Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liberty.)
    Tell me about it mines at 1:30.
    I just got a call for a phone interview whilst I was revising this morning, I might as well have screamed down the phone and hung up :l
    I have a feeling this one is going to be harder then the January one, although I am much better prepared now.
    I doubt that it will be harder. Jan was hard enough because it was only 42 for an A I think OCR will try and make it easier.

ReputationRep:
    Feeling much better about this exam now, I've just redone the Jan 13 paper (which I got a U for) and got a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    I doubt that it will be harder. Jan was hard enough because it was only 42 for an A I think OCR will try and make it easier.
    I thought the grade boundaries were normal, around 80% for an A, 42/60 is only 70%. My teacher thought the paper wasn't too bad.
    Although it would've been nicer if they did put the grade boundary lower, make my crappy D a C aha

But lets hope for an easier one, without them putting the grade boundaries too high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodawg321)
    I think the june papers are written before the actual January exam so maybe it won't be easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madrevision)
    I think the june papers are written before the actual January exam so maybe it won't be easier
    Maybe they purposely made all January exams horrific, because everyone government-related seems to hate them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liberty.)
    Maybe they purposely made all January exams horrific, because everyone government-related seems to hate them
    yh I think exams this year have been somewhat odd compared to previous years :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find the paper then?
    compared to january,it does seem better =D

ReputationRep:
    This paper wasn't bad tbh, dunno if I really like it or dislike it

ReputationRep:
    What a little ***** xo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgehigginson)
    What a little ***** xo
    You thought the paper was hard?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone produce an unofficial mark scheme so i can know if i have any chance of getting an A or B

ReputationRep:
    I retract my earlier statement.. I thought that was atrocious.. although I did manage to get the F=ma kinetic energy question using v2 = u2 + 2as

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Someone should make an Unofficial Markscheme Thread for this exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ordered)
    I retract my earlier statement.. I thought that was atrocious.. although I did manage to get the F=ma kinetic energy question using v2 = u2 + 2as

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn. I didn't do v^2 = u^2 + 2as for ANY question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari_1996)
    You thought the paper was hard?
    Yes just me and the rest of my school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari_1996)
    Damn. I didn't do v^2 = u^2 + 2as for ANY question.
    I don't think it was that as you needed to use F=ma and Work Done = Force and distance

ReputationRep:
    unofficial mark scheme anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for acceleration from the v-t graph?
    And 2nd but last question?

ReputationRep:
    Missed the last page out But for the questions i did i think it was ok. For proving KE = 1/2mv^2 i replaced F with ma in work done = fx and replaced x with speed x time so Work done = mavt but didnt get much further than that

ReputationRep:
    And what do you all think the grade boundaries will be like?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.