Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Here is an interesting article from the Independent I found that reaffirms UKIP spouting BS and they are narrow minded and only see one side of the argument theirs
    Your post just proves your narrow mindedness. Most things have problems, costs, risks and benefits. Your positions have these and the UKIPs positions have these. That article you linked is just someone stating opinions of pros and cons. Its a bit stupid of you to claim it proves that UKIP are talking rubbish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    tsr is full of irrational left wingers. i cant believe you generally think that there are now more right wingers on tsr? absolute nonsense. The reason is partly because the people of this country have seen the damaging effects of being in the EU, open doors immigration and political correctness gone mad. It's about time the right wing really stood up for itself, and i'm all for it.

p.s TSR is still overwhelmingly left wing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackburn_Allen)
    Why are you still bashing people for sourcing the Daily Mail when you do so yourself on a regular occasion?

... irrelevant rant deleted....
    Ignoring all the nonsense, I of course cite the Daily Mail either in a negative way - to show how dumb their stories are - or for entertainment value. That's utterly different to reposting their stories every day with a slightly different headline, claiming they mean something when they run today's immigrant-bashing/benefit-bashing non-story. It's just an avalanche of brainless drivel, frankly - and it's rendering the UK Politics forum utterly pointless and unusable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    tsr is full of irrational left wingers. i cant believe you generally think that there are now more right wingers on tsr? absolute nonsense. The reason is partly because the people of this country have seen the damaging effects of being in the EU, open doors immigration and political correctness gone mad. It's about time the right wing really stood up for itself, and i'm all for it.

p.s TSR is still overwhelmingly left wing.
    Rightwingers outnumber leftwingers by something like 2:1 on TSR, in terms of individuals and about 5:1 in terms of postings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toothfairy123)
    Why do you assume that people's number one concern is giving money to the poor and disabled people?

Perhaps someone else's number one concern is stopping immigration, cutting down government spending , cutting the state down to size and getting the jobs/ lives sorted out of all the British people at the bottom of the heap (the people that the Oxbridge people think are need to be mixed with Somalians, disrespected and magically subsidised from a money pot that does not exist - which does not matter because these Oxbridge geniuses have no common sense - so practical things don't matter).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's your sudden gripe with Oxbridge? What do you know of them anyway- did you actually go there (or anywhere)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magda1502)
    What's your sudden gripe with Oxbridge? What do you know of them anyway- did you actually go there (or anywhere)?
    I think they confuse 'Oxbridge' with 'liberal', which is far from reality.

Also, since when did we in the UK start using 'liberal' to mean 'left wing'? That's straight from the US and Fox TV and it has to stop! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Since when were Oxford and Cambridge considered liberal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Right now we have massive government attacks on the poor and the Tories are using the police as a tool to brutally suppress protest. A couple of years ago they used it against students in London on a massive scale and against the very popular UK Uncut tax protests - the cases arising from that are still going on. Few causes have as much popular support as the campaign to end massive tax avoidance by corporations, yet despite Coalition blather on the subject, little is being truly done to clamp down on it. Today we have the news that directors of more than 175,000 UK companies are based in tax havens. Enough money is kept in tax havens to provide for the entire government spending of the United States and Japan for a year!

TSR political threads are not reflecting this reality. Instead, we have a regular blizzard of Daily Mail-influenced thread titles, attacking so-called 'scroungers', trying to paint the poor as undeserving, attacking immigrants and all the rest of the usual far-right message that the poor and immigrants are to blame for our woes, the biggest lie of many lies that the Tories are currently telling.

This is now such a regular pattern that the UK politics forum appears to be almost dead in the water - most posters are bogged down arguing with people who appear to be wholly committed to the EDL/BNP/Ukip lines. So much so, that we must ask the question - are these organisations seeking to control debate on TSR? Is TSR willing to allow this to continue? Is it what we really want?
    What you said is 100% accurate and I'm in agreement with it wholeheartedly . From the first day I signed up to TSR, I have experienced first hand, this CONSERVATIVE,ENDL,BNP propaganda machine in full swing. It actually is funny as these folks spew their hatred behind a computer screen with all the benefits of anonymity. Look I'm center of left so I'm more likely to support labor but I don't regard UKIP as racist well their leader Mr Farage he is pro democracy that is the only point I agree with him on. I believe people should have the right to decided if they want to be part of a political union that is not far right that is democracy. Why should 27 un-elected people decided the laws in this country mind you, you can't hold these folks accountable i.e THE COMMISSION. Again that is the only point I agree with him on let the people have a voice on who makes the law's. UKIP hurt the conservatives lol so its all good, let them take away votes

Look this government will be gone and that day can't come quick enough. Mr Cameron and co know that, and that is why they are pushing through these cuts so quick and deep its to leave a legacy of some sought a conservative legacy, so basically to say look we were conservatives because we followed the conservative ideology of small government and big business i.e imposed policies of deep cuts to the public sector and cut taxes for the wealthy.

