Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Greatest Human in the History of History Watch

ReputationRep:
    Charles Darwin and Neil Armstrong for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalteseMalteser)
    I believe the greatest historian to have ever lived is Thucydides.
    What about Leopold Von Rank? Much of the way of examining primary sources is derived from his work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrow.7)
    Let me rephrase that: Cromwell First modern person who fought against the system and won
    committing the words first recorded systematic genocide in the process

ReputationRep:
    Muhammad (saw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rational Thinker)
    What about Leopold Von Rank? Much of the way of examining primary sources is derived from his work
    In the modern era then yes you might be correct, but to me Thucydides takes it because of the way he remained neutral and trying to hide his prejudices. Also he put in dates during an era when dates weren't kept, and made sure he at least attempted to analyse his sources too - all of this in the 5th/4th Century BC. But that's just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody can be the greatest human ever even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat over young boys should to let him know the world hadn't ended

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.