credit for being.
    Lo and behold, this boy is a moron.

The reason they end up in a concentrated area, you have agreed, is because the choice is restricted to those areas. So how is it their fault that they all end up near each other?

You said the facts prove i was wrong! What facts? The things you stated as fact, when you clearly don't know any of the facts? What links did you provide, with the facts on the housing of immigrants?Simple, simple boy.

100% whit options? Where? 100% black options? Where? Since neanrly all inner city areas in Britain are home predominantly to ethnic minorites, i'd say your make-believe stats are screwed. Especially in the areas that immigrants are sent to by the government. They dont have the option of livig in a housing estate in Yorkshire, do they? The government places them. The government provides the lists. The have a MINIMAL choice- but that choice does not include the option of living anywhere other than a poor area- where all other immigrants live too. So, in short, clear language, they have no choice but to live near other immigrants. You are half-witted if you don't get that. Dont make yourself look any more stupid by trying to argue agaisnt it.

ReputationRep:
    See above? So in that post, there is proof that your expat comments disproved something i earlier said? You are trying to wriggle out by asking me to get it. Your trying to show im wrong with your expat comments, so show it. Wjy should i? Let everyone else in on your revelation too! I cant find any proof of how i was wrong. Because i wasnt. So its up to you to find proof that i was. Relating of course, to your expat comments.

ReputationRep:
    Lo and behold, this boy is a moron.
    Compared with you I'm Einstein.

So how is it their fault that they all end up near each other?
    FFS you really are perhaps the most stupid person I have ever come across in my life.

I mean that most sincerely, it's not an insult.

They chose where they ended up, even you have said that you brain dead idiot.

You said the facts prove i was wrong!
    Yes!

What facts?
    How slowly do I need to speak for you?

Do you actually understand English?

You said they had no choice, the facts state they did have a choice, therefore the facts prove you wrong.

Why is it you can not grasp that very simple notion?

The things you stated as fact, when you clearly don't know any of the facts? What links did you provide, with the facts on the housing of immigrants?
    I worked in housing in my off year you moron.

100% whit options? Where? 100% black options? Where? Since neanrly all inner city areas in Britain are home predominantly to ethnic minorites, i'd say your make-believe stats are screwed.
    You are truely an idiot.

Let me break it down yet again for you.

I'm so glad I am not your mother, I pity her.

The ethnic community population size is 7.9% of the total UK population or 4,694,681 people out of a total population of 58,84,8579.

Follow it so far?

So 92.1% is white, including certain inner city areas.

Now, we break it down even further.

According to the 2001 Home Office census, ethnic minority groups were more likely to live in England than in the other countries of the UK. In England, they make up 9% of the total population, compared with only 3% in both Scotland and Wales, and 1% in Northern Ireland.

So here we see, for example, they chose to avoid certain areas that are more white than some of the other options open to them.

Got that bit?

The ethnic minority populations are concentrated in the large urban centres, with nearly half 45.7% living in the London region, where they make up 29% of London population.

Follow that bit, ok?

Stop me if any of it becomes to complicated for your tiny little brain.

It is widely accepted that ethnic minority communities live in distinct regions, which can be identified across the UK.

Still with me?

78% of Black Africans live in London
    61% of Black Caribbeans live in London
    54% of Bangladeshis live in London (within the boroughs of Camden and Tower Hamlets)

Other communities are slightly more dispersed, but still quite clearly identifiable, with significant numbers across the UK:

Indians are concentrated largely in London, Leicester, Wolverhampton and Slough
    Pakistanis are concentrated in London, Slough, Luton, West Midlands, Manchester and Yorkshire (Bradford)
    Bangladeshis are concentrated in Tower Hamlets, Camden, Luton, Oldham and the West Midlands

Ok?

You still with us?

So why does the Pakistani end up in Slough, but not in Wolverhampton?

Why does the Indian end up in Wolverhampton, but not Tower Hamlets?

Why does the Bangladeshi end up in Camden, but not Bradford?

Answer?

Because they chose to move into the communities of people of similar race to their own.

It was THEIR choice.

What part of this can you not grasp?

They dont have the option of livig in a housing estate in Yorkshire, do they?
    Yes they do you stupid moron, see above, Yorkshire has a massive Pakistani community that CHOSE to live there.

Got it this time?

If you havent then you really need to go get help, because it is not that complicated.

ReputationRep:
    See above? So in that post, there is proof that your expat comments disproved something i earlier said?
    You really are that stupid?

Do you not even bother to read your own posts?

You said It really does all come down the fear of the unknown and I showed you that many of the people who made that choice were not making it from a fear of the unknown, but clearly knew far more than you, which is hardly very difficult, I would suspect 99.9% of the population is included in that bracket.

