Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alix23)
    I assumed everyone pees in the shower?
    We had this discussion and I have ascertained that none of my female friends pee in the shower apart from her. I don't either. Guys however..

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't stop periods for most people, just controls hormones which can make them lighter or less frequent.
    It stopped mine completely got it taken out today though, gained about 20lbs on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Everyone <3's boobs!
    Hell yeah

ReputationRep:
    My cousin who is female doesn't masterbate, yes we had a lengthy discussion in it, nothing sexual. But she says she has never masturbated and feels the image repulsive, though she didn't say repulsive because she's not very bright but her face did the talking. I admitted I masturbated and yet she denied any fact that she did, either she is not comfortable and frigid or she's telling me the biggest lie yet. I wouldn't why she would lie if she did though, it's not like I am going to think different of her, she must have no urges. Also men will know the importance of having a shed/garage/room to do man things.

Worried that people can "smell" that you're on period.

Using tissue as an emergency pad/tampon.

I could say a lot more that most girls are afraid/embarrassed to say but I won't as it's far too graphic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamyourfather)
    I could say a lot more that most girls are afraid/embarrassed to say but I won't as it's far too graphic.
    Do it! Do it! Do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Faust)
    To be honest from what I have experienced, the pain from a kick in the balls doesn't last too long, you don't have to carry a small person around everywhere for 9 months beforehand and you don't spend the next 18 years spending thousands of pounds to bring up aforementioned small person.

Kick me in the balls, thanks.
    Nobody has kicked you in the balls properly.

Like the peal of a large bell, a well weighted kick to the knackers can make your head ring for hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)

Like the peal of a large bell, a well weighted kick to the knackers can make your head ring for hours.
    Still doesn't match up to consequences of months or years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamyourfather)
    Please. This sounds interesting :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Please. This sounds interesting :cool:
    Gross is probably a better way to describe this kind of thing

ReputationRep:
    Gross is probably a better way to describe this kind of thing
    Doubt it. I'm unshockable.

ReputationRep:
    I have so much more, not sure if appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peaches & Cream)
    I didn't say it was impossible to die from being kicked in the balls; I just compared the two - it's far more likely for childbirth to cause death than being kicked in the the balls.

Also, being kicked in the balls is pain on impact - that split second of extreme pain, followed by aching afterwards. Childbirth? For lot's of women, giving birth is hours of constant pain followed by days of aching.
    Hahaha. Not if the kick to the balls is hard enough and they are caught against your leg or something. It is scientifically proven the nerves in the female genital area simply are not capable of transmitting pain-waves of the magnitude that those in the testes are. They can be enough to kill a man by sending his brain into shock, though I admit it very rarely comes to that, but you can't die from the 'pain' of child-birth. So sorry, but women cannot brag about being capable of pulling through childbirth by saying it is the greatest pain a human can bare, though certainly an achievement, is not THAT much of an achievement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulMidwife)
    I have so much more, not sure if appropriate.
    It's always appropriate on the internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)
    It's always appropriate on the internet
    Not when you're not anonymous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn_J)
    Hahaha. Not if the kick to the balls is hard enough and they are caught against your leg or something. It is scientifically proven the nerves in the female genital area simply are not capable of transmitting pain-waves of the magnitude that those in the testes are. They can be enough to kill a man by sending his brain into shock, though I admit it very rarely comes to that, but you can't die from the 'pain' of child-birth. So sorry, but women cannot brag about being capable of pulling through childbirth by saying it is the greatest pain a human can bare, though certainly an achievement, is not THAT much of an achievement.
    It's still pointless to try and compare subjective pains which neither gender can experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)

I curl my toes and cringe at just the memory of a kick to the balls that left me like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphodromantis)
    My cousin who is female doesn't masterbate, yes we had a lengthy discussion in it, nothing sexual. But she says she has never masturbated and feels the image repulsive, though she didn't say repulsive because she's not very bright but her face did the talking. I admitted I masturbated and yet she denied any fact that she did, either she is not comfortable and frigid or she's telling me the biggest lie yet. I wouldn't why she would lie if she did though, it's not like I am going to think different of her, she must have no urges. Also men will know the importance of having a shed/garage/room to do man things.
    If she's still a teenager then she's telling the truth. If she's not a teenager then she's lying.

ReputationRep:
    Period pains

ReputationRep:
    The pure frustration of when youve just had a shower, clean underwear, clean clothes... and you suddenly feel the smallest amount of wetness on your underwear :mad:

Also sometimes when we say we're fine, we genuinely are just fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.