Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel: 11th and 14th June 2013 (Linear) 1MA0/1H + 2H (Official Thread) Watch

• View Poll Results: Are you confident about your maths exam?
    Very confident
    17.61%
    Quiet confident
    38.03%
    Satisfactory
    26.06%
    Not confident
    18.31%

ReputationRep:
    can you post the hard question on this forum so you don't have to keep on sending them
    ASAP

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this tomorrow, hoping for an A* so I can do the FSMQ next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone feeling about the exam tomorrow? I'm quite confident, but i hope I don't make any silly mistakes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by w0tSuhail)
    Everyone lets keep this topic going!
    Reply quicker guys! The exam is in 2 days timeish

Answer these questions of mine:
    What grade are you aiming for? What will you most likely get?
    What are you revising on the most?
    Aiming for an A*
    Probably an A unless A* topics I'm good at come up.

Graphs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    Aiming for an A*
    Probably an A unless A* topics I'm good at come up.

Graphs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh Same! I'm eager to get an A* so I can do ADD Maths next year. (I'm currently in YR10)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by organism)
    Attachment 225227

URGENT!!
    Would appreciate if you would all do this and tell me what you get??
    Ooor, if you think the time is 10mins like this post. If you get 20mins for the time, tell me how u got it??

Thank you...
    The answer is 10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Zigzag paper? huh? whats that.

I can't bring myself to revise just feeling to nervous about it all.

did past papers yesterday for June 11 paper, got spot 163 marks, which was an A* exactly, haha. But I think that was just lucky. Need a B for uni, but would be nice if I could get an A

ReputationRep:
    What is this zig zag paper?

ReputationRep:
    Where can I get some past papers? Someone, quick

ReputationRep:
    Where can I get some past papers? Someone, quick
    PASS PAPERS!!!-http://www.bland.in/GCSE%20Maths/

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!This is my resit.Last time i got an a.Going for an a*.Shouldn't be too hard after doing additional maths and covering a level stuff

ReputationRep:
    http://www.edexcelmathspapers.tk/ here is the link for all edexcel papers for the linear spec. And this link http://www.bland.in/GCSE%20Maths/ also has past papers but has past paper questions by topic.

ReputationRep:
    can someone please post the questions that everyone is doing?

ReputationRep:
    What grade are you aiming for? What will you most likely get?
    What are you revising on the most?
    1.A*.2.A if I do badly and make stupid mistakes, otherwise I'm on target for my much needed A*.
    2. Exam technique- just been doing past papers after doing all the content.

Hopefully the paper won't have too many complex questions, like the June 2011 surface area formula question (although if something like that came up I'd be able to do it )
    My tip to anyone looking to do some last night revision, then do past papers; two months ago I was scraping an A, and now I'm doing quite well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Almost all topics can be tested on either paper because they don't need a calculator or because the numbers they choose are so easy that it is reasonable to expect you to work them out without one.

A few topics require a calculator

Trigonometry - SOHCAHTOA, Sine rule, Cosine rule, Area=0.5abSinC
    Quadratic formula
    Trial and Improvement

A few topics are usually calculator

Compound interest
    Calculating an estimate for the mean of grouped data
    Area and volume involving pi (circles, segments, cylinders, hemispheres etc) but can be on non-calc if answers are to be left in terms of pi or if it's an A/A* question that would mostly be solved algebraically
    Pythagoras (though could be non-calc if numbers are easy)
    Direct and Inverse proportion (if tested) though could be non-calc if numbers are easy

The quadratic formula DOESN'T always need a calculator. They may ask you to work out your answer in surd form, or the discriminant (b^2-4ac) might be a cube number, so you will obtain a whole number if you square root it, so practice that without a calculator, because it can come up!

Again, sectors, segments etc may be asked numerically to really test the mathematical ability of the top A* students.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAPTUT)
    PASS PAPERS!!!-http://www.bland.in/GCSE%20Maths/

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!This is my resit.Last time i got an a.Going for an a*.Shouldn't be too hard after doing additional maths and covering a level stuff

This is my resit too, I got a B last time, going for an A. You do keep your best mark don't you?

ReputationRep:
    do you guys know about trigonometric graphs like all the graphs for sin x, cos x and tan x, and their associated transformations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tw15st3d)
    do you guys know about trigonometric graphs like all the graphs for sin x, cos x and tan x, and their associated transformations

No, I'm not spending me time on that...should I?

ReputationRep:
    Would you say 80 marks per paper would be an A??

ReputationRep:
    On questions where it says 'explain why so an so's predition is wrong' do you basically just work it out and show all your workings? I really don't get how to do the written questions?

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not spending me time on that...should I?
    Unless you know them, I would go over them if you are aiming for an A/A* as the last question is normally based on this:

y=f(x) and about the minimum point and stuffffffff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.