I also agree with what you said about the tax havens there is alot of money in these tax havens that could be of great use in the UK. Another thing this Cameron led government is doing is that it is following the same old Center right to far right policy of "TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS" which has been proven to be a utter disaster especially during times of recessions. I just don't get it I really don't:confused::confused::confused:. The policy basically works like this in basic terms, punish the poor and reward the wealthy. The thinking behind this is that if you cut taxes for the rich the reward will basically trickle down to the poor masses. This has never worked because even if you cut taxes to 2% big corporations will still ship jobs overseas because of cheap labor, Until the standard of living improves in those countries i.e Asia then companies will continue to ship jobs overseas.

ReputationRep:
    I think they confuse 'Oxbridge' with 'liberal', which is far from reality.

Also, since when did we in the UK start using 'liberal' to mean 'left wing'? That's straight from the US and Fox TV and it has to stop! :eek:
    Quite. Which goes to show just how little they understand.

ReputationRep:
    Rightwingers outnumber leftwingers by something like 2:1 on TSR, in terms of individuals and about 5:1 in terms of postings.
    Absolute nonsense. Its fairly easy to tell which side outweighs who by the amount of negs a point of view gets.

for example, you've got 31 thumbs up and 16 negs on a thread which you are basically bashing and asking to censor right wing views. Please tell me again how right wingers outnumber left wingers 2:1? if this was the case, you should have twice as many negs as thumbs up +-% error. this is not the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    That is a lie. Where are your sources for this?
    God, you didn't take it seriously did you?? :rolleyes: I have no idea what the source is. I think I read it somewhere, maybe on urbandictionary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt)
    It's just one of those popular myths that have no relationship to current (or even past) realities - a bit like the one that the BBC is full of Marxists.

ReputationRep:
    Absolute nonsense. Its fairly easy to tell which side outweighs who by the amount of negs a point of view gets.

for example, you've got 31 thumbs up and 16 negs on a thread which you are basically bashing and asking to censor right wing views. Please tell me again how right wingers outnumber left wingers 2:1? if this was the case, you should have twice as many negs as thumbs up +-% error. this is not the case.
    Maybe people just agree that UK Politics is being spammed every day, rather than specifically agreeing with my politics?

ReputationRep:
    This is now such a regular pattern that the UK politics forum appears to be almost dead in the water - most posters are bogged down arguing with people who appear to be wholly committed to the EDL/BNP/Ukip lines. So much so, that we must ask the question - are these organisations seeking to control debate on TSR? Is TSR willing to allow this to continue? Is it what we really want?
    TSR Debate and Current Affairs is almost certainly being controlled by a shadowy illuminati bent on nothing less than total world domination. Personally I blame Israel.

for example, you've got 31 thumbs up and 16 negs on a thread which you are basically bashing and asking to censor right wing views
    It's because she's a sub and has a fair amount of rep, ie. she can see who neg repped her and neg rep them back. Multiply it by 5-10 for the real number of negs.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe people just agree that UK Politics is being spammed every day, rather than specifically agreeing with my politics?
    very well could be the case, but people not interested in politics probably wouldn't click onto this thread? or look at the politics section? thus we can conclude the majority of people who came onto this thread are interested in politics and thus do have these views?

also another example of how left wingers far outnumber right wingers on tsr is simply by looking at individuals rep, not on posts. Don't you notice the majority of right wingers have red gems, whilst left wingers have shiny green ones? unless you're advocating that all of these people are trolls, it would seem once again there are more left wingers than right wingers on tsr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    TSR Debate and Current Affairs is almost certainly being controlled by a shadowy illuminati bent on nothing less than total world domination. Personally I blame Israel.
    Israel have their hands full demonising Palestinians and Iranians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt)
    I heard that Oxford is considered more conservative and Cambridge was more liberal not sure. Interestingly in the USA all the top universities i.e ivy league is mainly considered liberal or progressive

ReputationRep:
    Your thread is explicitly anti right wing, there is no way right wingers would give you positive for this. I consider myself more left wing than right and even I am half tempted to neg it because I strongly disagree with trying to censor viewpoints by not even letting them speak, if we started doing that we'd turn into Orwell's vision in 1984.

I think you're mistakening trolls for genuine members, the most vocal people usually do not represent the general consensus. I'd guess nowhere near as many people hold extreme liberal or conservative views as a quick look at opening posts would suggest. As the other guy said any right wing topics get negged to oblivion, with the first post disagreeing with the right wing OP getting a lot of pos. TSR is left wing.

Edit: Actually someone did make a good point that you're a subscriber, so you may get less negs than standard users, thanks to a few select subbers throwing a hissy fit and sending angry PMs to people who neg them. Most people can't be bothered putting up with that so just steer clear of negging subscribers, so it is possible that the rep balence would be a bit more equal in normal circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toothfairy123)
    -Immigration lowers wages
    -Mass immigration destroys the nation
    -immigration impacts working class communities most
    - Immigration benefits companies
    Etc. etc

These are all logical and rational arguments.

The liberal left 60s revolutionaries are not driven by reason and logic, they are driven with an ideology. That ideology is full of contradictions and they like it that way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think multiculturalism has somewhat failed- we should encourage people to feel proud to be British so there is less divisions in certain communities- think Oldham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THECHOOSENONE)
    I heard that Oxford is considered more conservative and Cambridge was more liberal not sure. Interestingly in the USA all the top universities i.e ivy league is mainly considered liberal or progressive
    I think the whole liberal/conservative issue is irrelevant to Oxbridge.

They're establishmentarian. Wholly more concerning.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.