ReputationRep:
    You really are that stupid?

Do you not even bother to read your own posts?

You said It really does all come down the fear of the unknown and I showed you that many of the people who made that choice were not making it from a fear of the unknown, but clearly knew far more than you, which is hardly very difficult, I would suspect 99.9% of the population is included in that bracket.

You are very grating, i tell you. "Many were ex-pats" How many? How many more were not? And those that did move away and come back, where did they go? France? The commonwealth countries? You didnt show me that many were ex-pats. You stated it. And things you state are not necessariyl facts. Moving to bloody France doesnt constitute kno ing everything there is to know about other cultures, you ****.

ReputationRep:
    You are very grating, i tell you. "Many were ex-pats" How many?
    It doesn't matter how many, even if it was just one it still shows you are wrong.

You said It really does all come down the fear of the unknown and I showed you that many of the people who made that choice were not making it from a fear of the unknown, but clearly knew far more than you.

It doesn't matter if it's 1 or 1 billion, it shows you were wrong, because your statement said it was none.

Now have you finished making an idiot of yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Compared with you I'm Einstein.

FFS you really are perhaps the most stupid person I have ever come across in my life.

I mean that most sincerely, it's not an insult.

They chose where they ended up, even you have said that you brain dead idiot.

Yes!

How slowly do I need to speak for you?

Do you actually understand English?

You said they had no choice, the facts state they did have a choice, therefore the facts prove you wrong.

Why is it you can not grasp that very simple notion?

I worked in housing in my off year you moron.

You are truely an idiot.

Let me break it down yet again for you.

I'm so glad I am not your mother, I pity her.

The ethnic community population size is 7.9% of the total UK population or 4,694,681 people out of a total population of 58,84,8579.

Follow it so far?

So 92.1% is white, including certain inner city areas.

Now, we break it down even further.

According to the 2001 Home Office census, ethnic minority groups were more likely to live in England than in the other countries of the UK. In England, they make up 9% of the total population, compared with only 3% in both Scotland and Wales, and 1% in Northern Ireland.

So here we see, for example, they chose to avoid certain areas that are more white than some of the other options open to them.

Got that bit?

The ethnic minority populations are concentrated in the large urban centres, with nearly half 45.7% living in the London region, where they make up 29% of London population.

Follow that bit, ok?

Stop me if any of it becomes to complicated for your tiny little brain.

It is widely accepted that ethnic minority communities live in distinct regions, which can be identified across the UK.

Still with me?

78% of Black Africans live in London
    61% of Black Caribbeans live in London
    54% of Bangladeshis live in London (within the boroughs of Camden and Tower Hamlets)

Other communities are slightly more dispersed, but still quite clearly identifiable, with significant numbers across the UK:

Indians are concentrated largely in London, Leicester, Wolverhampton and Slough
    Pakistanis are concentrated in London, Slough, Luton, West Midlands, Manchester and Yorkshire (Bradford)
    Bangladeshis are concentrated in Tower Hamlets, Camden, Luton, Oldham and the West Midlands

Ok?

You still with us?

So why does the Pakistani end up in Slough, but not in Wolverhampton?

Why does the Indian end up in Wolverhampton, but not Tower Hamlets?

Why does the Bangladeshi end up in Camden, but not Bradford?

Answer?

Because they chose to move into the communities of people of similar race to their own.

It was THEIR choice.

What part of this can you not grasp?

Yes they do you stupid moron, see above, Yorkshire has a massive Pakistani community that CHOSE to live there.

Got it this time?

If you havent then you really need to go get help, because it is not that complicated.
    Right. Circles are boring. You just don't get the fact that the choices for immigrants are limited to certain areas, areas where lots of immigrants live. So, they don't have a choice to not live near other immigrants. Thats as simple as it gets. And i won't argue this any further, because if you can't get that, god help you.

My god, you use the fact that 9% come to England as part of your argument?You say that this shows they avoided Scotland or Wales? Despite the fact that they are whole countries, and we are talking about regions, not countries. Despite the fact that when you look at the size of England compared to Wales, it becomes logical to assume that the bigger places will get a bigger percentage of immigrants DELIVERED to them?

Don't you take into account that the reason so many are in London is because of the sheer size of London, the sheer amount of urbanisation in London, suitable for immigrants, the amount of oppurtunities jobswise available in London... You are such a simpleton it's unbelieveable.

And we are talkig about recent immigration in any case- and future immigration, and how it will change Britain. Those asian communites are from decades ago, and when you consider the racial tension there was back then, it would be entirely easy to see why people would band together, if they had the choice(whether they did or not is debatable, given that racism was so prevalent back then that a lot of places refused point blank to associate with minorities- it was white people then who wanted the segregation, not the other way round. remember the signs? No dogs.no blacks.no irish)
    Grasp it, boy

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter how many, even if it was just one it still shows you are wrong.

