The Student Room Group

ENGB3 AQA 3rd June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have the mark scheme for this exam? (June 2013)

Posted from TSR Mobile
can anyone explain the difference between expansions and recasts , i understand that expansions is when the carer expands the childs utterance into a longer and more meaning full one but I dont get recasts
Reply 262
As far as I know recasting is a way of an adult letting a child know they're wrong without directly saying it, so instead they recast what the child is trying to say with the standard form. For example, if a child says 'nana' the adult would reply with 'banana', or 'lellow' with 'yellow' if that makes sense?
Reply 263
I thought a recast is literally just a way of an adult correcting the child without telling them they're wrong, so instead they say the correct version of what the child means to say if that makes sense? Like if a child said 'nana' the mum would say 'yes, a banana' or something?
hi guys , could really do with some help , im applying for an internship for a small magazine . they've asked me for my previous writing experience , however I obviously haven't gotten my grades yet . my teacher said I have to promote my A/S coursework ( 2 creative writing pieces) and my A2 language investigation piece so far this is what I have come up with
"During my time at college studying English language I have developed a passion for the subject. In my AS year I was able to develop and learn skills in writing such as what makes a good piece of writing , how writers use specific linguistic features and terminology and the fact you have to take into consideration genre , audience , purpose tone in order to create an excellent engaging , entertaining piece of writing . also learning how writers manipulate language to appeal to a target audience ,at A2 undertook a language investigation where choose a topic to investigate,collected data from a large variety of sources and pieced together the information I had gathered. " i know this crap, but could someone help me expand of what I've written and also suggest what else I could include.
Reply 265
Hi,

Does anyone have good essay plans for each section of the paper? I think i've mislaid my notes... TYPICAL!

thank you!
Reply 266
Original post by judevorhand
Hi, Doing the A-Level on the Monday 3rd of June - i tend to write notes on all subjects and they are generally A* and marked by top quality Honorary teachers. Those who would like a copy please reply to this comment. I use the AQA Book.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys / girls. :smile:

Don't know if you're still active, but may I please have some of your Eng Lang notes? They sound fab :smile:
Original post by judevorhand
Hi, Doing the A-Level on the Monday 3rd of June - i tend to write notes on all subjects and they are generally A* and marked by top quality Honorary teachers. Those who would like a copy please reply to this comment. I use the AQA Book.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys / girls. :smile:

Hi im not sure if youre still active this would be a great help for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending