Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is it true most singaporeans are very "kia su"?

my brother always goes on about how kia su his university singaporan course mates are. pretty funny!

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps haha, Singaporeans admit that they're all kiasu, but I think the level of 'kiasu-ness' is a bit overrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iz_a_bell)
    is it true most singaporeans are very "kia su"?

my brother always goes on about how kia su his university singaporan course mates are. pretty funny!
    Uniquely Singapore™ :cool:
    Haha I heard all(almost) NSFs have to be involved in some way or another during NDP time. Marshalling/Ushering, packing of goodie bags etc. And the girls think the goodie bags are packed by some magical force.
    Haha nope. Maybe 20% of us will be involved, but definitely far from the majority. =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WQtRiggEr)
    And the girls think the goodie bags are packed by some magical force.
    You mean they arne't? *gasp. There goes 20 years of delusion.

Kiasu? Moi? Noooooooooo.

Oi. I said no football! (I went to clarke quay's crazy elephant last night, and found to my great joy that it's a no-football zone. Woot!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    Oi. I said no football! (I went to clarke quay's crazy elephant last night, and found to my great joy that it's a no-football zone. Woot!)
    Go to Brewerkz, best place to eat in city. And its also got football.

@ iz a bel

Take it from another foreigner, most Singaporeans I know are quite kiasu. Some aren't but that's a very limited minority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WQtRiggEr)
    Haha he just refereed the match between Sweden and Trinidad & Tobago. He gave out the first red card of the tournament.
    There was this particular moment during this match when the commentator showed a fan in the crowd saying "that's the famous west indian batsman Brian Lara"... very funny, cuz at that very moment Brian lara was playing against India in St Lucia.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone going to Warwick? I'll be studying Law and Business Studies this September. Seems like very few Singaporeans go to Warwick.. Lots of Malaysians though, heh.

ReputationRep:
    Hey sangoire. =) hmm, tried the Warwick board? You're right about the loads of Malaysians heading to Warwick.. know 2 of them myself. 0 Singaporeans. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tried the Warwick boards, no luck Either that or the Singaporeans going there dunno about this forum. I think Warwick has so few Singaporeans that they don't even have a Singapore rep... There's a Malaysian rep though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you will meet some on campus or at some bristish council studying in the UK thing.

Warwick must have had some good experience with singaporean students to have considered(and rejected) setting up in singapore. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Warwick's my insurance...hmm but yes I don't know of anyone else headed there, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    It's alright, I'll probably find people at the pre-departure briefing. Thanks for your comments!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sangoire)
    It's alright, I'll probably find people at the pre-departure briefing. Thanks for your comments!
    Is everyone here going for the pre-dept briefing? =)

ReputationRep:
    You talking about the British Council one? Yeah, I'm going...

ReputationRep:
    Meeeee.

I'm seeing time just slip through my fingers...bye bye time...tata...see ya....au revoir...

Procrastination should be illegal.

ReputationRep:
    I probably won't be going this year... ^o) I went for it last year. :p:

Pretty useful stuff BTW especially when you get all the juice guides from current students at the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Probably will go NEXT year, but ask them for the goodies anyway. :p: I don't think they'd decline, seeing that these universities are near desperate to retain us!

Warwick was definitely one of my top choices for me. If I could have a 2nd insurance, it'd be PPE @ Warwick for me! I did fill up this survey form which they sent me though - I think everyone who was given an offer but rejected it was asked to fill up the survey.

And that reminds me - I've yet to complete the UCAS survey!

P.s. Val, Socceruuuuleeezzzzz. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    Probably will go NEXT year, but ask them for the goodies anyway. :p: I don't think they'd decline, seeing that these universities are near desperate to retain us!

Warwick was definitely one of my top choices for me. If I could have a 2nd insurance, it'd be PPE @ Warwick for me! I did fill up this survey form which they sent me though - I think everyone who was given an offer but rejected it was asked to fill up the survey.

And that reminds me - I've yet to complete the UCAS survey!

P.s. Val, Socceruuuuleeezzzzz. :p:
    I didn't receive any survey to complete!? ^o) I did the UCAS one though. =]

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did the UCAS one too.

Nutter darling, it most definitely does not. Especially when it makes perfectly sane people join perfectly good words together with extra vowels and zs where they don't exist.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    So only me, Fa|ique and life_rockz are going for the pre-departure briefing, eh. Oh I've already got Cooking to a Degree courtesy of my paranoid mother - she's highly sceptical of my cooking skills. :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.