You said It really does all come down the fear of the unknown and I showed you that many of the people who made that choice were not making it from a fear of the unknown, but clearly knew far more than you.

It doesn't matter if it's 1 or 1 billion, it shows you were wrong, because your statement said it was none.

Now have you finished making an idiot of yourself?
    My statement didn't say it was none though did it? My statemnet was generic. It said that i believe a lot of fear about immigration is a fear of the unknown. Not all fear. Or it shouldnt have been read that way. I expect people on here to be intelligent enough to analyse, not simply read the statements with no proper thought processes. And besides, that era you talk of doesnt relate to todays immigration attitudes, does it? Did these ex-pats have a lot of experience with Islamic followers then? Or did they move to France and Spain? Im going to bed, you are a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    It really does all coe down the fear of the unknown, and that is why the more conservative you are, the less change you want., because the more you fear.
    What a stupid thing to say.

You dont want to change the radiator temprature - because you FEAR it getting hotter?

You dont change your hair colour because you FEAR being a blonde?

You continue to buy BBQ crips because you FEAR cheese and onion?

Yes of course - the reason that people dont want change in some areas of their lives is all down to fear... it has nothing to do at time with a personal prefernce and simply liking the way things are?

ReputationRep:
    Right. Circles are boring. You just don't get the fact that the choices for immigrants are limited to certain areas, areas where lots of immigrants live.
    FFS are you certified mental or something?

Please tell me you are, because I couldn't bear to think that you were a normal person with your levels of idiocy.

Yes, there choices are limited, all our choices are limited you brain dead sack of worthlessness.

What do you expect them to be offered, the hilton hotel? Buckingham palace? The Taj freaking mahal?

Yes there choices are limited, but they are choices, right?

And they chose to live with people of their own race, right?

They have options not to, that indian could opt to live in a pakistani community, or west indian community, or white community, but THEY chose not to, THEY chose to live with their own race.

What part of this are you to stupid to understand?

So, they don't have a choice to not live near other immigrants.
    Yes they do, see my posts above!!!

For crying out loud, can't you see how stupid you are making yourself look here?

My god, you use the fact that 9% come to England as part of your argument?
    What do you want me to say?

You want me to say it's 999988938974884%?

You say that this shows they avoided Scotland or Wales?
    No, it shows they chose to move to wales doesn't it?

Despite the fact that they are whole countries, and we are talking about regions, not countries.
    FFS what do you think the friggin regions are in?

Do you think Yorkshire is outside of the UK or something you idiot?

Despite the fact that when you look at the size of England compared to Wales, it becomes logical to assume that the bigger places will get a bigger percentage of immigrants DELIVERED to them?
    They chose to go to England numpty.

They could have selected Glasgow or Cardiff as one of their options you pratt.

Why didn't they?

Because they would rather live with people of their own race.

And we are talkig about recent immigration in any case- and future immigration, and how it will change Britain. Those asian communites are from decades ago, and when you consider the racial tension there was back then, it would be entirely easy to see why people would band together, if they had the choice
    So now you are actually starting to admit it?

It was their choice.

remember the signs? No dogs.no blacks.no irish
    Yes, I remember they were in America you fool.

Just for your information the race relations act came in 1976, before 90% of the immigration population moved to this country.

I hate idiots.

ReputationRep:
    My statement didn't say it was none though did it?
    Yes, because your statement used the word ALL, all requires a totality that leaves none on the other side.

It said that i believe a lot of fear about immigration is a fear of the unknown.
    No, now you are not just proving you are an idiot, you are also proving you are a liar.

At no time did you say "a lot"

I expect people on here to be intelligent enough to analyse
    Why?

You are clearly the most stupid person on this website I have encountered so far, in fact you are probably the most stupid person I have encountered in my life.

So why do you expect people to be intelligent when you don't see fit to make the effort yourself?

I personally expect people to say what they mean, and not lie about it later to try to cover their ignorant ass.

Did these ex-pats have a lot of experience with Islamic followers then? Or did they move to France and Spain?
    Here's a clue for you Sherlock

I said "I seem to recall that many of the anti-immigration Conservative voters in the 1970's were ex-pats who had returned from abroad after many nations had gained independence."

Now at what part of the 1970's did France or Spain gain their independance from the British Comonwealth?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because your statement used the word ALL, all requires a totality that leaves none on the other side.

No, now you are not just proving you are an idiot, you are also proving you are a liar.

At no time did you say "a lot"

Why?

