Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    Intelligence
    Good sense of humour
    Enthusiasm
    Good hair
    Height (This one really isn't that important though).
    Intelligence? The human species is by definition intelligent (apart from those intellectually disabled). Good hair is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam96)
    Caring
    Thoughtful
    Understanding
    Intelligent
    Ambitious
    Caring and ambitious? That sounds like a highly unlikely combination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron9890)
    Rude!?? :L
    She means she wants to get beaten from time to time. For more info see Chris Brown.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pessimist)
    Yeah, I'm only 5'3 though. However, I think I've started growing again. I'm 16 and I've been shorter than most people all throughtout my school life, all I'm clinging on to now is that I'll spurt soon because although all other aspects of puberty I've been through my face still looks young, I mean people tell me I look about 13/14 so I'm hoping as my face matures, I'll have a growth spurt too. Unlikely I know, but it's the only thing I have left to hope for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair enough, I'm 18 so I don't feel like I'm going to grow anymore. You've still got a chance at 16 though, I have a friend who was shorter that me (5'2 ish, though he might have been the same size since i tend to wear low heels) throughout upper school, then he suddenly grew last summer, so it's definately possible.

ReputationRep:
    1. Being a good friend comes first for me! I have to be able to trust them
    2. Someone who accepts my way of living and beliefs as spirituality and religion is very important to me.
    3. Sharing a similar sense of humour always helps! We can laugh at each other :P
    4. Intelligence and thoughtfulness- someone who sees the big picture and has a positive outlook rather than someone who is critical and negative all the time.
    5. Lookswise- a nice smile goes a long way and if you have dimples that's a bonus :cool: haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissNix)
    Fair enough, I'm 18 so I don't feel like I'm going to grow anymore. You've still got a chance at 16 though, I have a friend who was shorter that me (5'2 ish, though he might have been the same size since i tend to wear low heels) throughout upper school, then he suddenly grew last summer, so it's definately possible.
    You give me an ounce of hope

ReputationRep:
    1. Ambition. My guy is aiming to go to university (like myself) whereas my ex just coasted along and had little idea. It frustrated me a lot!
    2. Hair. I don't mean perfectly cut or floppy hair. My boyfriends crazy mess of curls drew me in :awesome:
    3. Similar film/TV interests. On a rainy day in, curling up on the sofa enjoying the TV is a great day.
    4. Laughter. I love laughter,
    5. Affection. Just a sweet subtle kiss on the head makes me smile heaps.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paultheguitarist)
    I'm stuffed.

I'm 5"5, mediocre at most things I do, a little... "plump" and don't have a blog dedicated to my love for doctor who or cumberbatch. I read fantasy novels and have far too much love for a song of ice and fire. And my eyes are completely plain, and a bit small.

Okay ladies, for an orderly queue...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My boyfriend is 5"5, a little plump ... Loves fantasy novels too!

Are you him in disguise? haha!

ReputationRep:
    Well Kept,
    Nice Smile
    Open Minded
    Funny
    Sweet
    OOo and definitely intelligent- need 6 goddamit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pessimist)
    Most girls on here:
    "1. Tall
    2. Tall
    3. Tall
    4. Tall
    5. Tall"

Us shorties have no hope :cries:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They'll always be a girl smaller than you that doesn't mind.

Or, like me, who only likes short guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    Height

Money
    Power

Anything other than this is a lie.
    Sexism. :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    1 - Tall
    2 - Has his own hair
    3 - Nice smile
    4 - Gives good hugs
    5 - Handsome
    6 - Good in the sack
    7 - Must like dogs and children
    8 - Must be aware that I have a kid, a dog, a house and an ex and be accommodating of that.
    9 - Must be aware that my life can resemble a David Lynch movie!
    10 - Solvent

Deal Breakers
    Bad breath or smelly feet/body or wind.
    Swearing and uncouth behaviour
    Mysogeny and chauvenism
    Excessive drunkeness
    Violence of any sort
    Ass-hattery of any description

ReputationRep:
    Sense of humour
    Nice smile
    Intelligent
    Has opinions of their own
    Tolerant (ie. Not racist, homophobic, etc)

However, my actual taste in men is abysmal and I always end up fancying guys only to discover they're massive manwhores or they drink too much.

Also, they have to have a nice voice. I have a serious thing for nice voices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Caring and ambitious? That sounds like a highly unlikely combination.
    No it's not, I know plenty of ambitious people who are the loveliest people you'll ever meet.

ReputationRep:
    Good sense of humour
    Honesty
    Caring
    Confidence
    Spontaneity

ReputationRep:
    Cash rule the world, atleast it do with girls... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Genuine
    Honest
    Intelligent
    Funny
    Handsome (which to me tends to be green eyes and dimples really!)

ReputationRep:
    Oddly enough I look at teeth. That's the one thing I cannot ignore lol. Teeth have be decent

Then there's;
    - intelligence
    - a sense of humour
    - relatively slim build. The whole muscles and abs thing? I don't really care
    - faithfulness/honesty

ReputationRep:
    1) Mutual Interests - A huge one for me. I'm aware a lot of people don't think this one matters much, but I spend a ridiculous amount of time devoted to my hobbies. I don't think I could face being with someone who wasn't interested.

2) Honest & Considerate - I have huge trust issues, I would rather be alone than with someone I didn't trust. Not just to tell the truth, but also to be sensitive to mine and other people's feelings. Cruelty is just awful and I couldn't be with someone like that.

3) Intelligence - At least some. :p:

4) Sense of Humor - Its a must.

5) Appearance - Not the most important thing, and indeed I have quite an unconventional view of what constitutes a nice looking guy, but I have to be at least somewhat attracted to him.

ReputationRep:
    The girls in here are really weird. :erm:

I respect your answers and opinions though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.