Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FOOD AND DRINK: THE TSR Brekkie Cereal Champion! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Frosties. Dry they're a delicious little snack, in milk they're...a delicious breakfast. Cereal bars? Yep, still delicious. They're always gonna taste great!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I like Frosties dry, but not with milk.. which defeats the object a bit. Golden Nuggets, however are good on their own or with milk, so I'll go with them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I like both, but Frosties edge it for me.

ReputationRep:
    FROSTIES. S'all about the sugarrr. Screw Klondike Pete and his mule, it's the tiger I want! He's (you guessed it) greaaaaat!

ReputationRep:
    Dani, you screwed that joke up terribly! I'm, quite frankly, offended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    Dani, you screwed that joke up terribly! I'm, quite frankly, offended.
    HOW?!? So much criticism lately!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, oh, since you put it like that, Dando -

When you place stress on a word in text, you repeat the letter you want to be repeated when vocalised, right? So when I write "Help!", but I'm yelling it for a long time, I write "HELLLLLLP!" - because it's the "l" that's lengthened.

In the Frosties catchphrase, the entire point of the pun is that he's a Tiger, and he's growling. Hence, "Grrrrrrrrreat!" - the way you wrote it, it'd sound phonetically like he's saying "They're Gray-ay-ay-ay-ay-ay-tuh."

So there. :P Nyeh-Nyeh.

(This is also why I get ratty when people write stuff like, "I LOVEEEEEEEEE you!" because phonetically that's saying "Luhv-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee-ee")

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Pedantic subnatures aside, with all the Kelloggs Frosties fan-talk up until now, I expected a bit more in the way of avid voting. Maybe you don't love Tony so much after all. Maybe Pete's gonna have his way.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I would always vote the same way, but right now I would choose a bowl of nuggets over frosties, so that's the way my vote will have to go.

ReputationRep:
    Frosties! I do love them, I've been out. Also very pleased I haven't been forced to choose between them and Shreddies. Yet.

Nuggets. Though I do love grabbing handfuls of dry Frosties as a snack.

ReputationRep:
    Golden nuggets! The honey sweet milk? The childhood memories! They used to come with the BEST toys! :')

ReputationRep:
    Frosties by far, gotta love that sugar.

ReputationRep:
    Frosties.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Frosties yummmmyyy!

ReputationRep:
    It's got to be Golden Nuggets!

ReputationRep:
    Frosties!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    frosties, golden nuggets go soggy instantly :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Noooo don't let frosties win! Golden nuggets! I love them

~We live in an age of smart phones and stupid people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.