You are clearly the most stupid person on this website I have encountered so far, in fact you are probably the most stupid person I have encountered in my life.

So why do you expect people to be intelligent when you don't see fit to make the effort yourself?

I personally expect people to say what they mean, and not lie about it later to try to cover their ignorant ass.

Here's a clue for you Sherlock

I said "I seem to recall that many of the anti-immigration Conservative voters in the 1970's were ex-pats who had returned from abroad after many nations had gained independence."

Now at what part of the 1970's did France or Spain gain their independance from the British Comonwealth?
    read my post again. Get it right, delete this tosh. Try again. One example of your clear inability to contend someone- where did i say that France or Spain were part of the commonwealth? I mention commonwealth. I mention France and spaind. Dumbass thinks i mean france and spain gained independence from the commonwealth in the 1970's. Unless of course, you were trying to be witty or cutting.

ReputationRep:
    FFS are you certified mental or something?

Please tell me you are, because I couldn't bear to think that you were a normal person with your levels of idiocy.

Yes, there choices are limited, all our choices are limited you brain dead sack of worthlessness.

What do you expect them to be offered, the hilton hotel? Buckingham palace? The Taj freaking mahal?

Yes there choices are limited, but they are choices, right?

And they chose to live with people of their own race, right?

They have options not to, that indian could opt to live in a pakistani community, or west indian community, or white community, but THEY chose not to, THEY chose to live with their own race.

What part of this are you to stupid to understand?

Yes they do, see my posts above!!!

For crying out loud, can't you see how stupid you are making yourself look here?

What do you want me to say?

You want me to say it's 999988938974884%?

No, it shows they chose to move to wales doesn't it?

FFS what do you think the friggin regions are in?

Do you think Yorkshire is outside of the UK or something you idiot?

They chose to go to England numpty.

They could have selected Glasgow or Cardiff as one of their options you pratt.

Why didn't they?

Because they would rather live with people of their own race.

So now you are actually starting to admit it?

It was their choice.

Yes, I remember they were in America you fool.

Just for your information the race relations act came in 1976, before 90% of the immigration population moved to this country.

I hate idiots.
    Dear god, the idiocy here... one more, one more, one more time. They get options where there are only other immigrants there. So the choice they have doesnt include the capacity to live away from other immigrants. This is the situation today. So they cant be blamed for being in a concentrated area.

Back decades ago, it was different. They may or may not have had more choice. But if they did have a choice, you can see why they would huddle together, to get away from the rscism

ReputationRep:
    OMG the village idiot is still here.

I had hoped that the one honest statement you were going to make tonight was the one where you said you were going to bed.

read my post again.
    Why?

It was a bunch of ignorant ramblings, from a brain dead loser, that I showed was completely wrong?

Why should I want to inflict the discomfort of reading it all over again upon myself?

where did i say that France or Spain were part of the commonwealth?
    I said comonwealth and you suggested they had come from spain or france.

Why would you suggest that in response to a comment about countries that had gained independence from Britain in the last century?

Do you have a purpose for that last post, or are you up for some award for dumb idiot of the year, and you are desperate to make sure you win by continuing to make the most stupid posts ever in this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Dear god, the idiocy here... one more, one more, one more time. They get options where there are only other immigrants there.
    Except I have already shown that is not the case.

So the choice they have doesnt include the capacity to live away from other immigrants.
    Yes it does you idiot, and what's more they have choices within those ethnic communities, yet they chose their own the majority of times.

I can't believe you are to stupid to understand this.

Are you just trying to wind me up?

You are not this stupid really are you?

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha, cottonmouth you've just been soundly beaten. Time to pull out before you really make a fool of yourself

ReputationRep:
    Some would say it's already far too late for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    What a stupid thing to say.

You dont want to change the radiator temprature - because you FEAR it getting hotter?

You dont change your hair colour because you FEAR being a blonde?

You continue to buy BBQ crips because you FEAR cheese and onion?

Yes of course - the reason that people dont want change in some areas of their lives is all down to fear... it has nothing to do at time with a personal prefernce and simply liking the way things are?
    What stupid analogies! I say fear of the unknown. You KNOW it will get hotter if you turn th heat up. You KNOW what colour your hair will be when you dye it.:rolleyes:

You dont KNOW ehat effect immigrnats may or may not have on your life, whether it will have a positive or negative effect. Try harder, lawyer.

ReputationRep:
    Haha beaten? I really don't think so. The boy just wouldn't grasp what i was saying. He thinks they have the option to live away from other immigrnats, but pick their own. I say they don't have a choice but to live near immigrants. And that is correct. Being told i'm beaten by two people who hate my views in general really doesn't mean anything.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.